If there's a God he's likely to spare Carter for a while and claim Ford and Bush Snr.

Just my opinion, like.

• Thanks 1

If you had to pick one U.S. president who's most likely to go next year, technically speaking Gerald Ford is your best bet. He's the oldest and is generally too frail to do any of the ceremonial things.

On the other hand, it appears that I'm not the only one who thinks he'll live longer than at least one other ex-president. Nothing to back this up, but I think it'll be Bush Sr. What is clear though is that we seem to have an odd consensus of "gut feeling" against Gerald Ford.

This is actually one time where I'd like to hear what Banshee's Scream has to say on ol' Gerry. :blink:

Bush Snr will outlive Ford.

Although it is approaching a year ago, Bush did manage to travel out to inspect the damage done by the tsunami. I would expect to do that one needs to have decent health.

This is actually one time where I'd like to hear what Banshee's Scream has to say on ol' Gerry.  :banghead:

The ages of the two men are a great gap and since it seems

Gerald Ford is being sheltered "Or appears rarely" he looks

like a good bet for 2006.

George Bush Snr went sky diving for his 80th birthday and just

recently after watching his disapointment with his wife watching

the Houston Astros loose the World Series I must say it doesn't

look like he will be joining the other 37 presidents in the big

White House in the sky. ;)

Overall I say Ford goes before Bush.

If you had to pick one U.S. president who's most likely to go next year, technically speaking Gerald Ford is your best bet.

True enough but if I had to pick it'd be Bush Jnr!

George Bush Snr went sky diving for his 80th birthday and just

recently after watching his disapointment with his wife watching

the Houston Astros loose the World Series I must say it doesn't

look like he will be joining the other 37 presidents in the big

White House in the sky. ;)

Overall I say Ford goes before Bush.

I think any Japanese DLers can help influence this outcome...

George the idiot father of the idiot son(s) really likes Japanese food as was so evident on his visit in 1992...

Poorly war monger

A nice delivery of sushi and japanese beef (French style?) should send the old codger over the line. Especially if we show him just as he does his next parachute jump, up chuck combined with air pressure should finish him off in a pop star style.

:banghead:

George the idiot father of the idiot son(s)

Decorated and distinguished pilot in WW2 and a fairly successful CIA career before he was president. He's done a lot others couldn't do. I think you're struggling to prove Bush's idiocy. Rather like others - Thatcher, Blair - there's no disputing his basic intelligence. Now when it comes to arguing if he was misguided or just plain wrong a few times................

George the idiot father of the idiot son(s)

Decorated and distinguished pilot in WW2 and a fairly successful CIA career before he was president. He's done a lot others couldn't do. I think you're struggling to prove Bush's idiocy. Rather like others - Thatcher, Blair - there's no disputing his basic intelligence. Now when it comes to arguing if he was misguided or just plain wrong a few times................

Are you referring to Bush Sr or Jr?

Because in the case of the latter there is evidence that he may be a few slices short of a loaf.

The quote was about snr, I wouldn't claim Dubaya as a major intellectual

Regarding George the second, he is a fine upstanding gentleman and a good President. As good as can be expected considering the collosal mess his predecessor Bill "suck my cigar" Clownton left him with. Sadly he will never match up to his daddy George the Great but he is head and shoulders above Gerry Ford who was also a decent man but could never really be considered President since he was not elected to the position. Remember? Agnew screwed around in taxes while Nixon was being drawn and quartered and then Ford stepped in to Agnews slot at which point Dickie stepped aside leaving us with Ford who gave us Nelson Rockefeller as a v.p. who as we know bought the farm in the middle of a New York City Street after Rocking his liitle feller into a young lady leaving his wife Happy anything but happy...maybe even a little Grumpy :referee:

Regarding George the second, he is a fine upstanding gentleman and a good President. As good as can be expected considering the collosal mess his predecessor Bill "suck my cigar" Clownton left him with. Sadly he will never match up to his daddy George the Great but he is head and shoulders above Gerry Ford who was also a decent man but could never really be considered President since he was not elected to the position. Remember? Agnew screwed around in taxes while Nixon was being drawn and quartered and then Ford stepped in to Agnews slot at which point Dickie stepped aside leaving us with Ford who gave us Nelson Rockefeller as a v.p. who as we know bought the farm in the middle of a New York City Street after Rocking his liitle feller into a young lady leaving his wife Happy anything but happy...maybe even a little Grumpy :referee:

I appreciate your concise history of American politics in the 1970s.

