Well, it turns out that, by a slight majority, DL overall was wrong (10-13 in case anyone messes with the poll). If I had to psychoanalyze, I'd say that perhaps we're a tad too cynical when it comes to people's illnesses and frailty (di Stefano is the example that comes to mind). Hopefully the results of this poll will help a bit in choosing next year's candidates - but quite frankly I think I'll be putting ol' Gerry Ford on my list for the first time next year.

That is, while I'm still musing about whether or not to include Sadaam and Co. :banghead:

Anyhow, is there anyway to disable the poll to prevent it from being mucked around with, or should the thread just be locked?

Well, it turns out that, by a slight majority, DL overall was wrong (10-13 in case anyone messes with the poll).

Anyhow, is there anyway to disable the poll to prevent it from being mucked around with, or should the thread just be locked?

I have taken the liberty of removing the poll from this thread. I hope that's the sort of thing you wanted, Canadian Paul.

Well, it turns out that, by a slight majority, DL overall was wrong (10-13 in case anyone messes with the poll).

I have taken the liberty of removing the poll from this thread. I hope that's the sort of thing you wanted, Canadian Paul.

Damn, I didn't get the chance to vote

Eh, it's a mod decision now, I'm fine with whatever.

It can be merged with the Gerald Ford thread to make it look like I've started less threads if you'd really like. :lol:

It can be merged with the Gerald Ford thread to make it look like I've started less threads if you'd really like. :lol:

Threads merged - ff

blah

It can be merged with the Gerald Ford thread to make it look like I've started less threads if you'd really like. :party:

Fewer threads.

:rolleyes:

It can be merged with the Gerald Ford thread to make it look like I've started less threads if you'd really like. :party:
Fewer threads.

:rolleyes:

Notapotato, you forgot to make a spelling error in your language flame. This is a violation of Unwritten Rule 05.13a.

regards,

Hein

Now there's a concept to conjour with, a list of unwritten rules.

I'm guessing it might double as bingo card.

Now there's a concept to conjour with, a list of unwritten rules.

I'm guessing it might double as bingo card.

...or toilet paper.

Indeed CarolAnn but - of course - if it was a list of unwritten rules it would just be a sheet of numbers. The second you write them, they're no longer unwritten!

Ive been gone for awhile so I missed whatever this "poll" was about a week or so ago. Anyways it would be very foolish to not include Gerald Ford in any future year's poll. He is now the longest lived US president in history and the inevitable has to happen sooner or later. If anything I think he should be moved up in the ranks to number #14 for 2007, who knows there is even still a chance he will die before the end of this year. He has been hospitalized so much this year and all clues are that even Ford himself knows the end is near, from him considering selling his Colorado home, to him thanking God for every sunrise (implying every new day he is alive is like a miracle). I am just glad that he lived to break Reagan's record.

Guest Guest
Ive been gone for awhile so I missed whatever this "poll" was about a week or so ago. Anyways it would be very foolish to not include Gerald Ford in any future year's poll. He is now the longest lived US president in history and the inevitable has to happen sooner or later. If anything I think he should be moved up in the ranks to number #14 for 2007, who knows there is even still a chance he will die before the end of this year. He has been hospitalized so much this year and all clues are that even Ford himself knows the end is near, from him considering selling his Colorado home, to him thanking God for every sunrise (implying every new day he is alive is like a miracle). I am just glad that he lived to break Reagan's record.

If Gerald Ford is still living on New Years Day 2007, he should definitely be on the 2007 Deathlist. However, instead of #14, he should probably be in the top 5. Given his advancing age and numerous health problems and hospitalizations in the past year, he is a much stronger candidate for a DL success next year.

Agreed guest, the man's teased us long enough.

Guest Guest

If Gerald Ford is still living on New Years Day 2007, he should definitely be on the 2007 Deathlist. However, instead of #14, he should probably be in the top 5. Given his advancing age and numerous health problems and hospitalizations in the past year, he is a much stronger candidate for a DL success next year.

I see the point but I think it is important to keep in mind that to my knowledge Ford had no major health problems until his 2 small strokes in 2000 at the age of 87. That coupled with the fact that notwithstanding the jokes that he took about his falling, he was actually one of our most athletic presidents. That has to be a big plus in whatever health challenges he has faced just as Reagan's overall good physical health enabled him to survive 10 years after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Guest Guest

ive put a £100 bet on that he will die before christmas.Fingers crossed!

What odds did the bookie give you?

As has been pointed out in the past, it is illegal to place bets on the date of someone's demise in the UK, so I doubt it was a bookmaker who took the bet.

Why does the Gerald Ford thread attract the dullest guest posters?

As has been pointed out in the past, it is illegal to place bets on the date of someone's demise in the UK, so I doubt it was a bookmaker who took the bet.

Why does the Gerald Ford thread attract the dullest guest posters?

Anubis,

I know it's illegal to bet on someone's demise in the UK, that's why I had an air of dubiousness about the placing of the bet and even more so with the odds of 1-100.

Fair do's Phantom. A bit of sleuthing from you is never unwelcome!

I wish I had someone who would be willing to stump up 10,000 if I guessed correctly on someone's demise without any intervention. Closest I'm going to get at the moment is $35 if things stay the same

Anubis,

I know it's illegal to bet on someone's demise in the UK, that's why I had an air of dubiousness about the placing of the bet and even more so with the odds of 1-100.

Looking at the way it's written it's probably written by Iain Stan the Man Dick Long you know who...

and if so, they wouldn't be old enough to enter a bookies anyway. :shoot:

1-100 is a ridiclous price anyway, and if that was the correct price, it wouldn't be worth doing the bet. £100 on 100-1 however......

Anubis,

Looking at the way it's written it's probably written by Iain Stan the Man Dick Long you know who...

and if so, they wouldn't be old enough to enter a bookies anyway. :shoot:

1-100 is a ridiclous price anyway, and if that was the correct price, it wouldn't be worth doing the bet. £100 on 100-1 however......

Now that I've woken up a bit after several coffees, I've just noticed how silly it is. I was initially reading it as 100-1 meaning if the prediction was correct he'd get 10,000 where as it stands, £100 means he'd just win £1 and possibly stands to lose his initial stake of £100.

It would be better if he'd said "I'll bet you a tenner if Ford dies before Christmas" you'd lose less and have a chance of winning more if you were correct