Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Could one of the Warwick x please step forward and tell me if I am right in believing that the original ethos of this site is not in wanting celebrities to die but merely to speculate on who might potentially pop their clogs over the space of any one year.

/snip...

You have just posted what I have started to post 100 times and couldn't come up with a way to say short of something not to nice.

Could one of the Warwick x please step forward and tell me if I am right in believing that the original ethos of this site is not in wanting celebrities to die but merely to speculate on who might potentially pop their clogs over the space of any one year.

I am getting sick and tired of hearing this broken record about celebrities teasing us with death. //snip//

Still, this doesn't change the fact that lately, we've been inundated with news of celebrities teasing us with their illnesses and near death experiences. Just when we hear that a celebrity is thought to be seriously ill and dying, he ends up recovering and doing fine.

(SNIPPED - the ever increasing list of celebs appearing in certain posts)

What's up with all these celebrities, teasing us and the media with the possibility that a famous celeb would die, only to fully recover. And these celebs will proudly share their near death, or on the brink of death experiences. :skill2:

Well, we didn't sit around rubbing our hands in feverish anticipation, but neither did we don our widow's weeds when a death update came through the wire. In fact, if a pigeon didn't arrive with the news we usually didn't hear about it at all. And life went on.

Anyway, being conscientious students we were obviously too busy attending important lectures and seminars or studying hard in the library. innocent0002.gif

Still, this doesn't change the fact that lately, we've been inundated with news of celebrities teasing us with their illnesses and near death experiences. Just when we hear that a celebrity is thought to be seriously ill and dying, he ends up recovering and doing fine.

Why are you so desperate for celebrities to die? I think there is only one regular on here (MPFC) who thinks like you do, but he is not on such a wide range, and certainly not so intensely. I find his whoops of celebration that certain people have died a bit much sometimes, but each to their own. The only person on here who was ever like yourself was the village idiot that was dave/iain etc.

We might have the odd "hate" figure (Thatcher for some, Katona for me), the odd figure on our DP's who has thrawted us for years & years (Gloria Stuart for me, for example), but I am not aware of anybody who wishes so much ill on so many people.

Life isn't always easy & fair, but that doesn't mean death is deserved on celebrities as a result of any hardships you have in life.

I personally hope Freeman recovers fully, likewise Applegate. I have a lot of time for Grammer, Liz Taylor & particulary Patrick Swayze.

This "teasing" as you call it, has gone on for aeons, it's hardly a new thing. Perhaps it's more noticeable in the days of 24 hour media, but rumours were flying around about John Barrymore & Humphrey Bogart (I doubt you will have heard of either, knowing your past posts)

It's also a bit rich to say Grammer, Applegate, Freeman, Thatcher & Winehouse were "near death".

I'm also getting a bit tired of you saying the same thing in every single thread. I'm sure, as the above posts prove, I'm not the only one. One comment, in one thread - fine. This must be the 20th time in 2 days I've read a post like this from yourself.

Anyway, Paul Newman DOES look near death, so then he can die & then you can jerk off over his death & that'll keep you satisfied & smug for a day or two. Never mind the fact that one of the greatest (whatever you think of him, his status as a great is undeniable) writers of the 20th Century has died, you're still whinging about the fact that a pretty young actress fighting a deadly disease has not died one day after being diagnosed. :skull:

Christina Applegate has only just been diagnosed with breast cancer. The doctors have said it's not life threatening as they've detected it early enough.

As her mother died from a combination of cervical and breast cancer, she's been having scans earlier than most to avoid the same fate

*whisper* hey, Phantom, you might want to read three posts above before posting news about ill celebs.

Ronnie,

I saw the post from the weekend. In terms that she's only recently been diagnosed and being treated for breast cancer, so in a sense according to BCAlum2000's post she has survived so far bearing in mind that she's only recently become aware of the disease.

If you get how I mean.

My post wasn't as an announcement of news that has already been posted it was in response to the post prior to mine

phantom is on point.

Margaret Thatcher: hospitalized, released.

Patrick Swayze: had pancreatic cancer, was supposed to live only for weeks, but looks healthy again and is back to work

Amy Winehouse: hospitalized twice, appears to be doing OK unfortunately

Christina Applegate: breast cancer, caught in early stages

Elizabeth Taylor: had heart problems and pnuemonia; reportedly was on life support and on the brink of death. in the end, she's supposed to be doing well

Kelsey Grammar: had heart attack; survived and recovering nicely

Bernie Mac: hospitalized for pnemonia, is recovering nicely

Morgan Freeman: was listed in serious condition after a car accident, but looks like he might only have a few broken bones.

What's up with all these celebrities, teasing us and the media with the possibility that a famous celeb would die, only to fully recover. And these celebs will proudly share their near death, or on the brink of death experiences. :skull:

http://www.hecklerspray.com/bernie-mac-not...h/200815537.php

I wasn't agreeing with you that we're being cheated regarding Christina Applegate.

