Star Crossed

Should Notapotato Be Stripped Of His Moderatorship?

Should NAP be reduced to normal membership?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why, thank you Godot. I do my best, in a modest way, to maintain a good style with the mother of languages. However, I am a novice compared to Banshee's Scream. He seems to have mastered the tongue in a way that many could only dream of.

Well, I drop curtains when people take a stage they cannot master, Pooka. I drop curtains when they feel inclined to evaluate another being who is clearly superior to them. Twelvetrees can talk about falling below standards all he wants but his grammatical capabilities won't throw him the water float in my ocean of standards.

I try not to categorize actual people but my best guess is that he is a member of the Anti-Scream campaign. Apparently my biggest fan from that organization is Fellatio Nelson and my latest prediction is "his character" will lose it's purpose because eventually he will be raving his fists and roaring his little chants all alone. He'll register under a new name and learn how to use the (insert link) button. If you get my tone.

Anyway, it's good to see you back Pooka! Post once or twice a week! You know, Godot can't do it all alone.

That's very civil of you BS. As you can see it took me a couple of attempts to get the hang of posting again. But I'm back in the saddle now. An unfortunate misunderstanding had recently led to a temporary loss of liberty. All sorted now. I aim to keep to a minimum of two posts a week.

I went to the Emirates stadium earlier along with 60,000 others, and, at an appropriate moment, elected to urinate. The male urinals were, very slightly, how can I say, 'hippo house'. As I tapped my draining member, reflectively, I gave thanks to the wretches who must clear our ill-aimed fluids at the end of the day.

Dear Readers, are our moderators not in the same boat? They tidy up our daily outpourings with good grace. Shouldn't we, from time to time, accept that, their exposure to our verbal whiffs and emissions entitles them to the occasional bout of officious censorship. Notapotato has on occasion commented on my deviation from the strict purpose of this site. Nevertheless, I admire the fellow's dedication to a thankless task. Keep it up NAP. God bless you.

It's a shame that everyone missed this gem for the the last Monkeys nominations. For literary style in a post I think Pooka's opening paragraph takes a lot of beating. Sorry for raising this in a lifeless thread but reading the weather thread and SC's long running debate with himself in the Patrick Moore thread just now, I felt overcome with nostalgia for old Walter. Has he been banned? Is he behind Scott and Dave perchance? For two months now I have no idea what has happened to Patrick Moore.

If you're out there Walter, harvesting the "first earlies" in your allotment (nice with butter) or stamping on your runner beans (for obvious reasons), just give us a sign. No not that one.

Why, thank you Godot. I do my best, in a modest way, to maintain a good style with the mother of languages. However, I am a novice compared to Banshee's Scream. He seems to have mastered the tongue in a way that many could only dream of.

Pookie!!!!

Welcome back.

Now, be sure, to be sure, to attend this years DL convention.

Do not, as last year, slink in, pick a table and observe........ :birthday2:

I may be up for it. The fantasy of what lies behind your avatars may be preferable to the reality but lets see if I can confront it. I will make every effort to attend.

On 09/02/2007 at 23:04, Star Crossed said:

That's because you're both a newbie and an incessant f*****g whore; one of NAP's star children. It's thank to people like you, Real Madron, that most of the decent posters left this site to be run over by ignorant f*****g halfwits. Like you!

13 years later and you could post this verbatim at some of the pond life round here. 

Personally I think all moderators do a great job and we should all support and thank them for their hard work and dedication ! 

23 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Personally I think all moderators do a great job and we should all support and thank them for their hard work and dedication ! 

I’m gonna stand outside my door at 8 o’clock and clap for Paul, DDT, DI and Bou. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’m gonna stand outside my door at 8 o’clock and clap for Paul, DDT, DI and Bou. 

I will , virtually ! Seriously though the internet has kept me going through these dark times.Without forums like this I don't know what I would have done so I do thank everyone who runs deathlist for keeping it going all these years.It is a great achievment ! 

• Like 1

Give them the clap that they so richly deserve?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

Give them the clap

I’m not willing to do that.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I will , virtually ! Seriously though the internet has kept me going through these dark times.Without forums like this I don't know what I would have done so I do thank everyone who runs deathlist for keeping it going all these years.It is a great achievment ! 

How can you say that when you’ve threatened to leave and kill yourself a handful of times over this forum this year?

56 minutes ago, Toast said:

Give them the clap that they so richly deserve?

Erm....... Thanks? 

• Like 1

What kind of mongoloid remembers a 13-year-old post on an Internet forum?

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Banana said:

What kind of mongoloid remembers a 13-year-old post on an Internet forum?

Mongoloid is one of my favourite words.

I'm surprised 259 people voted. I'm surprised NAP/Tuber was returned to power with a massive majority (vote rigging?). I'm surprised I bothered to vote just then, and even more so that I backed such a slacker to keep his 'job'. I'm surprised at his role in the incident with Anubis's ********.

To the uninitiated, Star Crossed/Matthew Hopkins was a proto-Deathray in public, but a cute, fluffy and personable bunny-wunny in deadchat. In the golden years, of course. That beautiful, heady, intoxicating, golden age - we'll not see its like again, o my children...

Edit: what a wasted vote. I should have looked before I leapt; he's retired/fired anyway.

Edited by harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy
Stupidity/Alzheimers

On 11/02/2007 at 23:23, The Pooka said:

I went to the Emirates stadium earlier along with 60,000 others, and, at an appropriate moment, elected to urinate. The male urinals were, very slightly, how can I say, 'hippo house'. As I tapped my draining member, reflectively, I gave thanks to the wretches who must clear our ill-aimed fluids at the end of the day.

Dear Readers, are our moderators not in the same boat? They tidy up our daily outpourings with good grace. Shouldn't we, from time to time, accept that, their exposure to our verbal whiffs and emissions entitles them to the occasional bout of officious censorship. Notapotato has on occasion commented on my deviation from the strict purpose of this site. Nevertheless, I admire the fellow's dedication to a thankless task. Keep it up NAP. God bless you.

This.

That is all.