Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

Reg Whitehead, who had roles in the Doctor Who stories The Tenth Planet, The Moonbase, The Tomb Of The Cybermen and The Abominable Snowmen, died 11th March aged 83. https://www.facebook.com/classicyears/photos/a.165920723508742.25267.164975760269905/734460783321397/?type=1&theater

Also had roles in The Saint, The Avengers and Z Cars.

Reg was a friend of mine. I have been to his memorial service and party today. He was an all-round top bloke.

He's in this little documentary.

did you ever ask him about working on doctor who.

Reg Whitehead, who had roles in the Doctor Who stories The Tenth Planet, The Moonbase, The Tomb Of The Cybermen and The Abominable Snowmen, died 11th March aged 83. https://www.facebook.com/classicyears/photos/a.165920723508742.25267.164975760269905/734460783321397/?type=1&theater

Also had roles in The Saint, The Avengers and Z Cars.

Reg was a friend of mine. I have been to his memorial service and party today. He was an all-round top bloke.

He's in this little documentary.

did you ever ask him about working on doctor who.

Not really, he gave up acting so long ago that it wasn't like a major part of his life, and he had done plenty of interesting things since. I think he did still go to various Doctor Who fan events and reunions though. A lot of people will have his autograph!

Toby Hadoke reports the death of Alan Tucker at 79 who played Latep in the Doctor Who story Planet Of The Daleks: https://twitter.com/TobyHadoke/status/718032660698779648

Also had roles in UFO and Softly Softly and the mid-1960s mini series The Wars Of The Roses as Prince Edward.

Toby often seems to be first with these things.

Do you think he secretly lurks here?

Toby Hadoke reports the death of Alan Tucker at 79 who played Latep in the Doctor Who story Planet Of The Daleks: https://twitter.com/TobyHadoke/status/718032660698779648

Also had roles in UFO and Softly Softly and the mid-1960s mini series The Wars Of The Roses as Prince Edward.

Not really imo. He's so well connected to the Who crowd by virtue of his interviews and press connections I think, he's likely to be notified fairly swiftly (although I think we reported Reg Whitehead's death before him - he was probably off on his travels/gigging).

• Like 1

Not really imo. He's so well connected to the Who crowd by virtue of his interviews and press connections I think, he's likely to be notified fairly swiftly (although I think we reported Reg Whitehead's death before him - he was probably off on his travels/gigging).

Iirc Latep was one in a long line of characters who tried to get into Jo Grant's knickers.

Guest Guest

anyone who buys the classic Doctor Who \DVDs and listens to the commentaries on them will know that Toby has encyclopedic knowledge of anything to do with Doctor Who actors and actresses, inc who have died and when. It's partly to do with the fact that he's an actor himself

Paul Bearer closed my poll thread before I could comment and offer my commiserations. Our Welsh intergalactic hero is dead. :(

I am much more gutted about this than I was about Nimoy's passing even though it will be lucky to get 1% of the media coverage.

RIP Gareth and condolences to the family.

• Like 1

If so, it's hello there Watcher!

• Like 1

Paul Bearer closed my poll thread before I could comment and offer my commiserations. Our Welsh intergalactic hero is dead. :(

I am much more gutted about this than I was about Nimoy's passing even though it will be lucky to get 1% of the media coverage.

His passing's not even mentioned on the BBC site yet. Even though Blakes 7 was a BBC production back in the late 1970s.

Never watched Blakes 7. Having looked at his IMDB page, I'd probably know Gareth Thomas more from Jackanory and possibly Children Of The Stones.

Rest his soul anyway.

A unique on the DDP when there's a qualifying obit.

• Like 1

Never watched Blakes 7. Having looked at his IMDB page, I'd probably know Gareth Thomas more from Jackanory and possibly Children Of The Stones.

Rest his soul anyway.

You haven't missed much. But if you want to see an episode, they have them on YouTube

Rest his soul anyway.

You haven't missed much. But if you want to see an episode, they have them on YouTube

Guest Guest

i'm pretty sure theres a Blakes 7 thread somewhere this should be moved to

His passing's not even mentioned on the BBC site yet. Even though Blakes 7 was a BBC production back in the late 1970s.
A few obits are starting to pop up on UK news sites now.

Quite shocked and sad a big childhood favourite has gone. This is my "Bowie" moment for the year. :(

When I put that poll up, I didn't expect him to drop a few weeks later at "only" 71!

The British Paedophile Corporation have finally put up an obit now too: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36041534

"Thomas claimed never to have watched a single episode of the show, which was derided by some for its shaky sets and basic special effects." :D

"His death was confirmed by a friend who worked on a Blake's 7 remake, according to the Press Association." - I presume that would be Paul Darrow as he was trying to launch a remake/sequel a few years ago, which kept stalling.

The British Paedophile Corporation have finally put up an obit now too: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36041534

"His death was confirmed by a friend who worked on a Blake's 7 remake, according to the Press Association." - I presume that would be Paul Darrow as he was trying to launch a remake/sequel a few years ago, which kept stalling.

I stand corrected. It was the project's co-producer, Andrew Mark Sewell, according to this: http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/apr/14/blakes-7s-gareth-thomas-dies-at-71

Also didn't realise he studied with Stephen Greif before they both landed roles on B7 either:

"Actor Stephen Greif wrote on Twitter: “Very sad to hear of the death of my good friend Gareth Thomas. We were Rada then Blake’s 7 and onwards. He was a proud Welshman.”"

Rest his soul anyway.

Wash your mouth out Phantom. Blakes 7 was fantastic. OK the sets and effects were shaky but they concentrated on unfashionable things like character, plot and casting damn good actors.

Gareth also provided the voice for the Wisdom Tree on the BBC kids TV series Raven.

• Like 1

Rest his soul anyway.

Wash your mouth out Phantom. Blakes 7 was fantastic. OK the sets and effects were shaky but they concentrated on unfashionable things like character, plot and casting damn good actors.

Gareth also provided the voice for the Wisdom Tree on the BBC kids TV series Raven.

Plot was good, sets and special effects were terrible and the acting was ermmm could be much better.

When I was 6 when I first watched it, I thought it was great. I watched the first 3 episodes again last night and I found it entertaining but nowhere near as captivating as I did years ago.

Rest his soul anyway.

Plot was good, sets and special effects were terrible and the acting was ermmm could be much better.

When I was 6 when I first watched it, I thought it was great. I watched the first 3 episodes again last night and I found it entertaining but nowhere near as captivating as I did years ago.

When it was good it was brilliant. Best episodes are probably Duel (Series1), Gambit (Series 2), Sarcophagus, Rumours of Death (Series 3) & Sand, Orbit (Series 4) and of course the legendary last episode Blake.

It is of its time and hasn't worn well but when the choice was limited this stood out.

I think we are going to be losing other members of the cast with regularity now except for Josette Simon who somehow still manages to look fantastic.

• Like 1

I've been watching the series on a season by season, year by year basis and I had recently bought series 4 in anticipation of watching it sometime later.

What strikes me about the show was that it was broadcast so early in the evening considering its themes and heavier sci-fi than its stablemate Doctor Who. Would be post-watershed these days. Some cracking episodes along with some ropey ones but Avon and Servalan were boss...

• Like 2

You be damned lucky I didn't say SF...