I don't think that just because she's been diagnosed and immediately undergoing treatment that we're being teased.

The whole idea is to make an educated prediction that they will die. we've managed to snap up a few that haven't been mentioned in the media for a couple of years but have died as a result of their age more than anything even though other circumstances have contributed to their death.

Well, I figure that since this site is about dead celebrities and predicting when they will die, I thought it was just an interesting, albeit "annoying" pattern, to read the recent spate of news of celebrities being hospitalized, thought to be dying, etc. in the media only to find that the rumors of them dying were false.

but admittedly, after reading my previous posts, yeah, perhaps I've ranted a bit too much. I really don't wish death upon any of them (except Fidel Castro).

Paul Newman is a great actor and I wouldn't jerk off if he passed away (even though he is on my DL list). I have nothing but respect for him as an actor. He's one of the best, actually, and it would be a sad end to an era (If Newman does pass, the only real prominent male actors from the 60s era still alive would be Kirk Douglas, Eli Wallach, Clint Eastwood, Robert Redford, and Sean Connery).

Now if Fidel Castro died, i would definitely celebrate. I hate him much in the same way many of you hate Margaret Thatcher.

C'est la vie, my friends.

Why are you so desperate for celebrities to die? I think there is only one regular on here (MPFC) who thinks like you do, but he is not on such a wide range, and certainly not so intensely. I find his whoops of celebration that certain people have died a bit much sometimes, but each to their own. The only person on here who was ever like yourself was the village idiot that was dave/iain etc.

We might have the odd "hate" figure (Thatcher for some, Katona for me), the odd figure on our DP's who has thrawted us for years & years (Gloria Stuart for me, for example), but I am not aware of anybody who wishes so much ill on so many people.

Life isn't always easy & fair, but that doesn't mean death is deserved on celebrities as a result of any hardships you have in life.

I personally hope Freeman recovers fully, likewise Applegate. I have a lot of time for Grammer, Liz Taylor & particulary Patrick Swayze.

This "teasing" as you call it, has gone on for aeons, it's hardly a new thing. Perhaps it's more noticeable in the days of 24 hour media, but rumours were flying around about John Barrymore & Humphrey Bogart (I doubt you will have heard of either, knowing your past posts)

It's also a bit rich to say Grammer, Applegate, Freeman, Thatcher & Winehouse were "near death".

I'm also getting a bit tired of you saying the same thing in every single thread. I'm sure, as the above posts prove, I'm not the only one. One comment, in one thread - fine. This must be the 20th time in 2 days I've read a post like this from yourself.

Anyway, Paul Newman DOES look near death, so then he can die & then you can jerk off over his death & that'll keep you satisfied & smug for a day or two. Never mind the fact that one of the greatest (whatever you think of him, his status as a great is undeniable) writers of the 20th Century has died, you're still whinging about the fact that a pretty young actress fighting a deadly disease has not died one day after being diagnosed. :skull:

a "frail" Eunice Kennedy Shriver wheeled out for the annual 'Pops By The Sea' concert

I'm going to cop to the fact that I want Amy Winehouse to die... I am so f-in sick of her. DIE ALREADY!!!! Yours in Christ, Miser

John Uphoff. Obscure, but certain to get an obit on the BBC.

He has an obit on the BBC in-house site, Ariel, but the link won't work for non-BBC folk, so I won't bother posting it. I'm sure it'll be on the regular site at some point, not that it'll be needed for any deadpool on Earth.

First CNN, now AOL. Obviously speculating about celebrity deaths is catching on. Perhaps we should be asking for royalties.

Guest delta

how about the Duke of Edinburgh? he's looking rather ancient these days. also, the London Evening Standard have reported him as being diagnosed with prostate cancer, altho the Palace have fiercely denied this.

linky: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7545301.stm

how about the Duke of Edinburgh? he's looking rather ancient these days. also, the London Evening Standard have reported him as being diagnosed with prostate cancer, altho the Palace have fiercely denied this.

linky: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7545301.stm

He has his own thread

but admittedly, after reading my previous posts, yeah, perhaps I've ranted a bit too much. I really don't wish death upon any of them (except Fidel Castro).

Now if Fidel Castro died, i would definitely celebrate. I hate him much in the same way many of you hate Margaret Thatcher.

Fair enough, good reply.

But if you're going by the media, well, just don't be taken in too much. They were saying Elizabeth Taylor was near death in 1994!

I think basically the news outlets, who would've normally ignored illnesses in the past as a "privacy" thing if nothing else, now are under so much pressure from the continued rise of celebrity news outlets & interests in celebrities that they have to keep updating what is often non-news about people just to grab headlines & sales - I usually trust a few papers for some kind of truth, but if it's in certain publications (ie The Guardian or The Mirror) I ignore it.

