Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Well you would have thought that some of them would have but money speaks volumes. could have been Dickies big comeback !

Millie

Are we trying to keep this thread as active as possible, dunno, how about we post a few comments to each other until we can decide on that one?

Maybe I phrased it badly . We are certainly not here only to keep this thread active but if you look back over our comments in this thread I think it is fair to say that we both get a bit bothered if it has lain dormant for a few days.

can we please stop taking about this guy ?.....I keep getting sent to this thread (cos there's a new post).....but its nothing to do with his health...just how bad a comedy actor he was (I thought he was quite good actually! )

Don't click on the link to this thread then.

Unlike Mollie Sugden, who has a remarkable score of 3, Richard O'Sullivan doesn't score anything on the Bacon Oracle. That's very disappointing. No wonder people find him here first.

Unlike Mollie Sugden, who has a remarkable score of 3, Richard O'Sullivan doesn't score anything on the Bacon Oracle. That's very disappointing. No wonder people find him here first.

Funnily enough, my missus has the same score as Mollie! Who'da thunk etc.

I've looked on with interest as this thread has evolved.

My conclusion is that despite the opinion of most of the posters on this site, that this man has no discernable talent, the fact that he had a career that the vast majority of the acting profession would envy, takes an incredible amount of talent. :rip:

I suppose the same could be said of Kylie Minogue.

the fact that he had a career that the vast majority of the acting profession would envy, takes an incredible amount of talent. 

I suppose the same could be said of Kylie Minogue

Daylight between them I'd say with Kylie way out front. Going on your reckoning people who made a reasonable living as actors - like Sonny Tufts - must have been talented. Richard O' Sullivan was a journeyman who could do a job. If he'd been fatter, uglier or black he'd have had no chance, end of.

The point I was trying to make, not very well, was that to do what he did with (apparently) no acting talent, takes a certain talent, (and luck of course).

I care little of the career of Mr. O'Sullivan, but from reading this thread and from what I have learnt from it, it is evident that for a few years at least, he was, whatever you may think, a major television star in Great Britain. :o

I care little of the career of Mr. O'Sullivan, but from reading this thread and from what I have learnt from it, it is evident that for a few years at least, he was, whatever you may think, a major television star in Great Britain.

No disputing that, right up there with the demi-gods of dross like Robert Robinson, Cliff Mitchelmore and Jim Bowen......on second thoughts, Bowen was - in his own understated way - a class act.

I care little of the career of Mr. O'Sullivan, but from reading this thread and from what I have learnt from it, it is evident that for a few years at least, he was, whatever you may think, a major television star in Great Britain.

No disputing that, right up there with the demi-gods of dross like Robert Robinson, Cliff Mitchelmore and Jim Bowen......on second thoughts, Bowen was - in his own understated way - a class act.

I wouldn't know about that, but what I do know is that he was in a Carry-on film, and shared the screen with Taylor and Burton, which no matter what your opinion of his performance may be, sounds good to me.

Tales for the grandchildren and all that.

Can you buy DVD's of 'Man about the House'?

I'm not very good at this ....I can do it in 4 via Sammy Davis/Sid Ceaser etc....but there must be better...

I personally wouldn't count Anchorman.....if he was only in the out-takes....

Goodness folks, if you'd have only looked at the Mollie Sugden thread the Bacon links were all there. Mollie is incredibly well connected in Hollywood but Richard O', sadly, isn't.

Mollie is incredibly well connected in Hollywood but Richard O', sadly, isn't.

Nope, but he's rapidly becoming our poster boy, 4th on the DL hit parade behind only his late holiness John Paul 2nd, the possibles for 2006 and the near misses for 2005. Given that the pontiff is a stiff and the other two lists are now redundant Dickie O could over-take the lot. Forgive the ironic pun but it's life affirming to trawl through a thread so rich in sarcy humour, creative invention and entertaining banter with the odd drive-by ranter. Let's twunt this thread by spring!

Let's twunt this thread by spring!

Well said MPFC! :electr2:

I'm an avid reader of the various Dickyisms but not much of an active poster... Excellent thread appealing to all comers... Huzzah!

Only R O'Sullivan's demise can sink this thread now. Even then, it may live on. I would still like to know his Bacon number.

