maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Just to hope she gets in the drop 40 (she's not really a secret anyways), Carol McGiffin's younger sister, Tracy, who's 53 years old, has terminal breast cancer. The sun and daily mail have written articles, making a QO guaranteed: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4002634/Loose-Women-s-Carol-McGiffin-discusses-anguish-older-sister-Tracy-having-terminal-cancer.html

Good spot!

Bad lump, obviously

Just to hope she gets in the drop 40 (she's not really a secret anyways), Carol McGiffin's younger sister, Tracy, who's 53 years old, has terminal breast cancer. The sun and daily mail have written articles, making a QO guaranteed: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4002634/Loose-Women-s-Carol-McGiffin-discusses-anguish-older-sister-Tracy-having-terminal-cancer.html

Good spot!

Bad lump, obviously

Do we assume she is still a McGiffin - can't see her surname referenced......

She's called Tracy McGiffin in OK magazine.

Cheers

A name we'll doubtless get to know very well in early 2017

• Like 1

Cheers

Apparently he isn't trying to win DDP giving away names like that. I saw her posted on Dec 9th, though I figured she'd be spotted by most and all fair in love and war there ain't much war when an idiot lays his weapons down before the fight starts. It's mid December--the 'sharing' horsepucky should have come to an end by anyone taking DDP seriously. You get a good name why would ANYONE in their tiny mind share that info? You think Spade Cooley and I had a chat at a coffee clatch about Hassan Asif? Hell no, and though we ruined each other's jokers we were still the only two that had him. Maybe you need to have the initials SC to be smart around here.

SC

Cheers

Apparently he isn't trying to win DDP giving away names like that. I saw her posted on Dec 9th, though I figured she'd be spotted by most and all fair in love and war there ain't much war when an idiot lays his weapons down before the fight starts. It's mid December--the 'sharing' horsepucky should have come to an end by anyone taking DDP seriously. You get a good name why would ANYONE in their tiny mind share that info? You think Spade Cooley and I had a chat at a coffee clatch about Hassan Asif? Hell no, and though we ruined each other's jokers we were still the only two that had him. Maybe you need to have the initials SC to be smart around here.

SC

And you think I don't have other names that I'm keeping secret and NOT mentioning on the forum. Your wrong. I have MULTIPLE names yet to be mentioned on the forum. I felt liked she would've been mentioned by someone else at one point later in the year anyways. Jesus, it's only one name anyways. YOU kind of ruined Spade's plan as well, when he mentioned the wrestler in the nursing home, and YOU told him nice job on throwing off some deadpoolers, so you shouldn't be complaining that ONE name was revealed.

Cheers

SC

In fairness to Joey, Spade already mentioned her a few days ago. Although in fairness, if I hadn't heard about it, as soon as Joey said "celebrity's sister", I'd have been putting "celebrity sister terminal cancer" through Google faster than you could say "not unique". I believe it was a cunning deception along the lines of the murderer's plot in The ABC Murders. :)

A lot of people are keeping their powder very dry this year, though, on here. I've got three bankers I'm keeping very close to my chest, but I know one of them will certainly be on Spade's team, and the second almost surely too much of a temptation for DDT to avoid. The third certainly wont be a unique, because their plight has been covered by major newspapers, but the lack of mentioning on here allows one the pretence. Whereas everyone knows about Leah Bracknell's nut job terminal cancer cures. Hell. even the potential Lauren Hill of 2017 hasn't been mentioned on here, which ironically makes her a dodgier obit.

• Like 1

Cheers

SC

In fairness to Joey, Spade already mentioned her a few days ago. Although in fairness, if I hadn't heard about it, as soon as Joey said "celebrity's sister", I'd have been putting "celebrity sister terminal cancer" through Google faster than you could say "not unique". I believe it was a cunning deception along the lines of the murderer's plot in The ABC Murders. :)

A lot of people are keeping their powder very dry this year, though, on here. I've got three bankers I'm keeping very close to my chest, but I know one of them will certainly be on Spade's team, and the second almost surely too much of a temptation for DDT to avoid. The third certainly wont be a unique, because their plight has been covered by major newspapers, but the lack of mentioning on here allows one the pretence. Whereas everyone knows about Leah Bracknell's nut job terminal cancer cures. Hell. even the potential Lauren Hill of 2017 hasn't been mentioned on here, which ironically makes her a dodgier obit.