However it does not change the fact that Dubya is a dithering moron. :D

Mr. Bush is neither a moron nor dithering. He never Dithers.

Quite right Bruno.

Georgie Jnr. doesn't know the meaning of the word (or a lot of other words).

And therein lies the problem.

Quite right Bruno.

Georgie Jnr. doesn't know the meaning of the word (or a lot of other words).

And therein lies the problem.

Lies? Wouldn't that be the problem of George's predecessor Bill Clownton?

BB, I'll admit to a certain confusion with your posts on this thread. I thought you're irony amusing but the recent insistence on the greatness of Dubaya suggests you might - like - mean it!

Come clean here, are you amongst the few breathing still convinced he's doing a good job?

Breathing? Why should I do what the President clearly can't do?

I guess I still have fond recallings of his daddy who was married to his mother...or at least I think he was. In all fairness I must support President George in all his endeavors. :referee:

it is my citizenary job isn't it????

For the record I never voted for George the great, but I voted for George the second both times......(you always knew you would find the person who cast that one actual vote :D )

Guest Stumby

You might be interested to know I went to check out a truck for sale last night. The guy trying to con me into buying it is in the military and does something with the fancy funerals in Arlington cemeteray. He said his unit has been putting in overtime practicing their death march for the very possiblly near dead ex president Ford.

The guy was lying to me so much I wasn't even sure if he was telling the truth about Ford. I thought he was already dead, so I was doing some research and found this. If you've got money on his death you might just win it.

;)

You might be interested to know I went to check out a truck for sale last night. The guy trying to con me into buying it is in the military and does something with the fancy funerals in Arlington cemeteray. He said his unit has been putting in overtime practicing their death march for the very possiblly near dead ex president Ford.

The guy was lying to me so much I wasn't even sure if he was telling the truth about Ford. I thought he was already dead, so I was doing some research and found this. If you've got money on his death you might just win it.

:rolleyes:

I kind of doubt this latest tale. But I would advise DL to keep Mr. Ford on for 2006. We need at least one former U.S. president and I feel that Gerald Ford is our best bet.

I'm new to this site, but from what I've read regarding President Ford, he sounds like a good candidate for next year.

He's pretty frail as we all know, but if he will out-age Reagan and take the spot as the longest-lived former President in 2006. Think he'll make it?

Guest Guest
He's pretty frail as we all know, but if he will out-age Reagan and take the spot as the longest-lived former President in 2006. Think he'll make it?

I kind of hope the poor guy makes it. Seems he doesn't get much credit for anything else.

Seems he doesn't get much credit for anything else.

What else does he deserve credit for.....his golfing abilities?

I've got to give him props for one thing, and it's this:

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/presidents/gerald-ford/

First things first: Gerald Rudolph Ford was probably the greatest natural athlete who ever assumed the Presidency. Yes, he tripped on the Air Force One staircase in Salzburg, Austria. Everyone knows he tumbled down the stairs in full view of press and local dignitaries. What most people forget is that Ford managed to land on his feet and shake the hands of the reception committee without missing a beat. Try doing that when you're 64 years old.

I've got to give him props for one thing, and it's this:

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/presidents/gerald-ford/

First things first: Gerald Rudolph Ford was probably the greatest natural athlete who ever assumed the Presidency. Yes, he tripped on the Air Force One staircase in Salzburg, Austria. Everyone knows he tumbled down the stairs in full view of press and local dignitaries. What most people forget is that Ford managed to land on his feet and shake the hands of the reception committee without missing a beat. Try doing that when you're 64 years old.

Rotten is a great site isn't it.

CNN is reporting the following:

"Former President Gerald Ford, 93, admitted to hospital in Rancho Mirage, California, for tests, according to his chief of staff."

under their breaking news headlines.

Looks more serious on the main site then it does when I just type it out like that:

EDIT: There's a fuller story now and a less promising article.