Only R O'Sullivan's demise can sink this thread now. Even then, it may live on. I would still like to know his Bacon number.

Man it's like I see this thread everywhere I look. It's been in the top 10

for some time now.

Maybe one of these days i'll look through the whole thing - It must be very entertaining. :electr2:

His Bacon number is 2, the link being Donald Sinden.

Right. I must have spelled his name wrong. That means this broken, pathetic creature sitting around the telly in his high seat chair and dribbling down his jersey is better connected in Hollywood than Mollie Sugden. I am shattered.

Vinegar Tits: Didn't the corkscrew-haired sex machine that was Magpie's Mick Roberston do anything for you?

Not really. I was more of a Blue Peter fan, however unfashionable that may be to admit. First stirrings of "hmm, he's nice" were probably Mike Holoway of Flintlock/Tomorrow People fame or Bobby Crush, who was really really cute when he was younger.

Hi, just read this whole thread in one sitting (yeah, I know, I really must get a job) & haven't laughed so much in ages.

I actually got here after looking Mister Sullivan up on Google & you'll be glad to know that you're still the first result. The reason I looked him up on Google was just to see what the old chap is doing now, as this is a morbid fascination of mine- seeing what old, forgotten celebrities are doing now & whether they're about to crawl out onto some reality celebrity format.

Anyway, found out more about what he's doing now on this thread than on the rest of the web- even his current address & the knowledge that his autograph goes for a tenner a time on e-bay, so by putting two and two together I could make twenty.

I wish Mister Sullivan well (like he gives a crap about me) but would like to state that I only watch the MATH re-runs because Sally Thomsett (Jo, the blonde one) gives me the raging horn.

Thank you for letting me drive by.

Danni,

Wait, get joined. Apart from that suspect last par you sound like a deathlister in the making. People will take the piss a bit but that's OK. There's all sorts here. Know anything about Mollie Sugden?

Well, after a sincere invite like that, I thought to myself, why not?

So here I am, all joined up & my first mission as Death Lister will be to write to Brinsworth House and see if I can get Dickie O's autograph.

I'll let you know how I get on.

P.s. Why was my last paragraph suspect? She does give me the horn!

First stirrings of "hmm, he's nice" were probably Mike Holoway of Flintlock/Tomorrow People fame or Bobby Crush, who was really really cute when he was younger.

Any idea where they are today?

Probably healthier - mentally and physically - than Dickie O.

Ignore the above it didn't take much digging to find yer man Mike still on stage - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat around the provinces a couple of years back. Meanwhile Bobby Crush is coming up 52 and cruising his way to a steady income.

Hi, just read this whole thread in one sitting (yeah, I know, I really must get a job) & haven't laughed so much in ages.

I actually got here after looking Mister Sullivan up on Google & you'll be glad to know that you're still the first result. The reason I looked him up on Google was just to see what the old chap is doing now, as this is a morbid fascination of mine- seeing what old, forgotten celebrities are doing now & whether they're about to crawl out onto some reality celebrity format.

Anyway, found out more about what he's doing now on this thread than on the rest of the web- even his current address & the knowledge that his autograph goes for a tenner a time on e-bay, so by putting two and two together I could make twenty.

I wish Mister Sullivan well (like he gives a crap about me) but would like to state that I only watch the MATH re-runs because Sally Thomsett (Jo, the blonde one) gives me the raging horn.

Danni,

Wait, get joined. Apart from that suspect last par you sound like a deathlister in the making. People will take the piss a bit but that's OK. There's all sorts here. Know anything about Mollie Sugden?

So here I am, all joined up & my first mission as Death Lister will be to write to Brinsworth House and see if I can get Dickie O's autograph.

Maybe it was because I was remembering her like this:

http://www.moviemarket.co.uk/Photos/P20397...5X5002339496717

Danni,

Maybe it was because I was remembering her like this:

http://www.moviemarket.co.uk/Photos/P20397...5X5002339496717

Sally was 19 when she appeared in "The Railway Children"

The films director Lionel Jeffries recalled that it was hard to keep her in character as she was always going off in her Triumph sports car to the pub.

I saw Mr Holoway in a provincial production of 'Godspell' about fifteen years ago. He looked exactly like he did in his TP years, except taller.

Guest Toke Deltorso

Anything new on dickie. ;)