Bald rick

Room Lovely, Look You.

Last time I got a car to the MOT stage was the start of the advisories.

Half a dozen of them.

Year later , hadn't did any repairs, same boy did the Test..... Didn't fail on any of the six, and none were advisories that time....

Garages are 'at it'...

I notice this every time! I do trust my garage chap though. He's a really laid-back West Indian guy who only does what I ask him to and is never pushy. Someone else services my car and garage chap knows that he will fix most things. so there's no incentive to make up faults.

MOT garages will always add the odd advisory here and there.

The simple reason for that is that the DoT would frown upon a test centre where the bulk of MOT passes have no advisories.

In context, most cars cannot ALL be passing their MOTs without SOMETHING to note for the future.

MOT centres with a low to non existent advisories on passes or a higher than average rate of passes would expect a visit from the Ministry.

Its all about the stats.

• Like 1

Measuring the driveway are discovering its long enough and wide enough to accomodate a rather large vehicle.

Mind you, Im certain that Lardys minge could accommodate one too.:lol:

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Measuring the driveway are discovering its long enough and wide enough to accomodate a rather large vehicle.

Mind you, Im certain that Lardys minge could accommodate one too.:lol:

You're just jealous because you're hung like a vole :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lard Bazaar said:

You're just jealous because you're hung like a vole :D

........a very small vole. :D

• Like 2

I done top mumming today and got the kid two tickets for Harry Styles. She won't know till Christmas. She will piss her pants. I wonder who she will pick as her plus one? :wub:

• Like 3

Heavy traffic going home but the sun was out, it was warm, the window was down and I could hear the V8 burble.

On the CD player was some sort of 60s compilation and Buffalo Springfield was the top choone or summat.

It was all good.

53 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I done top mumming today and got the kid two tickets for Harry Styles. She won't know till Christmas. She will piss her pants. I wonder who she will pick as her plus one? :wub:

Probably not you but thats kids for you! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Probably not you but thats kids for you! :D

I might blackmail her! She's just jel that he prefers the more mature woman :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I might blackmail her! She's just jel that he prefers the more mature woman :D

Mature is good. :D

4 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Mature is good. :D

Yes. Yes I am. 

• Like 2

Went to the RSC on Tuesday night to see Anthony & Cleopatra with Josette Simon as Cleopatra. It was awesome. The run at Stratford ends in a couple of weeks but it will transfer to the Barbican. Josette Simon will be sixty next year but she looks amazing.

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Went to the RSC on Tuesday night to see Anthony & Cleopatra with Josette Simon as Cleopatra. It was awesome. The run at Stratford ends in a couple of weeks but it will transfer to the Barbican. Josette Simon will be sixty next year but she looks amazing.

Does she have a cute little asp? ^_^

• Haha 1

Guys. It finally fucking happened. Sort of completely not. But I'll fucking take it.

They are repeating Coronation Street on ITV3; not in order and not from the beginning but it's a step towards the goal - appears at moment to be selected "highlight" episodes. Hopefully the plan is to see how many people tune in for these to see if it's worth going from the beginning or releasing a DVD Box set. Please for crying out loud be the case. I'm going to take small credit for this in that my numerous emails nagging ITV for back episodes/DVD releases may have played a small part in this decision. Yes, I'm being self-indulgent. 

It feels bizarre not to be posting about this topic in the Room 101 thread for once. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deathray said:

Guys. It finally fucking happened. Sort of completely not. But I'll fucking take it.

They are repeating Coronation Street on ITV3; not in order and not from the beginning but it's a step towards the goal - appears at moment to be selected "highlight" episodes. Hopefully the plan is to see how many people tune in for these to see if it's worth going from the beginning or releasing a DVD Box set. Please for crying out loud be the case. I'm going to take small credit for this in that my numerous emails nagging ITV for back episodes/DVD releases may have played a small part in this decision. Yes, I'm being self-indulgent. 

It feels bizarre not to be posting about this topic in the Room 101 thread for once. 

Make sure you scour the credits for those actors who may still be alive.

On 19/09/2017 at 13:56, Bibliogryphon said:

Make sure you scour the credits for those actors who may still be alive.

I will of course, although many sadly won't be. 

The first episodes are 11th February 1980 and 27th April 1990 though; so there could be some good pickings for deadpooling in them.

EDIT: Update to this; they are now starting from 1986 and going in order.

• Like 3

meXFzV.gif

^^ saw this today. The wee splashes were two baby otters chasing one another, but totally leaping out the water like dolphins.

They were as close as about 30 yards, but by the time I'd dropped the oilies and shite I was carrying they moved off.

One of the coolest wildlife things I've seen at work.

• Like 3

On a similar note, I was once walking the dogs beside an all-weather racehorse gallop when there was a heavy passing shower.  I sat down in the lee of the bank waiting for the cloud to pass. 

Suddenly the surface of the gallop (made up of wood shavings and chippings)  started to move like a pan of boiling water. 

And then two baby moles burst out of it, play-fighting.  After exchanging a few punches, they disappeared again below ground.  Never seen anything like that before!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, charon said:

meXFzV.gif

^^ saw this today. The wee splashes were two baby otters chasing one another, but totally leaping out the water like dolphins.

They were as close as about 30 yards, but by the time I'd dropped the oilies and shite I was carrying they moved off.

One of the coolest wildlife things I've seen at work.

I once had a baby one come out of a hedge to see who was making such a racket.

It was no more than a foot away from me.

It then buggered off.

Thing is lfn , I grew up on West Coast.

Never saw one.

Spent a week on jura , the otter capital of Europe apparently.

Not a sniff.

Seen a few in my time further North, including a big bastard of a dog otter on a beach chomping a fish. I stopped the car because I thought it 'was' a dog.

A few times at work seeing a mum with pups playing on ropes in water but this was mental.

Clear out the water like dolphins. I've watched seals do it on occasions, but never knew otters could/did.

Video/gif shite, but I have the mind picture of closer.

Can't beat North of the Wall.......

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, charon said:

Thing is lfn , I grew up on West Coast.

Never saw one.

Spent a week on jura , the otter capital of Europe apparently.

Not a sniff.

Seen a few in my time further North, including a big bastard of a dog otter on a beach chomping a fish. I stopped the car because I thought it 'was' a dog.

A few times at work seeing a mum with pups playing on ropes in water but this was mental.

Clear out the water like dolphins. I've watched seals do it on occasions, but never knew otters could/did.

Video/gif shite, but I have the mind picture of closer.

Can't beat North of the Wall.......

No, North of the wall does have some outstanding beauty, no doubt about it.

• Like 2

I DO hope you enjoy our little NFL game we exported to you this morning.  I don't expect any converts, but inquisitive observation wouldn't hurt, kinda like when the bloody US of A hosted the World Cup.  I actually did convert and enjoy YOUR 'football' very much.

SC

• Like 1

I used to watch it when c4 covered it @ '84.

Then I moved to listening on AFR on 873 medium wave from Germany I think. Could only get it at night due to atmospheric conditions. (Preferred baseball coverage tbh, or college football)

They shut it down a few years ago.

Fuck all interest in it now, less so they are promoting it overseas , and this 'take the knee' shite probably finishes it for me.

Ideal sport for TV tho, up there with snooker.

• Haha 1

NFL is rubbish. It's ridiculously elongated for what could be a fast-paced game. The constant breaks make me lose interest.