Now that I've woken up a bit after several coffees, I've just noticed how silly it is. I was initially reading it as 100-1 meaning if the prediction was correct he'd get 10,000 where as it stands, £100 means he'd just win £1 and possibly stands to lose his initial stake of £100.

Well that's Iain for you. I wish I were his illegal death-predictor bookmaker. I could retire a hugely rich man considering his predictions, especially with 1-100 prices. :shoot:

Now that I've woken up a bit after several coffees, I've just noticed how silly it is. I was initially reading it as 100-1 meaning if the prediction was correct he'd get 10,000 where as it stands, £100 means he'd just win £1 and possibly stands to lose his initial stake of £100.

Well that's Iain for you. I wish I were his illegal death-predictor bookmaker. I could retire a hugely rich man considering his predictions, especially with 1-100 prices. :shoot:

I wonder what odds he got on Michael Foot dying before the year is out

I've just stayed up all night reading this thread for research. My synopsis is that most of the posts were Iain being totally obsessed with GF dying or people arguing so not really worth my time! :)

Btw what is the next number of posts I should be aiming for to get a new title?

I've just stayed up all night reading this thread for research. My synopsis is that most of the posts were Iain being totally obsessed with GF dying or people arguing so not really worth my time! :)

Rita,

The Michael Foot thread consists of about the same ratio of posts. Just to save you reading that one :)

regards,

Hein

This guy is going to live forever, despite his health gettign gradually worse.

Does anybody know how healthy Jimmy Carter and Geroge H.W. Bush are?

Jimmy Carter still seems quite healthy, although he did look very tired when he appeared with Larry King the other day.

George H.W. Bush also looked quite healthy in recent photos from last month

Jimmy Carter still seems quite healthy, although he did look very tired when he appeared with Larry King the other day.

George H.W. Bush also looked quite healthy in recent photos from last month

I should have figured they were doing all right. If nobody is talking about their health, they must be in good health.

Has anyone ever heard of the Curse of Tecumseh? Or the Zero Factor it's sometimes called? Every president elected in a year ending in zero has died in office, with the exception of Reagan, but people say when he was shot he died for a second and was brought back or whatever to defend the curse. George Bush was elected in 2000. Or was it Gore? Hmm, too bad both of them didn't die on the same day, that would sure give the curse some needed credibility.

Has anyone ever heard of the Curse of Tecumseh? Or the Zero Factor it's sometimes called? Every president elected in a year ending in zero has died in office, with the exception of Reagan, but people say when he was shot he died for a second and was brought back or whatever to defend the curse. George Bush was elected in 2000. Or was it Gore? Hmm, too bad both of them didn't die on the same day, that would sure give the curse some needed credibility.

The Curse of Tecumseh - or Tenskwatawa, depending on who you talk to - is an attempt to avoid the realization that chaos sometimes manifests as coincidence, as Snopes so brilliantly puts it.

There's also a snippet about the guy who assigns the who thing to the idea that when Jupiter and Saturn align in earth signs Presidents die, but when they align in an air sign (as they did with Reagan) the President doesn't die.

If anyone feels so inclined, here's a nice little writeup. I love Snopes. :lol:

Guest Guest

Before Ford's strokes in 2000 his only hospitalizations were prostate surgery in 1983 and knee surgery in 1990 to correct effects of an old football injury. Betty Ford's last hospitalization was heart bypass surgery in 1987. Overall a very healthy couple.

Guest Guest

Ford will be deathlist hit no 12 for 2006 :)

Ford will be deathlist hit no 12 for 2006 :)

Good to here it. My DDP could be done with another hit.

23rd place shared. I'm evens with the DL DDP entry. I'm so proud...

Ford is the only member of the Warren Commission whitewash still alive.

“IT (THE WARREN COMMISSION) WAS THE GREATEST HOAX THAT HAS EVER BEEN PERPETRATED.”

PRESIDENT RICHARD NIXON (as recorded on tape, speaking about the Warren Commission as the official JFK assassination government “investigation” to his chief of staff and special counsel in the oval office. May 15. 1972)

Hurry up and die already you unpatriotic traitor and hater of the truth. You are no friend of America, you are wolf in sheeps clothing and a coward.

Ford is the only member of the Warren Commission whitewash still alive.

“IT (THE WARREN COMMISSION) WAS THE GREATEST HOAX THAT HAS EVER BEEN PERPETRATED.”

PRESIDENT RICHARD NIXON (as recorded on tape, speaking about the Warren Commission as the official JFK assassination government “investigation” to his chief of staff and special counsel in the oval office. May 15. 1972)

Hurry up and die already you unpatriotic traitor and hater of the truth. You are no friend of America, you are wolf in sheeps clothing and a coward.

Are you for real or are you a pain in the ass sent to look like a moron?

PRESIDENT RICHARD NIXON

Because his words are gospel...

"IT (THE WARREN COMMISSION) WAS THE GREATEST HOAX THAT HAS EVER BEEN PERPETRATED."

PRESIDENT RICHARD NIXON

Yeah - the gospel according to "I am not a crook."

Sometimes it pays to take risks, if that risk can come of something better.

What?

Banshees, I get the feeling that even when you aren't specially trying to talk in riddles, your remarks have a certain unusual enigmatic quality.

PRESIDENT RICHARD NIXON

Never mind who said it, that doesn't detract from the fact that it was a true statement. Morons are Warren Commission defenders.

Guest Guest

This man could live to 100

Banshees, I get the feeling that even when you aren't specially trying to talk in riddles, your remarks have a certain unusual enigmatic quality.

In this post i'm going to break down what I said.

Sometimes it pays

Meaning it was worth your time.

to take risks

As in saying taking a chance.

if that risk can come of something better

So basically as an example, if it's worth your time and the risk is worth taking you will win. If it isn't, f**k it. Go to something else in your life that you enjoy.

Sometimes it pays

to take risks

So basically as an example, if it's worth your time and the risk is worth taking you will win. If it isn't, f**k it. Go to something else in your life that you enjoy.

So basically, conspiring to commit a felony as President of the United States is a risk that it is OK to take as long as you will win.

Sometimes it pays

to take risks

So basically, conspiring to commit a felony as President of the United States is a risk that it is OK to take as long as you will win.

Clinton was worse and I have a strong suspicion that Ford was amongst the worst ever. No doubt God is taking his time preparing him a special place and punishment in HELL. ;)