Godot

Ask A Deathlister

Was going to post this in the dream thread but it was n't a dl related dream, just a death related one.

I dreamt bank workers were getting kidnapped and one of the victims was a colleague of mine. Managemant were pretending everything was ok and there was nothing to worry about but then I overheard them saying that my colleague's body had been discovered but they couldn't find a head. They were still denying anything was wrong.

So my question is when you've head a dream like that do you tell the person in question?

Said colleague(who's a bit of a tosser) came to hepl out in our department to today and I was dying to tell him he'd been kidnapped and decapitated in one of my dreams but I wasn't sure if this is the done thing.

What would you lot do ?

• Like 1

Was going to post this in the dream thread but it was n't a dl related dream, just a death related one.

I dreamt bank workers were getting kidnapped and one of the victims was a colleague of mine. Managemant were pretending everything was ok and there was nothing to worry about but then I overheard them saying that my colleague's body had been discovered but they couldn't find a head. They were still denying anything was wrong.

So my question is when you've head a dream like that do you tell the person in question?

Said colleague(who's a bit of a tosser) came to hepl out in our department to today and I was dying to tell him he'd been kidnapped and decapitated in one of my dreams but I wasn't sure if this is the done thing.

What would you lot do ?

I would tell them, tosser or not - of course I would enjoy telling them more if they are a tosser. Do it.

What would you lot do ?

I would tell them, tosser or not - of course I would enjoy telling them more if they are a tosser. Do it.

Just tell him you've been dreaming about him. Don't be specific, but make sure you say something about "head" and give him a knowing wink.

That should help sort things out enormously.

• Like 1

MPFC, we were discussing your sighting at work today. One of the suggestions put forward was that the chap you saw might have been wearing a flesh coloured G string. How good a look did you get? Could he have been a genital covering interloper, trying to blend in with the nudists?

Going off topic a bit, I went to an amazing rave near Studland Bay in 1994. It went on for days, the KLF turned up, locals were horrified, a strange man was giving away industrial amounts of ketamine and I drove 100 miles home with the handbrake on. ;)

Now that is a story I would like to hear in detail!

I don't think I like the tone of your euphamism there LFN. Men who 'walk their dogs' are more likely to discover dead bodies in the undergrowth rather than indulge in any sort of al-fresco bummery.

I did hear that Studland Bay was popular with men who "walked their dogs".

Pooka, dear chap, could you confirm this?

Regards

LFN

Hmm.

I only asked because Im sure I read somewhere that this spot was a prime location for bonking couples to be "observed" by men ( who, purely by chance, were coming from miles around to walk their dogs).

I do appologise if I gave the impression that men only went there to practice the ancient art of fudge packing.

Nothing to do with the practice, like Richard Gere, of sticking a dog up your fundament then. Or was it Germaine Greer and a ferret?

Now that is spooky.

Today, I was seriously considering creating a thread devoted to celebrity gossip.

For example the "alleged" squeaky clean female celebrity ( quite old now and much respected) a turd and a young mans chest ( or pillow depending on what you read).

One of our highly respected members related that one to me a while back. ;)

You obviously have the mind of a sewer or surf into some very strange places.

Either way, another quality post from you sir.

I think it was me who mentioned that story wasn't it. If not well, "Give Us a Clue?" :crossbone:

I don't think I like the tone of your euphamism there LFN. Men who 'walk their dogs' are more likely to discover dead bodies in the undergrowth rather than indulge in any sort of al-fresco bummery.

Regards

LFN

Hmm.

I only asked because Im sure I read somewhere that this spot was a prime location for bonking couples to be "observed" by men ( who, purely by chance, were coming from miles around to walk their dogs).

I do appologise if I gave the impression that men only went there to practice the ancient art of fudge packing.

Nothing to do with the practice, like Richard Gere, of sticking a dog up your fundament then. Or was it Germaine Greer and a ferret?

Now that is spooky.

Today, I was seriously considering creating a thread devoted to celebrity gossip.

For example the "alleged" squeaky clean female celebrity ( quite old now and much respected) a turd and a young mans chest ( or pillow depending on what you read).

I think it was me who mentioned that story wasn't it. If not well, "Give Us a Clue?" :crossbone:

Una Stubbs shitted on someone's chest, a la Cleveland Steamer? I'll only believe that with pictorial evidence.

