Godot

Ask A Deathlister

Why is it so slow...I guess the cold weather is keeping people frosty

Has anyone tried the

, the sweetly-named miaow miaow, yet? Kids tend to like rubbish things like glue or MD20/20, so I'd probably be wasting my tenner, right? Oh, for the simple technicolour 80s daze of rhubarb 'n' custards, lemon 'n' limes and dennis the menaces...

Why are young people so tempted by obscurity? What's wrong with Irish whiskey? Four V-i-c-o-d-i-n doesn't get them there? Anyone who inhales plant food in order to elevate their state of mind has never taken a moment to pause and think for a moment.

If only that were uncommon.

Has anyone tried the
, the sweetly-named miaow miaow, yet? Kids tend to like rubbish things like glue or MD20/20, so I'd probably be wasting my tenner, right? Oh, for the simple technicolour 80s daze of rhubarb 'n' custards, lemon 'n' limes and dennis the menaces...

Fuck me. :D:referee:

Guest somedaysometimesoon

Was it worth it?

Why are young people so tempted by obscurity?

Maybe they take a wrong turning when they're searching for oblivion?

So, if Mrs MPFC and I are searching for a new telly/recorder combination is there anything on sale that will also allow me to make digital recordings of my favourite radio shows, put them onto my iPod and play them in the car with as much ease as I once used to follow the same pattern with cassette tapes?

I'm pissed off. My gmail account says I have reached my quota limit and won't let me send emails. I got rid of 10,000 old emails yesterday yet it still sends an error message saying it's full when I try to send an email. Contacting Google is impossible. I'd like to go around and smash the place up but there's nowhere obvious to smash up. You don't get Google shops. I'm not surprised. If you did, I'd be in there smashing the place up.

When I signed up to gmail eons ago within the wording of the Faustian pact it said: don't worry about deleting your emails, there is so much memory and more is being added every day. So I didn't worry and now it says I can purchase more memory.

Can anyone:

1. tell me how I can get over this error message?
  2. tell me where I can find a Google office to smash the place up?
  3. tell me how you can stand face to face with anyone in Google and speak to them (before kicking them in the googlies)?

Edit: I didn't put that fucking emoticon there. It put itself there when I wrote the letter "b". The arrogance of software. It pisses me off. :unsure:

Edited by Magere Hein
List fixed

So, if Mrs MPFC and I are searching for a new telly/recorder combination is there anything on sale that will also allow me to make digital recordings of my favourite radio shows, put them onto my iPod and play them in the car with as much ease as I once used to follow the same pattern with cassette tapes?

I have a PC-TV tuner, which records TV and radio in MP4/MP3 format (Itunes-compliant). They're not that expensive.

Maplins sell one for £29.99 - link here.

I have a PC-TV tuner, which records TV and radio in MP4/MP3 format (Itunes-compliant). They're not that expensive.

Fuck me, he posted that in May. What about my effing query? Have just spent $5 (five bloody dollars - that's £3.63 in real money) on 20 mb more storage and the emails still won't go out. Meanwhile I have a neighbour pissing me off in emails, somebody else wanting to confirm a meeting and a zillion other(well one) emails to deal with. While I'm sympathetic to the telly watching needs of Mr and Mrs MPFC this email thing is serious. It's like missing a (virtual) limb. :unsure:

Fuck me, he posted that in May. What about my effing query? Have just spent $5 (five bloody dollars - that's £3.63 in real money) on 20 mb more storage and the emails still won't go out. Meanwhile I have a neighbour pissing me off in emails, somebody else wanting to confirm a meeting and a zillion other(well one) emails to deal with. While I'm sympathetic to the telly watching needs of Mr and Mrs MPFC this email thing is serious. It's like missing a (virtual) limb. :unsure:

Treat yourself to a new email address...

I'd expect a reply around March then...

I'd expect a reply around March then...

The Lovely Six sent me a PM and now everything's lovely. I hadn't realised there was a bin thing that holds the emails even when you've deleted them, now cleared. But it won't bring back my £3.63 paid to the faceless wonders at google. Hostilities with neighbour and the rest resumed. Still it just shows that asking a deathlister works. Windsor I did set up another account and it's there now in reserve, thanks.

I'm pissed off. My gmail account says I have reached my quota limit and won't let me send emails. I got rid of 10,000 old emails yesterday yet it still sends an error message saying it's full when I try to send an email. Contacting Google is impossible. I'd like to go around and smash the place up but there's nowhere obvious to smash up. You don't get Google shops. I'm not surprised. If you did, I'd be in there smashing the place up.

When I signed up to gmail eons ago within the wording of the Faustian pact it said: don't worry about deleting your emails, there is so much memory and more is being added every day. So I didn't worry and now it says I can purchase more memory.

