harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Golf: The 19th Hole

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/golfing-great-calvin-peete-dead-at-age-71/nk5fr/

Calvin Peete , the black Tiger Woods of the 70's, dead at 1 under level 4's

Hate to see Detroiters leave us. RIP Calvin.

SC

Ach, dinnae worry. He'll be working his way back to you.

babe

• Like 1

Pete Brown, first African American PGA Tour winner, dies at 80. http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/brown-two-time-pga-tour-winner-dies-80/

"Brown's death is another loss of one of golf's African-American pioneers this year. Brown's friend and fellow trailblazer, Charlie Sifford, died in February at age 92, while 12-time Tour winner Calvin Peete died earlier this week at age 71."

Shit that's--along with Lee Elder (the late)--the entire African-American golfing roster until the late 80s when Vijay and Eldrick appeared.

All lost to is in a two month span. Wow.

SC

Vijay "African american"? Lol. Gtf.

More chance of him being Scots as he used to bounce the doors on the nightclubs in Lothian Road when I lived in Edinburgh.

He is from Fiji ya nugget.

• Like 1

Tru dat. He's a Fijian I believe. No American in him. I think you're quite facetious re: my point

SC

Tru dat. He's a Fijian I believe. No American in him. I think you're quite facetious re: my point

SC

Maybe you should devise a little flag to indicate when one of your posts is to be taken as ironic or humorous.

Just to help us out.

SC

No american? Or African.... Devalues point...

Jesus H.

I've just twigged. This whole 'right on equality' shit means that the hams now think of any non white from anywhere on the fuckin planet, as, "African american".

Fuck me. As a race, humanity is fucking doomed.

Jesus H.

I've just twigged. This whole 'right on equality' shit means that the hams now think of any non white from anywhere on the fuckin planet, as, "African american".

Sadly yes. "African-American" has for some time been the go-to PC euphemism for non-white people, at least among the sheeple. I've definitely heard black British people referred to in this way.

Speaking of which, why do we never hear of "English-Americans"? Every other nationality seems to be represented, they have Italian-American, Irish-American, you name it. Surely some English people emigrated to the USA at some time?

Jesus H.

Sadly yes. "African-American" has for some time been the go-to PC euphemism for non-white people, at least among the sheeple. I've definitely heard black British people referred to in this way.

Speaking of which, why do we never hear of "English-Americans"? Every other nationality seems to be represented, they have Italian-American, Irish-American, you name it. Surely some English people emigrated to the USA at some time?

Anglo-Americans? WASPs? *shrug*

Jesus H.

WASPs, that's White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, right? What's religion got to do with it?

And isn't that a bit, er, racist? I mean, if they avoid saying 'black' (ie "African-American") why is it OK to say 'white'?

Jesus H.

WASPs, that's White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, right? What's religion got to do with it?

And isn't that a bit, er, racist? I mean, if they avoid saying 'black' (ie "African-American") why is it OK to say 'white'?

That's why I shrugged, just guessing they use other euphemisms as opposed to English-American. I can only presume they add in Protestant to Anglo Saxon because of the whole Mayflower thing, but I'm really guessing again. No offence meant to anyone, this really needs one of our friends across the Atlantic (who really should be up at this hour) to help us out.

Not an Irish golfer, but the coach of female Irish golfers.

Tom Hanlon, co-head coach during the first five seasons of women's varsity golf at the University of Notre Dame and the last surviving member of the 1944 Irish NCAA championship men's golf squad, died Friday night at his home in South Bend, Indiana. He was 89.

SC

http://m.und.com/m/sports/w-golf/spec-rel/061515aaa.html

Edit: ahh shit I shoulda posted in Survivor thread cuz those are few and far between

SC

• Like 1