Star Crossed

Should Notapotato Be Stripped Of His Moderatorship?

Should NAP be reduced to normal membership?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so that kind of hijacking isn't common anymore.

Oh yeah?

Never has a more compelling argument been proposed in support of Notapotato than this by the Ross Sisters.

In a nutshell, what is the argument for strippping him of his moderatorship?

I've never had anything but pleasant dealings with NAP, but someone obviously has a probl;em with him.

I think it involved the constant hijacking of SC's posts. Notapotato and Star Crossed are very different if you analyzed both of their styles. Star Crossed (the eccentric side) will manipulize or exaggerate or (analyze a certain situation in massive detail) which usually dragged the topic far off course. The fact which makes one wonder is (in doing so) his posts were always very quality. He has been ridiculed by (Canadian Paul for example) for (being hypocritical of his stance on posting etiquette) which everybody has a different opinion. It really doesn't matter to me.

Nap is more of a "two lines that say more then that" kind of poster. Quality itself isn't about the structure it's about what the structure represents. Notapotato (being the chief mod) liked to distort what he disagreed with at one point and Star Crossed wouldn't lay down to the not-a-potato hijacking. Anyway, the forum just gets more liberal as time goes on so that kind of hijacking isn't common anymore.

I have been here for a while now, and tended not to make comment until comment was due. On this issue, however, as well as many other issues on which you have felt qualified to comment in recent times, I feel unable to remain silent.

Banshees, you are a gibbering idiot. You impress no-one except yourself - if that.

You are the living evidence that those who have nothing to say will say it loudest. I'd challenge you to a battle of wits, but would feel no satisafaction in defeating an unarmed opponent.

I trust that you realize that any reply you might seek to make will work against you.

Go silently, and with whatever shreds of dignity you can muster, go now.

I can't believe this thread is reactive......NAP does a fine job as I see it.

On this issue, however, as well as many other issues on which you have felt qualified to comment in recent times

Qualified? Do you know the definition of the word?

The standard definition: meeting the proper standards and requirements for a position or task.

Now let's seperate the facts from your ignorance.

As for qualification, that is something I straight-own. I'm startled because I'm trying to figure out (who you think you are) to even feel as if you have the capacity to call me out on such an issue? I can never be 100% sure of anything, but I have a theory you might have misinterpreted something I've said. If that isn't the case, you seriously need a little reality check son. Because I'll teach you straight how to act.

Somebody posted a link the other day (in the ideas and possibilities thread) about a Vietnamise general who still thought Vietnam was going on thirty years later. I'm trying to convince myself both of you aren't on the same level of awareness but somehow I hear another drum beating.

You call me out and mention words such as dignity? I appologize for taking you as an intelligent man. You've made this about me and you've made it about you. I'm going to be a gentleman and say "if you have any dignity" you will just pretend none of this ever even happened.

Save yourself the embarassment.

I always thought NAP was a girl. Why did I think that?

It's a common mistake hereabouts, some thought me female for a while. My husband reckoned that a real laugh.

I always thought SC was a girl. That's why I got confused about SC being called a w*nker. A frigg*r I could understand.

Anyway it's NO from me.

This is a poll from early 2007. Mighty empires have risen and fallen since then. It's like being asked to vote on the abrogation of the Corn Laws.

I voted nay, forsooth.

I always thought NAP was a girl.

Oh, no. But he may be coming to this year's DL-Con as a laydee.

imalady-721333.jpg

I believe it's compulsory.

Ah, this post reminds me of the good old days. :(

Ah yes! The good old days indeed. Ever find out why you and Nap got all the glory and the rest of us were loved tolerated?

In a nutshell, what is the argument for strippping him of his moderatorship?

I've never had anything but pleasant dealings with NAP, but someone obviously has a probl;em with him.

I think it involved the constant hijacking of SC's posts. Notapotato and Star Crossed are very different if you analyzed both of their styles. Star Crossed (the eccentric side) will manipulize or exaggerate or (analyze a certain situation in massive detail) which usually dragged the topic far off course. The fact which makes one wonder is (in doing so) his posts were always very quality. He has been ridiculed by (Canadian Paul for example) for (being hypocritical of his stance on posting etiquette) which everybody has a different opinion. It really doesn't matter to me.

Nap is more of a "two lines that say more then that" kind of poster. Quality itself isn't about the structure it's about what the structure represents. Notapotato (being the chief mod) liked to distort what he disagreed with at one point and Star Crossed wouldn't lay down to the not-a-potato hijacking. Anyway, the forum just gets more liberal as time goes on so that kind of hijacking isn't common anymore.

So in escence it's a clash of styles and personalities?

Nothing more nothing less?

flogger350x450.jpg

No one could say it better. Can we drop this now?

flogger350x450.jpg

You're quite right.

sidney-nolan-the-slip-horse-falling-off-a-cliff.jpg

flogger350x450.jpg

You're quite right.

sidney-nolan-the-slip-horse-falling-off-a-cliff.jpg

gluxo2.jpg

On this issue, however, as well as many other issues on which you have felt qualified to comment in recent times

The standard definition: meeting the proper standards and requirements for a position or task.

As for qualification, that is something I straight-own. I'm startled because I'm trying to figure out (who you think you are) to even feel as if you have the capacity to call me out on such an issue? I can never be 100% sure of anything, but I have a theory you might have misinterpreted something I've said. If that isn't the case, you seriously need a little reality check son. Because I'll teach you straight how to act.

