Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

unless you know which celebrity is at Brinsworth there's not really any way of knowing. They don't list who they have there on their website

Thats true, but if you put brinsworth house in the search engine, you can see who was there, its quite sad really, i am still upset that ray hasnt replied to my email about writing to richard though :(

Other people on the web have apparently had more success by phoning Brinsworth House first.

Whoever answers then tells them to send an email, etc, which they will reply to as they know you know they've received it.

If that makes sense.

I've never used the Live Chat function on this site, but this thread seems to have turned into a surrogate Yahoo! Messenger.

I realise that people want to see as many entries as possible on this thread, but it's gaining around three pages of waffle per day at the moment.

How about we have a thread where people can just chat to each other about doing stuff and keep this one for news and relevant posts about Dickie O'?

Don't mean to insult anyone in particular, but can we keep the stream-of-consciousness waffle to a minimum?

Cheers,

Star Crossed

It looks like your regular net.kook, but it can also be parody. In my experience there's no parody so weird or there's someone online who believes exactly that and then some.

regards,

Hein

I met Kurtz once, way up the Nung River, I found his methods to be quite sound. :(

He must be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

I met Kurtz once, way up the Nung River, I found his methods to be quite sound. :blink:

Funny I think exactly the same about the last 400 posts on this sodding thread.

I met Kurtz once, way up the Nung River, I found his methods to be quite sound. :blink:

Funny I think exactly the same about the last 400 posts on this sodding thread.

I agree this chat-tastic thread needs to be reeled in.

I suppose that one could argue that Tessa Wyatt is the culmination of a process that started with a few amino acids in a brackish pool. But for ideographic dialectics to emerge from a discussion about Charlie Drake and his Brinsworth ilk requires a new understanding of evolution. I will pause to reflect........

:ph34r:

I think Colonel Kurtz should be recruited to head MI5. I am sure he could winkle Bin Laden out of his cave.

I think Sir Ian Blair should stand down as head of the met, his methods are unsound.

:blink:

I think Himler should make good use of a sharp razor blade.

Guest Himler Website Advertising Inc

42403 views!!

ADVERTISE HERE!

FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONTACT:

himler@thirdreich.com

I know, thats why i said what i said in the post above yours, although its a hated topic, its still gets viewed by the haters  :blink:

It's become a hated topic due to the high level of moronic drivel that has been recently posted.

Delete the last 400 posts say I, send a message to all the shitehawks.

Being an unemployed alcoholic, I have considered suicide frequently, however razor blades sound a bit grim, I am leaning towards plastic bag duct taped over my head, I should just get dizzy, pass out and die right? :blink:

Why not go for a Milligan?

Pretty much as highlighted but put a satsuma in your mouth and steal some lingerie from a lady tramp. Then simply masturbate until you pass out. :ph34r:

Someone else's or not, at least it's a memorable line. Apart from a few of the utterances of George and Mildred can anyone remember a really memorable line from a Dickie O vehicle?

Guest Guest

Stand and Deliver!

Da diddly qua qua!

Oh no, that was a far more talented actor.

No, just the face pulling  :D

1970's sitcoms summed up in 4 words - pure genius :D

ps: before the abuse (Fawlty and Fletcher are the exceptions that prove the rule)

'now i want you to fill that jar, fletcher.'

'what, from here?'

ok so you need the visual, too, but he follows it with :

'with these feet?'

the feet gag being a great running one (!) in the first episode. true there aren't many great lines from sit-com in the seventies, but that's surely because most UK sit-com with memorable lines was derived from radio, and tv execs wanted an emphasis on silly sight gags in tv comedy. how much of it was about physical comedy and faces? eric sykes being an example of the higher end, benny hill of the lower. and yes, i know his shows weren't sit-com, but his co-writer dave freeman wrote a LOT of sit-com episodes for different series, and was typical of the time. 'dad's army' had some better lines because the cast were a bit too old for pratfalls (mostly), and cleese was a law unto himself.

dickie was just the middle-class robin askwith. discuss (or not)

Someone else's or not, at least it's a memorable line. Apart from a few of the utterances of George and Mildred can anyone remember a really memorable line from a Dickie O vehicle?

"Get your kicks watching Bruce on the old Generation Game"

"Get your kicks watching Bruce on the old Generation Game"

Saint Etienne.

Do I win a pen?

I suppose we could add "Miss Jones" rigsby's line from rising damp :P

Which line?

can anyone remember a really memorable line from a Dickie O vehicle?

Given the lack of activity above, I'll take it as a no. My strongest recollection is the commercial for real coal fires and that immortal line;

'Yeah, it makes great toast.'

How long before he's toast eh?

There were some amusing lines in Dick Turpin, but for some reason they tended to be spoken by other characters. Writer Richard Carpenter went on to scribble Robin Of Sherwood,which had MUCH better lines and wasn't as miscast

can anyone remember a really memorable line from a Dickie O vehicle?

Given the lack of activity above, I'll take it as a no. My strongest recollection is the commercial for real coal fires and that immortal line;

'Yeah, it makes great toast.'

How long before he's toast eh?

As I said; "Get your kicks watching Bruce on the old generation game"