You'll probably hate me for saying it, but I like Fidel Castro. I would be quite sorry to see him go, although less so now he's out of the political scene.

Yitzhak Shamir is the one I'd like to see go. Nasty piece of work under that "cuddly" Grandad exterior & not only that, I've chosen him for numerous DP's & he hasn't died - very rude.

News outlets have a tendency of exaggerating the worse so that contributes as much to the tease as the celebrities' own illness. News media outlets are under a lot of pressure to sell so they have to use the whole "This famous celebrity is close to dying!" or "This famous celeb might not make it through the night!" in order to generate buzz.

Yeah, Liz Taylor has been on the verge of death quite a few times (or at least rumor has it). She does appear to be ill though so it could be any day.

Sorry, but I hate Fidel Castro. To me, he's nothing more than a brutal dictator. Of course, I have received such hate mail for these comments and one person even accused me of libel (guess he doesn't consider Fidel Castro a brutal dictator).

Fair enough, good reply.

But if you're going by the media, well, just don't be taken in too much. They were saying Elizabeth Taylor was near death in 1994!

I think basically the news outlets, who would've normally ignored illnesses in the past as a "privacy" thing if nothing else, now are under so much pressure from the continued rise of celebrity news outlets & interests in celebrities that they have to keep updating what is often non-news about people just to grab headlines & sales - I usually trust a few papers for some kind of truth, but if it's in certain publications (ie The Guardian or The Mirror) I ignore it.

You'll probably hate me for saying it, but I like Fidel Castro. I would be quite sorry to see him go, although less so now he's out of the political scene.

Yitzhak Shamir is the one I'd like to see go. Nasty piece of work under that "cuddly" Grandad exterior & not only that, I've chosen him for numerous DP's & he hasn't died - very rude.

Sorry, but I hate Fidel Castro. To me, he's nothing more than a brutal dictator. Of course, I have received such hate mail for these comments and one person even accused me of libel (guess he doesn't consider Fidel Castro a brutal dictator).

I'm with you BC. Castro killed and imprisioned his political enemies. I wish death upon him in a painful way. :skull: You can add about half the leaders of African nations on that list as well.

Fidel Castro has probably treated dissenters in much the same way as other 'leaders'.

Guantanamo Bay springs to mind...

Fidel Castro has probably treated dissenters in much the same way as other 'leaders'.

Dr David Kelly, Robin Cook... Britain is no stranger to dissenter accidents likewise :skull::old:;)

Dr David Kelly, Robin Cook... Britain is no stranger to dissenter accidents likewise :skill2::skill2:;)

Exactly. Most leader deserve my contempt. What I don't understand is how you can look up to Castro and hate Thatcher/Bush. Hate them all or none. How you draw Castro out as someone to like is like saying I hate Ian Brady but I like Charlie Manson cause he killed Hollywood types.

First post here. Have always been interested in death and did some elective modules of it as part of my degree!

Anyway here are some people who I think may pass away in 2009

Tony Hart - artist and TV presenter famous for kids shows such as Smart Hart. He was suffering from ill health in 2006 and is 82 (will be 83 in October this year).

Jimmy Saville - TV legend and presenter of Jim'll Fix It - is 81 (will be 82 in October); heavy smoker too.

Jackie Stallone - Famous for her UK Celebrity Big Brother appearance "Yeah, Jackie" - is an astounding 86 years old and will be 87 in October.

Patricia Routledge - actress most famous for Keeping Up Appearances - currently aged 79.

First post here. Have always been interested in death and did some elective modules of it as part of my degree!

Tony Hart - artist and TV presenter famous for kids shows such as Smart Hart. He was suffering from ill health in 2006 and is 82 (will be 83 in October this year).

Jimmy Saville - TV legend and presenter of Jim'll Fix It - is 81 (will be 82 in October); heavy smoker too.

Jackie Stallone - Famous for her UK Celebrity Big Brother appearance "Yeah, Jackie" - is an astounding 86 years old and will be 87 in October.

Patricia Routledge - actress most famous for Keeping Up Appearances - currently aged 79.

Welcome. I believe that Tony Hart is the best of the four. This site is chop full of ideas.

jonny84, collect your prize: You are the 2 millionth person to mis-spell Jimmy Savile's name! :skill2:

Guest Guest_Libra_*

You got something against people born in October?

Fasion critic "Mr. Blackwell" who does the worst dressed list sounds like he might not make a list this year.

http://blog.nj.com/fashiontoday/2008/08/fa...ackwell_is.html

I think I read a news article last year that he was taken ill with an "unspecified illness"

I wonder why no one will disclose what he's been suffering from all this time.

You got something against people born in October?

Lol. Pure coincedence that they were all born in October