Guest Guest
Ford isn;t going to die............you can tell by looking at him that he doesn'[t have it in him.

Interesting, I'm sure he and Mrs. Ford will probably have something to say later in the day regarding the death of Mrs. King.

Four U.S. Presidents are expected at today's funeral for Coretta Scott King- Guess who the only one not going is!

I heard the same report - phrased a little differently. George W. and 3 former US presidents will be attending (Clinton, Papa Bush, and Carter).

Tells me Ford is still reeling from his recent health problems. I've seen people hang on for longer with worse conditions, but Former Pres. Ford is on his way out.

Guest Jack
I heard the same report - phrased a little differently. George W. and 3 former US presidents will be attending (Clinton, Papa Bush, and Carter).

Tells me Ford is still reeling from his recent health problems. I've seen people hang on for longer with worse conditions, but Former Pres. Ford is on his way out.

The next time those four are together at a funeral, it will probably be Ford's!

Betty Ford and Barbara Bush weren't there either apparentely...

Betty I get, but why was Barbara absent? (At least according to CNN...)

Guest LilMimi

Ford's death will not surprise me. It sounds like the news could come at anytime.

Guest iain
Jimmy Carter appeared on Larry King Live again last night. King asked him how Ford was doing. Carter said he had talked to a Ford aide a little earlier in the day and that he(Ford) was 'doing as well as can be expected' and that he is at home. Carter seemed rather somber and became almost emotional talking about the friendship he and Ford have. Something just doesn't sound very optimistic.

that is very interesting..it seems we may be closer to the end of Gerald Fords long life than even I thought...

Gerald Ford has just died.

Heres the proof

(Link disabled - Boudicca)

It is nasty and made many screens on my computer start flashing like crazy!! It requires immediate deletion!!!

Edited by Boudicca

Just a further post I suppose in addition to 2007 I & P, that Mr. Ford no longer accepts any requests for letters, correspondance etc. It may already be somewhere on this thread, so apologies if so. The above is always a fair sign that the end is sooner, rather than later.

Just a further post I suppose in addition to 2007 I & P, that Mr. Ford no longer accepts any requests for letters, correspondance etc. It may already be somewhere on this thread, so apologies if so. The above is always a fair sign that the end is sooner, rather than later.

Hadn't heard that before.

Got a letter from Jimmy Carter recentely, but he spelled my name wrong, so I threw it away.

Got a letter from Jimmy Carter recently, but he spelled my name wrong, so I threw it away.

How difficult is it to spell Paul?! :party::(

It seems that newstories and commentaters are talking a lot more about Ford in terms of his career and legacy. The hospitalization stories always talk about his role in the Warren Commission which has often been overlooked in terms of his political career. I for one am begining to believe that Ford will pass on this year. And probably before November 11 which he survives that long will break Ronald Reagan's record for longevity. Ford will most likely die as the second longest lived president in U.S. history.

Something is clearly happening here.

Obituary Like Tribute - the last line is a interesting usage?

Sound like a tribute to the deceased, but seems published in advance, maybe by mistake? Or does she know something everyone else doesn't?

I saw that too... wasn't sure what to make of it... I had thought he might make it until 2007, but now it's looking less and less likely...

Gracie, my friend I am inclined to agree with you. Ford will likely die this year---------the next victim of Dick Cheney's gunfire, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Ariel Sharon is dead, near as makes no difference. If Ford survived to say late October before lapsing into a final coma, I wonder if his family would stall on turning off the life support until November 11th.

Ariel Sharon is dead, near as makes no difference. If Ford survived to say late October before lapsing into a final coma, I wonder if his family would stall on turning off the life support until November 11th.

I'm sure he's stipulated in his will that he wants to outlive Reagan. :D

Guest Guest

Maybe he'll do just that!

Maybe he'll do just that!

Hey, I'm all for it. He won't be on any Deathlists of mine until 2007. :(

I don't think he or his family would turn off the life support as his party of choice has firmly come out that they're not going to let anyone choose to die.

We weren't particularly being serious about it...

I had a strange dream about Gerald Ford last night, and I'm not certain what it means. Basically what happened was that I met Gerald Ford, but I could never quite see his face. He wanted me to take him and meet all the DLers, but when I introduced him to you all, no one seemed to know who he was.

He didn't die either. I wonder what that means?

Guest Guest
He didn't die either. I wonder what that means?

Wonder no more! according to Dreemoods a faceless person indicates you wish to understand them on a deeper level and being an unknown person indicates evil or bad luck. Seems nearly relvent, which is more than I can say about any of my dreams I've tried on it.