Star Crossed

Should Notapotato Be Stripped Of His Moderatorship?

Should NAP be reduced to normal membership?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bugger, that was me, forgot to log on :( . I thought Dave ttG was signed on, it would have sounded better coming from him. 'I'm Banshees Scream and so is my husband' doesn't sound quite right.

Incidentally, I haven't voted because I think the poll is too silly for words, but I would have voted no.

I'm Spartacus.

More to the point, I'm not sure why everyone is I'm Banshees Scream-ing. But then again, I am easily confused :(

Hm... perhaps your modship should be reconsidered after all:

Sex Lives of the Potato Men

1:05am - 2:30am

Channel 4

This thoroughly British "smutfest" might be the direct descendant of those ghastly old Confessions films - only with far dirtier language than was allowed in the 1970s.

What have you been up to you naughty, naughty mod? :blink:

What have you been up to you naughty, naughty mod? :blink:

I would draw my Learned Colleague's attention to the first four letters of my name.

What have you been up to you naughty, naughty mod? :o

I would draw my Learned Colleague's attention to the first four letters of my name.

:blink: That's what you'd say if you were a potato.

Sex Lives of the Potato Men

So serious. - it's just gone to far. Potato men and their sex lives? O right and the ketchup is when they take a shower, and did you ever hear of a mashed potato? That's what happens when a potato is in a horrible accident. You know what, Notapotato is a moderator, and 97 % of members are happy with him. Now ask the sensible question, why was this thread even created? Why? Because Star Crossed didn't like the idea of being strolled in a babies carriage. But when you put so much quality in your posts, but just bullshit about the same old f****n thing, you need to be punished. Of course in his personal life i'm sure he has an interest in astrology and he wanted the Patrick Moore thread clean and simple. And I guess I can't put much of an argument up against that. But talking about potato's and their private lives, it seems to superficial to me. Next we'll be talking about umbrella's for potato's, and vacations for potato's, and i'm sure it gets worse. So I just hope for everybody's own good, that we close this thread and put it to sleep for a while.

I'm Spartacus.

Check out my avatar that's been there for the past year. I think I have the best claim thusfar when I say I'm Spartacus. :blink: Now if Kirk Douglas happens to stumble across these forums...

So I had this series of strange dreams last night, but my favourite was the one inspired by this thread - I met many members of DL, but they were all "X-men" type mutants with a variety of superpowers, with the forces of Star Crossed leading his team against NAP's. Since this topic is already far enough off topic (in an ironic tribute to SC I suppose), I think I'll post the details in the HDP Forum or something.

So I had this series of strange dreams last night,

Did you meet me?

Yes, you were on my side, which was also NAP's side, not surprisingly. You looked somewhat like your avatar, but you had wings and two double-bladed scythes that you spun around to shred things and a pitch-black cloak.

Stress does that to you.

If it weren't for seeing Johnny Vegas in situations you just don't want to think about I must admit I have seen this film (SLOTPM). It is funny purely because it is set in Birmingham thus it is that accent that makes me laugh. Even after completing a four year stretch in that town as soon as I hear Alrooight how yow doin' bab I start to titter.

I think a Brummie accent must be the complete antithesis of the dreamboat Irish accent. But laughing is good for the soul.

I found myself a nifty translator...

http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/main.asp

Star Crossed [...] has an interest in astrology and he wanted the Patrick Moore thread clean and simple.

I need to point out, Banshee, that there is a whole world of difference between astrology and ASTRONOMY.

Unfortunately, there are probably more people in the world that have faith in and believe the bullshit behind astrology than understand the science behind astronomy.

Let me confirm this by looking it up in my woman's magazine astronomy section. Oh, wait... There isn't one. :blink:

Star Crossed [...] has an interest in astrology and he wanted the Patrick Moore thread clean and simple.

I need to point out, Banshee, that there is a whole world of difference between astrology and ASTRONOMY.

Unfortunately, there are probably more people in the world that have faith in and believe the bullshit behind astrology than understand the science behind astronomy.

Let me confirm this by looking it up in my woman's magazine astronomy section. Oh, wait... There isn't one. :blink:

No; but, there is an Astronomy Magazine and there is a Women's Wear Daily Magazine....perhaps if you tore them both up and then merged the pages that would suffice...

I don't believe in astrology either. I admit every now and then I take a check at the daily update only because it's something to read, but to take it seriously... come to think of it I doubt I ever took it seriously.

I went to the Emirates stadium earlier along with 60,000 others, and, at an appropriate moment, elected to urinate. The male urinals were, very slightly, how can I say, 'hippo house'. As I tapped my draining member, reflectively, I gave thanks to the wretches who must clear our ill-aimed fluids at the end of the day.

