Cowboy Ronnie

African Leaders - Despots and Democratic

On 23/12/2019 at 14:59, drol said:

One of the last Ministers of Moi's first cabinet, Charles Rubia, is dead at 96. Moi had him jailed and tortured in the 80s. The survivors of Moi's first cabinet are:

*Moi

*Mwai Kibaki (1931), has been in frail health for years.

*Charles Njonjo (1920), still going strong, but incredibly old for a fat man.

*Henry Kosgey (1947), had troubles with justice for over a decade.

*James Charles Nakhwanga Osogo (1932)

*Daniel Musyoka Mutinda (1942)

James Charles Nakhwanga Osogo (Wikidead at 90

• Like 6

On 27/07/2023 at 20:10, drol said:

Namibian president Hage Geingob hospitalised .

Geingob says he is not ill as there has apparently been some rumors around. He has had two short hospitalisations recently including a heart procedure in SA.

We might as well start a poll on which leader is next to be couped.

• Haha 1

On 27/03/2021 at 21:44, drol said:

Article about gerontocracy in Cameroon. President Paul Biya is 88, President of the Senate Marcel Niat Njifenji is 87, Speaker of the National Assembly Cavaye Yegue Djibril is 81 and most notably Senator Victor Mukete is almost 103. He was last seen in Senate mid-March and looks 25 years younger (photo in the article above).

Paul Biya or whoever controls Biya reshuffles defence ministry in fear of coup. I was expecting they'd kick some of the ancients out, but apparently it's just the defence ministry central administration.

Recap: President Paul Biya is 90, President of the Senate Marcel Niat Njifenji is 89 next month, Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces René Claude Meka is 84 as is state oil company head Adolphe Moudiki, President of the National Assembly Cavaye Yegue Djibril is 83, Minister of Justice and Keeper of the Seals Laurent Esso is 81, Senate VP Geneviève Tjoues is 79 as is Jean Nkuete, the head of Cameroon's ruling party's central committee. In addition there are a few other octogenarian senators and ministers. Feinstein and McConnell would fit there quite well. 

Seems Ebenezer Moses Debrah who I've mentioned here once died in May at 94.

• Like 1

https://chimpreports.com/coup-unfolds-in-republic-of-congo-as-president-denis-sassou-nguesso-arrives-in-new-york/

Reports coming in of a coup against Nguesso in the Republic of Congo (the smaller one)

• Like 1

On 03/01/2023 at 00:00, arghton said:

Mauritania's former President Mohamed Khouna Ould Haidalla suffered a serious medical emergency around September.

Mauritania's former President/dictator (1980-1984) Mohamed Khouna Ould Haidalla was hospitalised again in February, then in June and has now been in a military hospital for around four months. This picture is from August when he was visited by the current president.

haidalla.png.df0e9e1990a84f2b3cc6f96dc7683bc6.png

Post says: During the past few months, former Mauritanian President Mohamed Khouna Ould Haidala has suffered several health problems, as a result of which he has been admitted to intensive care multiple times.

On 18/11/2022 at 15:07, arghton said:

Actually he was on my radar and I was suprised I hadn't mentioned him anywhere. He also had had some hospitalisations before, however as far as I know not even nearly as ill as for example John Tembo who is the same age and his successor (now dead) was seemingly a pool pick in a few places a few years ago. 

I have however mentioned the ultrafrail Ugandan oligarch Martin Aliker two times before, of course he's still somehow alive.

Anyways here's a list of Idi Amin's govt members I know are still alive:

Henry Kyemba (ca. 1937-1939) Health Minister 1974-1977, fled the country. Author of "A State of Blood".

Henry Kyemba dead at 84.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

Henri Lopes, former Prime Minister of the Republic of Congo, has died aged 86.

He had outlived 7 of his successors.

The number of former French speaking African leaders retiring and deceasing in France is important. 

On 01/09/2023 at 17:09, arghton said:

Paul Biya or whoever controls Biya reshuffles defence ministry in fear of coup. I was expecting they'd kick some of the ancients out, but apparently it's just the defence ministry central administration.

Recap: President Paul Biya is 90, President of the Senate Marcel Niat Njifenji is 89 next month, Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces René Claude Meka is 84 as is state oil company head Adolphe Moudiki, President of the National Assembly Cavaye Yegue Djibril is 83, Minister of Justice and Keeper of the Seals Laurent Esso is 81, Senate VP Geneviève Tjoues is 79 as is Jean Nkuete, the head of Cameroon's ruling party's central committee. In addition there are a few other octogenarian senators and ministers. Feinstein and McConnell would fit there quite well. 

Cavayé Yéguié Djibril, President of Cameroon's National Assembly, rumored to be in critical condition following a medical attack during an assembly session on Wednesday. Whatever the truth is, his health has been very bad for some time, frequent medical trips to France from atleast 2020 and they've failed to find a replacement. 

Niat Njifenji also had his millionth health-related visit to Europe (likely France as usual) last month but is back in action. He's been in failing health for atleast 5 years now and I recall he was in critical condition somewhere around four years ago atleast once.

The deaths of these two might finally end Biya's Cameroon.

5 hours ago, La Tombe said:

The number of former French speaking African leaders retiring and deceasing in France is important. 

How?

How?

I cannot know how exactly but I know there are many of them who died in France in the past. Check the Wikipedia pages of many African leaders who passed. Many from French speaking African countries died in France ! 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

I cannot know how exactly but I know there are many of them who died in France in the past. Check the Wikipedia pages of many African leaders who passed. Many from French speaking African countries died in France ! 

I’m still entirely unsure how that’s important. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

How?

Some of them come to France to undergo treatments and therapys.

But many come because they are ousted by a coup and take refuge in France.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

Some of them come to France to undergo treatments and therapys.

But many come because they are ousted by a coup and take refuge in France.

You, like the other fellow, don’t seem to understand the meaning of the word important. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arrowsmith said:

You, like the other fellow, don’t seem to understand the meaning of the word important. 

I meant that there are many of them, of these African leaders. 

• Like 1

Former dictator of Guinea Moussa Dadis Camara kidnapped from prison (or maybe not) and his whereabouts are currently unknown.

On 03/09/2022 at 13:06, arghton said:

Thabo Mbeki (1942) President of South Africa 1999-2008.

Emmerson Mnangagwa (1942) Incumbent President of Zimbabwe since 2017.

Jacob Zuma (1942) President of South Africa 2009-2018.

Rumours about the death of Thabo Mbeki are going around Twitter at the moment. 

Reports of his death/poor health being denied. 

GC66edEW0AAAaaK.jpg

On 15/10/2023 at 13:27, arghton said:

Mauritania's former President/dictator (1980-1984) Mohamed Khouna Ould Haidalla was hospitalised again in February, then in June and has now been in a military hospital for around four months. This picture is from August when he was visited by the current president.

haidalla.png.df0e9e1990a84f2b3cc6f96dc7683bc6.png

Post says: During the past few months, former Mauritanian President Mohamed Khouna Ould Haidala has suffered several health problems, as a result of which he has been admitted to intensive care multiple times.

Mauritania's former dictator Mohamed Khouna Ould Haidalla taken abroad for medical treatment this month. He has been circling the drain for a while now and this apparently came days after he was discharged from a local hospital.

• Like 1

Ali Hassan Mwinyi hospitalised , family asking for prayers.

• Like 5