Or someone assassinates GW Bush.

We can but hope.

I fear hope is all we have. Though a BA pilot had a good go at getting rid of Blair this morning. :)

Thank you, Mr President, for this late xmas present. 13, not a bad year at all.

regards,

Hein

While the admin are in their slumber, let's come up with some headlines...

Ford Slips's Away...

Ford Parks in the Coffin...

Ford Slips's Away...

End of production for Ford Model G

Ford Slips's Away...

'Dead Prez'

Ford Slips's Away...

'Dead Prez'

...could still do better job than W.

Goodbye Leslie King.....you shalll be missed. I always admired from afar the way you kept your dignity and grace even though you were never elected leader of this Nation. How even as you stumbled off of airplanes with a head misshapen by one too many hours of wearing a football helmet; you could yet still yet still yet still yet make us smile with your neato nifty slogans.

I remember vaguely well how I wished I too could have and receive cold comfort from a W.I.N. button.....yes, your idea of Whip Inflation Now was indeed ahead of its time and who can forget how you were able to bring the world the joy of waffles as it was either you who kept saying the word or maybe it was the newspress persons who accused you of waffling.

I recall happily that joyous occassion in 1976 on the observance day of Columbus Day when you spoke in front of a group of us not far from the Capitol. You wore a brown tie and a brown suit and it struck me as inappropriate for the occasion but yet there you were beaming and radiant as you gave your immortal words and then we all joined hands and sang Kumbaya.....no, wait, it was Yellowbird......

Rest in peace Mr.President, you served well to a Nation which was troubled by inflation and the aftermath of a devastating military action in VietNam and the twists of Watergate and you truly did it with humor, grace and dignity. You sill be missed.

Ford Slips's Away...

'Dead Prez'

...could still do better job than W.

Ford Brakes Down ?

And lookie here.......Ford died precisely 34 years to the day after former President Harry S Truman.....coincidence?

Ford Slips's Away...

Ford gone conclusion

Wear any colour you like as long as it's black

Ex prez in box, best boxing day pressie

Guest Guest

He was elected. Maybe not as president but as vice-president. He was voted in and yes the vice-president on the ballot does matter to most people. Its a package deal.

[Allcaps removed -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Ford Slips's Away...

Ford gone conclusion

Wear any colour you like as long as it's black

Ex prez in box, best boxing day pressie

Ford engine seizes up

He was elected. Maybe not as president but as vice-president. He was voted in and yes the vice-president on the ballot does matter to most people. Its a package deal.

No, president Ford wasn't elected in office. He was appointed vice-president after Spiro Agnew resigned and became president after Nixon did the same.

regards,

Hein

Ford Slips's Away...

End of production for Ford Model G

My favourite. :):unsure:

No, president Ford wasn't elected in office. He was appointed vice-president after Spiro Agnew resigned and became president after Nixon did the same.

regards,

Hein

Does that mean that Spiro would have been president if he hadn't resigned? Why did he resign, was it because he knew what Nixon was up to but didn't stop him or because he didn't know and should have realised what was going on? :)

Congratulations to DL!

Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn for me.

Sympathies for the Ford family. Gerald Ford did a lot for the US and he was, as had been pointed out earlier, a genuinely decent man and what the US needed at the time.

And Xenon - Roe v Wade was a Supreme Court decision, not a presidential decision. Get it right.

No he was not. Check your history Sherlock. In 1972 Richard M. Nixon was re-elected President and his running mate was Spiro T. Agnew. Agnew ran into some problems related to taxes and had to resign. Nixon then chose Gerald Ford to replace Agnew in the Vice-Presidential slot. Ford had been elected by local constituents as a Congressman, not as a V.P. and definitely not by the entire nation. His approval as V.P. was made after hearings were conducted and he was approved....not elected....by his fellow politicians.

The only time in which Gerald Ford appeared on a Presidental/Vice Presidential ballot was in 1976 when he was in the slot for President. If memory serves, Robert Dole was his running mate and it was Dole who was in the spot for V.P. so Gerald Ford never was elected by the Nation, either as President or Vice President.

Here's a bit of history. When Ford moved into office he wanted ex-Pres Harry Truman's picture in the capitol building. Truman died on Dec 26, 1972. And now Ford dies Dec 26, 2006.

UPDATE:Upon analysis of the 3-4 pages posted since the announcement of his death, and sifting through the useless guest comments, I discovered that Bruno already brought this to our attention.

So say Bye-Bye to dear old Gerry,

He was Pres, when it was hairy,

You'll never see the likes of him-a-gan

When they bury him deep, in darkest Michigan.

Rest in Peace.

Poetry Man, circa 2006 in the style of nobody.

No he was not. Check your history Sherlock. In 1972 Richard M. Nixon was re-elected President and his running mate was Spiro T. Agnew. Agnew ran into some problems related to taxes and had to resign. Nixon then chose Gerald Ford to replace Agnew in the Vice-Presidential slot. Ford had been elected by local constituents as a Congressman, not as a V.P. and definitely not by the entire nation. His approval as V.P. was made after hearings were conducted and he was approved....not elected....by his fellow politicians.

The only time in which Gerald Ford appeared on a Presidental/Vice Presidential ballot was in 1976 when he was in the slot for President. If memory serves, Robert Dole was his running mate and it was Dole who was in the spot for V.P. so Gerald Ford never was elected by the Nation, either as President or Vice President.

Thanks for this, it all makes sense now. I just couldn't work out where Spiro fitted into it all. So spiro resigned BEFORE Nixon. Did he ever hold any office again because I'm sure i read/heard about him doing something in the Carter years. Unless my timeline is very much twisted.

Guest Electro

Good Job DL!

Got a few slots to fill for next year!

RIP Mr Ford.

Yet another forgettable US president. Wish we could forget bush in a similar manner.

how is Jimmy Carter anyway? 83 next year...

Carter's two sisters, his brother, and his father died of pancreatic cancer. His mother had pancreatic, bone, and breast cancer when she died as well.

He has had trouble walking in the past as well as having hemorrhoids... could be considered soon?