maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Vera Ramone King, first wife of Dee Dee Ramone, announced yesterday that her sister is undergoing treatment for throat cancer.

Vera Ramone King, first wife of Dee Dee Ramone, announced yesterday that her sister is undergoing treatment for throat cancer.

Ill say here and now this looks like the kind of spot that wouldn't even make points on the Deathrace!

Ill say here and now this looks like the kind of spot that wouldn't even make points on the Deathrace!

How about if I rephrase it to be Dee Dee Ramone's former sister-in-law? ;)

Hmm, how about you post a link that suggests a reliable news source in English, even her local paper, will cover her demise? I'm scanning the radar screen here and seeing nowt.

Marginal celebrity links to say the least but the aunt and uncle of lottery winning Michael - King of Chavs - Carroll have just pegged out in a suicide pact:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3686061/Man-woman-40s-dead-firearms-incident-Norfolk.html

Hmm, how about you post a link that suggests a reliable news source in English, even her local paper, will cover her demise? I'm scanning the radar screen here and seeing nowt.

Don't have one. Word came from Vera's facebook page

Mother of Olympic gold medal cyclist Chris Boardman, Carol, killed while cycling.

Mother of Olympic gold medal cyclist Chris Boardman, Carol, killed while cycling.

I cant understand why he felt the need to take to twitter and I cant understand the content of his tribute which comes across as something you would write regarding the passing of a good friend rather than your mum.

Just my opinion.

Poor guy, it's not been his year.

Step daughter.

You can be very close to kids that aren't yours by birth

Well, that's what Woody Allen told me anyway

• Like 6

Not only does Gord Downie, frontman of The Tragically Hip have terminal cancer, but now Darren Sawchuk, frontman of a Canadian The Tragically Hip-cover band, has terminal cancer, too:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/tragically-hip-cover-band-cancer-1.3705131

I guess the obit chances depend very much on timing.

Not only does Gord Downie, frontman of The Tragically Hip have terminal cancer, but now Darren Sawchuk, frontman of a Canadian The Tragically Hip-cover band, has terminal cancer, too:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/tragically-hip-cover-band-cancer-1.3705131

I guess the obit chances depend very much on timing.

Now that's real dedication.

• Like 5

Swimmer Chad le Clos's very quiet and emotionless dad, Bert, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Also, his mum has cancer too, but she seems to be on the mend.