To be honest, I think Sir Creep was looking for another reason to whine about me. But if he really doesn't want me what he calls "obscure", then I won't reveal another one like Glen Campbell, who I heard he's gotten Alzheimer's disease.

Its all about deception , joey. :)

My main advice is to not do what I did in my first DDP year. See that particularly shit team here.

(Still finished above 500 other teams though B))

• Like 3

My main advice is to not do what I did in my first DDP year. See that particularly shit team here.

(Still finished above 500 other teams though B))

Nice to see some of those still knocking around these parts

Too many nonentities spoils the game for me. Candidates should have a reasonable claim to fame or achievement - aside from fundraising or blogging about their illnesses, or merely being related to someone who does have such a claim.

• Like 3

Well, my proposed joker is certainly famous (though not a household name, per say) before they got ill, and likely worth a lot of points too. :)

Too many nonentities spoils the game for me. Candidates should have a reasonable claim to fame or achievement - aside from fundraising or blogging about their illnesses, or merely being related to someone who does have such a claim.

All relative Toastie.

I don't have telly , so someone like Bracknell is a total nonentity.

Yet Monty Brinson this year wasn't.

All relative Toastie.

No, I don't think it's relative (I see what you did there!)

Leah Bracknell is an actress who was in a very popular programme. That's a fact whether you or I watched it or not.

Same goes for this Stefan Stefansson, whoever he is. I never heard of him or Lazy Town, but I accept it was a popular programme watched by many over a number of years.

Remind me again who Monty Brinson was. Ex-husband of someone who had been in a reality show, was it? Doesn't tick the fame box for me, not unless he had some notable achievements of his own.

• Like 1

All relative Toastie.

No, I don't think it's relative (I see what you did there!)

Leah Bracknell is an actress who was in a very popular programme. That's a fact whether you or I watched it or not.

Same goes for this Stefan Stefansson, whoever he is. I never heard of him or Lazy Town, but I accept it was a popular programme watched by many over a number of years.

Remind me again who Monty Brinson was. Ex-husband of someone who had been in a reality show, was it? Doesn't tick the fame box for me, not unless he had some notable achievements of his own.

The way I look at it is that I have my own eligibility standards and I only play picks that meet them. I have still had a fair few uniques which I did not expect to get Gareth Thomas, David Jenkins and George Weidenfeld. I am probably not going to win the DDP but I am doing quite well in other games.

Not the Hare's Deadpool though.

• Like 1

Brinson... Multimillionaire and pro poker player.

Married a wifie aff the telly (who was 'meh').

He was better known in certain circles than she was.

Well, my proposed joker is certainly famous (though not a household name, per say) before they got ill, and likely worth a lot of points too. :)

I won't spoil it, but I think I might know who your talking about.

One of those punt picks for some folk. Thomas Buffel's other half, Stephanie, incurable bowel cancer.

If you type his name into Wiki you end up on her page.

• Like 1

Brinson wasn't independently notable, even if specific circles may have known him for other reasons his poker playing alone would have never carried an obit. Kim Richards is a has-been trainwreck but that's exactly the sort of person Mail/US tabloids love to cover, which is why her ex-husband dying got mainstream media coverage.

• Like 1

I thought he was a bit like Sharon Osborne: not famous at all outwith their famous partner*, but a key part of the history of that person to their fans, so 100% obit guaranteed.

*This analogy only works with 1980s Sharon and not Sharon Osborne at any time after, say, 1995.

Yep. An heir to a supermarket fortune, pro poker player playboy.

All the P's.

Money can remove a lot on the internet....

At the time, I'd heard of him, not her.

Yep. An heir to a supermarket fortune, pro poker player playboy.

All the P's.

Money can remove a lot on the internet....

At the time, I'd heard of him, not her.

To my credit I knew neither of them.

• Like 1

Biblio, he had a minimal IMDb page due to her reality show, that was it. Which does seem odd...

A wee bit like a name well known to some in the Rangers saga. Craig Whyte. Or White. Even in this internet age no one knows.

He paid to remove all traces prior to taking them over, hence the 'Wealth off the radar" lie.

Money talks if folk want things not public.

I always had the feeling Brinson was like that.