Regards

LFN

Hmm.

Now that is spooky.

Una Stubbs shitted on someone's chest, a la Cleveland Steamer? I'll only believe that with pictorial evidence.

Facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7360267018

Regards

LFN

Hmm.

Now that is spooky.

Facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7360267018

That has just made my day.

If someone took that off your hands, why would you ask for it back? :pop:

I see the "Shame of Lincolnshire" used the "Pride of Kent"

Coming from Kent, I know there's not much for it to be proud of.

I see the "Shame of Lincolnshire" used the "Pride of Kent"

What is a reasonable time-span to wait on a response from an important email you have sent?

I sent my advisor an email last Thurday afternoon asking if I could put his name down for a reference on an application form (the application form practically stated that it had to be him). It is now Tuesday, and I have heard nothing back. I was simply looking for a 'yes' or a 'no', because he doesn't actually need to do anything yet.

Should I email him to ask if he got my email? I don't want to hassle him too much, because I have to put up with him for a couple more months yet.

Windsor

What is a reasonable time-span to wait on a response from an important email you have sent?

I sent my advisor an email last Thurday afternoon asking if I could put his name down for a reference on an application form (the application form practically stated that it had to be him). It is now Tuesday, and I have heard nothing back. I was simply looking for a 'yes' or a 'no', because he doesn't actually need to do anything yet.

Should I email him to ask if he got my email? I don't want to hassle him too much, because I have to put up with him for a couple more months yet.

Windsor

Your email was probably kicked by his spam filter. Try resending without using swear words, profanity or mentioning his penis size and it will likely get through this time.

• Like 1

Surely, considering they found the head, but not many other body parts, it should read "Corpseless Head Trial" or "Severed Head Trial" rather than "Headless Corpse"

Trial Separation ends up in Court perhaps?

or maybe Prosecution lack body of evidence.

(I'll get my coat on the way out.)

But you are correct, it's a disembodied head; the very opposite of a headless corpse.

Windsor

Forgive my radical thinking here, but could you not just ring him up?

Windsor

I see, another poor destitute student having to email their Financial Advisor because they are down to their last few grand.

As Deadly Doug said "Fuggin Students!" :)

OK, what a fantastic G20 that was. :) My question? Exactly how many 0's are there in a trillion? I've googled and asked Jeeves but get a different answer.

OK, what a fantastic G20 that was. :) My question? Exactly how many 0's are there in a trillion?

Google is your friend

You answered before my edit was complete. WOW, the service you get from DLers is fantastic. Cheers Lardy, but why only 12 in English speaking countries? Isn't that racist? :rolleyes:

OK, what a fantastic G20 that was. :) My question? Exactly how many 0's are there in a trillion?

Google is your friend

You answered before my edit was complete. WOW, the service you get from DLers is fantastic. Cheers Lardy, but why only 12 in English speaking countries? Isn't that racist? :rolleyes:

Ah, I'm just too efficient for my own good.

I wondered that - how can a number be different - surely if you've got a trillion apples in one hand in England, they don't turn into 18 trillion (or whatever it is) when you get off the ferry in Calais?

Google is your friend

I wondered that - how can a number be different - surely if you've got a trillion apples in one hand in England, they don't turn into 18 trillion (or whatever it is) when you get off the ferry in Calais?

***GEEK ALERT*** (Is there a geek icon?)

It starts off in the billions. A US billion was less than the British million but we capitulated and gave up the long scale in terms of money.

Adopting the US system does make people look richer I guess. Best stick to standard form.

Your wish is granted 1.gif

Google is your friend

It starts off in the billions. A US billion was less than the British million but we capitulated and gave up the long scale in terms of money.

Adopting the US system does make people look richer I guess. Best stick to standard form.

And you believe all that crap in wrongpedia? I thought you were more intelligent than that

I just quoted it for the layman. I believe in the truth. I know the truth. That is the truth.

By the power of googleskull I am sure another duller yet more official link can be acquired. Anyway, in defence of the Americans what's wrong with knocking a few zeros off now and again. It's a tried and tested model. Ask Mugabe.

By the power of googleskull I am sure another duller yet more official link can be acquired.

Duller link

1.gif

Henceforth I shall be using milliards, billiards and trilliards whenever a geeky opportunity presents.

• Like 1