Dear Readers, are our moderators not in the same boat? They tidy up our daily outpourings with good grace. Shouldn't we, from time to time, accept that, their exposure to our verbal whiffs and emissions entitles them to the occasional bout of officious censorship. Notapotato has on occasion commented on my deviation from the strict purpose of this site. Nevertheless, I admire the fellow's dedication to a thankless task. Keep it up NAP. God bless you.

It's a shame that everyone missed this gem for the the last Monkeys nominations. For literary style in a post I think Pooka's opening paragraph takes a lot of beating. Sorry for raising this in a lifeless thread but reading the weather thread and SC's long running debate with himself in the Patrick Moore thread just now, I felt overcome with nostalgia for old Walter. Has he been banned? Is he behind Scott and Dave perchance? For two months now I have no idea what has happened to Patrick Moore.

If you're out there Walter, harvesting the "first earlies" in your allotment (nice with butter) or stamping on your runner beans (for obvious reasons), just give us a sign. No not that one.

On the other hand, looking at the general sentiments in this thread, perhaps now it is time it was locked, not that I'm a big advocate of locking threads or really care one way or the other, or that much about the thread either since it was really very silly (even though I enjoy a little bit of silliness now and again). Then again, you never know, someone might have something more to say but that would probably be Banshees which would be unhelpful. I mean the topic is exhausted is it not? Walter had his rant and it all fell on stony ground. It should be put to bed given the current peaceful climate within the DL . Maybe. But who is going to look after Patrick Moore? He might die.

I have to agree with Godot, twas a brilliant post.

I cannot agree with locking the thread though, that is just a step too far in the wrong direction.

We dont want to go all Robert Mugabe now, do we!

Poor threads tend to die out of their own accord, besides BS is quite used to being ignored, even he couldnt keep a dead thread going forever.

Had this thread been locked, would that little gem have been rediscovered?

I cant say that I remember this thread at all, glad I cant, its shite.

SC really did work out how to kick himself in the knackers.

even he couldnt keep a dead thread going forever.

FFS, you've just given him an idea!

It's a modern day in time on this database and these days I never hesitate to tell anybody "how the deal goes down". If you can't comprehend what I'm saying just understand I basically tell all of you the way it is. First of all, I have no idea what Godot was expecting when he revived this thread ... maybe he can explain to me what the reason behind his motive is.

If I remember correctly the heated conflict beteween Star Crossed and Notapotato was built up from Notapotato "being unable to stand Star Crossed" which I think eventually the conflict resolved itself, but the foundation of the feud isn't coming back to me (and I'm not reading this whole thread right now) so I'll just leave it at a confrontation that is now history.

Overall, I felt Star Crossed never really found himself as a contributer on this database. At some extent if it weren't for me, Star Crossed would have possibly been labled the forums "heel" but I spared him from that luxury. I'm sure he still scrolls through this forum but just keeps his presence on the down-low. I think it's possible he is posting under a different identity but "if he is", he is probably doing it right. Either way Star Crossed was alright with me.

Me too, but two people voted 'yes.'

SC and..........?

In a nutshell, what is the argument for strippping him of his moderatorship?

I've never had anything but pleasant dealings with NAP, but someone obviously has a probl;em with him.

I cannot agree with locking the thread though, that is just a step too far in the wrong direction.

We dont want to go all Robert Mugabe now, do we!

Judging by how NAP has 152 votes in his favour, but only 60 votes have been cast, I'd say that's very Mugabe-esque type results! :rip::)

Me too, but two people voted 'yes.'

SC and..........?

Patrick Moore

In a nutshell, what is the argument for strippping him of his moderatorship?

I've never had anything but pleasant dealings with NAP, but someone obviously has a probl;em with him.

I think it involved the constant hijacking of SC's posts. Notapotato and Star Crossed are very different if you analyzed both of their styles. Star Crossed (the eccentric side) will manipulize or exaggerate or (analyze a certain situation in massive detail) which usually dragged the topic far off course. The fact which makes one wonder is (in doing so) his posts were always very quality. He has been ridiculed by (Canadian Paul for example) for (being hypocritical of his stance on posting etiquette) which everybody has a different opinion. It really doesn't matter to me.

Nap is more of a "two lines that say more then that" kind of poster. Quality itself isn't about the structure it's about what the structure represents. Notapotato (being the chief mod) liked to distort what he disagreed with at one point and Star Crossed wouldn't lay down to the not-a-potato hijacking. Anyway, the forum just gets more liberal as time goes on so that kind of hijacking isn't common anymore.