Can anyone:

3. tell me how you can stand face to face with anyone in Google and speak to them (before kicking them in the googlies)?

Edit: I didn't put that fucking emoticon there. It put itself there when I wrote the letter "b". The arrogance of software. It pisses me off. :unsure:

I went into my Gmail account and went into the Help Forum. A question was posed about the error message. After you clear off the 10,000 emails you have to click on the Trash link and select Empty Trash.

Edit: I couldn't even find the f*cking trash button at first :lol: . It's on the left hand side of the screen under 'Compose Mail'. Did you do it? Did it work?

I distinctly remember when I opened my account, that there was supposed to be unlimited space and that you would never need to delete anything. Liars.

Can anyone:

Edit: I didn't put that fucking emoticon there. It put itself there when I wrote the letter "b". The arrogance of software. It pisses me off. :(

I went into my Gmail account and went into the Help Forum. A question was posed about the error message. After you clear off the 10,000 emails you have to click on the Trash link and select Empty Trash.

Edit: I couldn't even find the f*cking trash button at first :lol: . It's on the left hand side of the screen under 'Compose Mail'. Did you do it? Did it work?

I distinctly remember when I opened my account, that there was supposed to be unlimited space and that you would never need to delete anything. Liars.

That was probably my message. In the UK it says "bin" rather than "trash" just to be British but you have to activate it in settings. I hadn't read that far down, still smarting that Google got £3.63 out of me. Sorry for foul mouthed tirade incidentally but I was pissed off, but not as much as I was with the car park. That's for Room 101.

One for the Jamie Olivers out there...

A pork sausage has to contain a minimum 42% pork, but how much pork sausage should a sausage roll contain? Does the sausage meat in a sausage roll have to conform to the same standards as a normal sausage?

Time, did this issue prompt your question?

From what I can see in the ASA's judgement there are no figures produced for the percentage of meat in the Walls product, claimed to have caused the offence. Crucially the ASA don't cite any agreed percentage as either an industry standard or legal requirement.

So the chances are you're getting arseholes and lips warmed inside high-fat pastry!

From what I can see in the ASA's judgement there are no figures produced for the percentage of meat in the Walls product, claimed to have caused the offence. Crucially the ASA don't cite any agreed percentage as either an industry standard or legal requirement.

So the chances are you're getting arseholes and lips warmed inside high-fat pastry!

I may well have said this before, but my friend used to work in Asda, and she told me that a customer once brought back a tin of corned beef, which she had opened and found part of a cow's eyelid with attached eyelashes included! Tasty!

No, I was just curious, as our local Tesco now has a 'hot pie' oven, and on impulse I bought one. (They do smell nice, and are hot, unlike those from Gregg's).

I noticed that the ingredients listed pork sausage meat (25%), so got to wondering how much (or rather how little) pork there actually was.

As far as it being arsehole and lips, theres no point in being squeamish if you're prepared to eat sausages!

A bloke I used to work with once found a nipple complete with hair in a bag of pork scratchings.

He showed it off, had a laugh, then ate it.

A bloke I used to work with once found a nipple complete with hair in a bag of pork scratchings.

He showed it off, had a laugh, then ate it.

:) pork scratchings :puke: Yuk!!!!

Not much point asking this as there's hardly ever anyone around between the headline deaths any more, but here goes anyway: does anyone know of anyone who makes a living consulting on death - a kind of death planner?

I'm working from the proposition that as we grow older, as the cost of living towards the end of our lives goes up - cost of medicines, care etc - we might/will reach a stage where, if we want to go on living we shall face the stark choice of coughing up for our medicines or declining them thereby slipping off the mortal coil pretty sharpish after the last pill has been swallowed.

So we might have to go in for death planning where we could work out how long we expected to live (as actuaries do already), then make a bet with an insurance company (which I suppose what happens already with an annuity). The dear old NHS looks after all that for now in the UK but it's creaking under the strain of elder care. As costs go up could ability to pay determine the length of our lives? Perhaps it's already very like that in the US.

No-one would call the role death planning, I suppose, but it must already be a chunk of financial planning I would have thought. Any thoughts?

I think this lot are well enough connected to lead you to most people making their living on the fringes of the death industry. Time was we were rubbing shoulders with someone who worked there, i.e. they had a poster on here. Not sure if that person is likely to read this, get my drift and PM you.

I think this lot are well enough connected to lead you to most people making their living on the fringes of the death industry. Time was we were rubbing shoulders with someone who worked there, i.e. they had a poster on here. Not sure if that person is likely to read this, get my drift and PM you.

Link broken MPFC. I'm all ears.