Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

So, all told, there's more wit and sparkle on this thread than the entire scripted basis for Dickie O's ITV career.

Christopher Blake died in 2004 from cancer

I'm sure this thead is now so far off topic that it's more of a snickers.

Much as I love the Dickie O thread and have leaped to its defence in the past, as when it was recently shut down I think you do have a point.

The Other things vs Axctual posts about O'Sullivan ratio is currently about 7:1 in this thread.

The other things are an expression of the vacuous creature that is Dickie O; they shine out as his meagre sparkle crumbles to nothing.

very poetic, and also very true. he has become emblematic of a vanishing age; his own slow decline is representative of the twilight of an era in media. as such, those who orbit around this sun that is slowly imploding are also as worthy of note before they, too, are snuffed out.

oh yes, i can do pretentious as well as the next man.

having said that, i've just dressed up a bit of truth: dickie has become a focus for an age and a field of which he was so much a part. i think that, and the fact that he had little in the way of talent, import or note compared to some of the political, intellectual, and socially impactive figures on the list, is why this thread goes seemingly off-topic so much. that and the fact the fact that he was a light entertainment figure lends itself to people F*****g about a lot more readily than if he was, say, sharon or hamza.

very poetic, and also very true. he has become emblematic of a vanishing age; his own slow decline is representative of the twilight of an era in media. as such, those who orbit around this sun that is slowly imploding are also as worthy of note before they, too, are snuffed out.

oh yes, i can do pretentious as well as the next man.

having said that, i've just dressed up a bit of truth: dickie has become a focus for an age and a field of which he was so much a part. i think that, and the fact that he had little in the way of talent, import or note compared to some of the political, intellectual, and socially impactive figures on the list, is why this thread goes seemingly off-topic so much. that and the fact the fact that he was a light entertainment figure lends itself to people F*****g about a lot more readily than if he was, say, sharon or hamza

So maybe - like - he'll re-invent himself when at some future olympics, he'll shuffle up and light the flame.

Peeps head around the door

Is it safe in here ????

Runs away again....just in case

Yer 103 posts into your DL career; it's a bit late to be asking such a niave question.

Am I imagining it or was this thread closed when I popped in to acclaim Dickie earlier?

Yer 103 posts into your DL career; it's a bit late to be asking such a niave question.

hehehe :D

I was worried ... someone said this thread had been closed. Obviously not. B)

It was, briefly, but you can't keep a good dickie down.

What are you saying Queenie? Mollie Sugden was a bloke, you know, somehow that doesn't surprise me.

Mollie's no ladyboy. There was a time when she was obsessed with her pussy.

Godot: this is I venture, harsh but fair.

Mollie's no ladyboy because she's too damn ugly!

By the way i would like to congratulate MARYPORTFUNCITY on his 1200th post! :D;):D

By the way i would like to congratulate MARYPORTFUNCITY on her 1200th post! :D;):D

Isn't MPFC a "he"?

Yes, but people think of him as a Mary due to his name. So they think he is female.

By the way i would like to congratulate MARYPORTFUNCITY on his 1200th post!

Thanks guys, I'm moved by your concern. My husband says 'hi' as well!

Civil partnership is a wonderful thing, eh Mary et husband.

There's nowt civil about our partnership. But, hey, that's the way we like it.

One a more relevant note we were discussing mingers like Mollie Sugden, Bela Emberg and Peggy Mount when this thread took a nostalgic turn a while back. I found myself wondering - like - since they were famous females in television at a time when there were few channels and few chances for actresses.....do you think they slept with the producers and directors to get their jobs?