Somebody posted a link the other day (in the ideas and possibilities thread) about a Vietnamise general who still thought Vietnam was going on thirty years later. I'm trying to convince myself both of you aren't on the same level of awareness but somehow I hear another drum beating.

You call me out and mention words such as dignity? I appologize for taking you as an intelligent man. You've made this about me and you've made it about you. I'm going to be a gentleman and say "if you have any dignity" you will just pretend none of this ever even happened.

Well I don't think anyone can deny that Twelvetrees hasn't been well and truly put in his place by that well-worded little riposte from Banshees Scream.

NAP, you're appearance has just dragged the whole thing back on topic....it'll go on for at least another week now!!

Well I don't think anyone can deny that Twelvetrees hasn't been well and truly put in his place by that well-worded little riposte from Banshees Scream.

Welcome back, NAP. I had hoped for something other than the usual syntactically-challenged BS, and I wish I could say I was disappointed. My expectations were low, but he managed to limbo-dance beneath them as usual.

I went to the Emirates stadium earlier along with 60,000 others, and, at an appropriate moment, elected to urinate. The male urinals were, very slightly, how can I say, 'hippo house'. As I tapped my draining member, reflectively, I gave thanks to the wretches who must clear our ill-aimed fluids at the end of the day.

Dear Readers, are our moderators not in the same boat? They tidy up our daily outpourings with good grace. Shouldn't we, from time to time, accept that, their exposure to our verbal whiffs and emissions entitles them to the occasional bout of officious censorship. Notapotato has on occasion commented on my deviation from the strict purpose of this site. Nevertheless, I admire the fellow's dedication to a thankless task. Keep it up NAP. God bless you.

It's a shame that everyone missed this gem for the the last Monkeys nominations. For literary style in a post I think Pooka's opening paragraph takes a lot of beating. Sorry for raising this in a lifeless thread but reading the weather thread and SC's long running debate with himself in the Patrick Moore thread just now, I felt overcome with nostalgia for old Walter. Has he been banned? Is he behind Scott and Dave perchance? For two months now I have no idea what has happened to Patrick Moore.

If you're out there Walter, harvesting the "first earlies" in your allotment (nice with butter) or stamping on your runner beans (for obvious reasons), just give us a sign. No not that one.

Why, thank you Godot. I do my best, in a modest way, to maintain a good style with the mother of languages. However, I am a novice compared to Banshee's Scream. He seems to have mastered the tongue in a way that many could only dream of.

....it is true.Those last three or four posts are an example of Deathlist eloquence at its very best.

Even if you don't happen to agree with them.

It is noteworthy that two more people have voted for NAP to be stripped in the last 48 hrs.

Yes, I know i am doing some serious deceased equine walloping.

Why, thank you Godot. I do my best, in a modest way, to maintain a good style with the mother of languages. However, I am a novice compared to Banshee's Scream. He seems to have mastered the tongue in a way that many could only dream of.

Well, I drop curtains when people take a stage they cannot master, Pooka. I drop curtains when they feel inclined to evaluate another being who is clearly superior to them. Twelvetrees can talk about falling below standards all he wants but his grammatical capabilities won't throw him the water float in my ocean of standards.

I try not to categorize actual people but my best guess is that he is a member of the Anti-Scream campaign. Apparently my biggest fan from that organization is Fellatio Nelson and my latest prediction is "his character" will lose it's purpose because eventually he will be raving his fists and roaring his little chants all alone. He'll register under a new name and learn how to use the (insert link) button. If you get my tone.

Anyway, it's good to see you back Pooka! Post once or twice a week! You know, Godot can't do it all alone.

However, I am a novice compared to Banshee's Scream. He seems to have mastered the tongue in a way that many could only dream of.

He certainly has. :birthday2:

I went to the Emirates stadium earlier along with 60,000 others, and, at an appropriate moment, elected to urinate. The male urinals were, very slightly, how can I say, 'hippo house'. As I tapped my draining member, reflectively, I gave thanks to the wretches who must clear our ill-aimed fluids at the end of the day.

Dear Readers, are our moderators not in the same boat? They tidy up our daily outpourings with good grace. Shouldn't we, from time to time, accept that, their exposure to our verbal whiffs and emissions entitles them to the occasional bout of officious censorship. Notapotato has on occasion commented on my deviation from the strict purpose of this site. Nevertheless, I admire the fellow's dedication to a thankless task. Keep it up NAP. God bless you.

It's a shame that everyone missed this gem for the the last Monkeys nominations. For literary style in a post I think Pooka's opening paragraph takes a lot of beating. Sorry for raising this in a lifeless thread but reading the weather thread and SC's long running debate with himself in the Patrick Moore thread just now, I felt overcome with nostalgia for old Walter. Has he been banned? Is he behind Scott and Dave perchance? For two months now I have no idea what has happened to Patrick Moore.

If you're out there Walter, harvesting the "first earlies" in your allotment (nice with butter) or stamping on your runner beans (for obvious reasons), just give us a sign. No not that one.

Pookie!!!!

Welcome back.

Now, be sure, to be sure, to attend this years DL convention.

Do not, as last year, slink in, pick a table and observe........ :birthday2: