Death Star

Mickey Rooney

Guest tk

he makes #2 on the list this year. it is all over the news now here in the states

Now can the moderators be arsed to come up with an obit (and suitable pun) for Sid Caesar?

Guest Derrick

Hey Guy.

You finally got it right after how many years. R.I.P.

Now can the moderators be arsed to come up with an obit (and suitable pun) for Sid Caesar?

Mods don't do the obits. That part is all down to the gaffer.

RIP Rooney. You've had a long and remarkable life. Cinema won't be the same without you, even if you were a bit arrogant/annoying sometimes.

I was only thinking about his film with Michael Caine, Pulp, the other day too...

:rip:

Mods don't do the obits. That part is all down to the gaffer.

Jiminy Jillickers!

Guest Guest

In many ways Mickey Rooney was the male equivalent of Zsa Zsa Gabor.Married 8 times, born into a showbiz family and an iconic figure in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if they both died around the same time

Not fully surprised by Joe's passing, but the strange thing is that a local 'All Movie' channel had chosen today to run several of his movies, 1 right after the other from about 8 in the morning on through to just past midnight. When I saw the listings a few days ago I wondered if maybe he had his birthday around now. Guess it was at the other end of the spectrum.

Sleep peacefully Mr.Rooney and thanks for the years of fabulous entertainment.

Not that anyone cares, but it means all those named checked in my favourite song, Celluloid Heroes are now dead.

• Like 2

Not that anyone cares, but it means all those named checked in my favourite song, Celluloid Heroes are now dead.

The Kinks. Great song. First heard it on Boxing Day 1998...

Listening to it now.
  • Like 1

Guest Guest

Mickey Rooneys will was published yesterday.Turns out he only had $$18,000 left and was claiming social security. http://www.theguardi...ily-out-of-will So much for nearly a century in showbiz !

Guest Larry

Holy Potatoskins who will play Robin now

Guest Morgan

"And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous" Act 24:15

No we had him on this years list meaning we where spot on-and if we where 10 years too late he would be on the 2024 which doesn`t exist yet!!! (dick)