maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Pladis CEO Cem Karakas will step down from his executive role for family health reasons, effective immediately, the biscuit, chocolate and confectionery company announced Monday. 

Sounds like it's a family member vs himself, so posting here.  
SC

Not sure if I should have put this in the "Bollywood" section or just this one, but Krishna Raj Kapoor, the wife of Bollywood legend, Raj Kapoor, has passed away at the age of 87. Her husband, Raj Kapoor was known as "the greatest showman" in his time and his famous "tramp" character was inspired by Charlie Chaplin. She was also the mother of two sons who would become Bollywood actors as well (Rishi Kapoor, Randhir Kapoor, and Rajeev Kapoor) as well as the grandmother of a few more Bollywood stars (Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, etc.) The Kapoors are quite a dynasty and it's sad that a matriarch has passed.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/krishna-raj-kapoor-dead-5380725/

Rachel Hirschfeld, daughter of late, former New York Post owner and noted eccentric Abe Hirschfeld, has died. She was 72.

Her passing last week in California was confirmed by her brother. The cause was not disclosed.

Hirschfeld was a renowned animal-welfare lawyer, focusing on estate planning and advocacy. She was one of the first to develop a focus in animal law.

SC

Still Game actor Sandy Nelsons estranged wife Caroline dies in a car crash aged 45, on her way to her first day back at work after "beating cancer".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teacher-who-beat-cancer-killed-13392889

9 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

American rock band Godsmack postpones its tour following the death of guitarist Tony Rombola's son Joe Fay at age 34.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/godsmacks-2018-european-tour-postponed-as-guitarist-tony-rombola-mourns-death-of-son/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godsmack

So he's not alive for you, then.

Hang on, a Godsmack member is now old enough to have a 34 year old son??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, msc said:

So he's not alive for you, then.

Hang on, a Godsmack member is now old enough to have a 34 year old son??

Rombola is 53 (soon to turn 54). 

Jesus, Godsmack ruled the nu metal/post grunge boom when Evanescence was also popular, and Evanescence members (at least Amy Lee) are only in late 30s. I didn't realise Godsmack were so old!

8 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Jesus, Godsmack ruled the nu metal/post grunge boom when Evanescence was also popular, and Evanescence members (at least Amy Lee) are only in late 30s. I didn't realise Godsmack were so old!

Well Godsmack has been around since 1995. 

3 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Well Godsmack has been around since 1995. 

Evanescence also formed in 1995, but that would make Godsmack old even by those standards aswell

*mind you, Amy and the rest were still extremely young when they started, like not even old enough to play in bars

1 minute ago, FixedBusiness said:

Evanescence also formed in 1995, but that would make Godsmack old even by those standards aswell

True, I was gonna state that they both formed in 95, but decided against it. Oh, and on a side note  I'm 40, and my mom will be 57, in January. So, maybe he had the kid, when very young.

• Like 1

Get Buzz Aldrin on the list. 

• Like 3

On 06/07/2018 at 04:51, Sir Creep said:

Lauren Alaina let fans know that her stepfather Sam Ramker is currently battling Stage 4 cancer.

SC

Didn't make the starting line.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/lauren-alaina-announces-stepfather-sam-ramkers-death-in-instagram-post-he-was-the-most-compassionate-person-in-the-world

20 hours ago, charon said:

If there is a silver lining, now that 'the most compassionate person in the world' has passed, that makes Sir Creep the new most passionate person in the world.

52 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

If there is a silver lining, now that 'the most compassionate person in the world' has passed, that makes Sir Creep the new most passionate person in the world.

Think you're missing a 'com' in that sentence Sir. Although if you are standing just off screen on your avatar photo perhaps not.:D

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Think you're missing a 'com' in that sentence Sir. Although if you are standing just off screen on your avatar photo perhaps not.:D

In my off screen case, that would be a dot com

• Like 1

Former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Monday announced that her eldest sonRonald Brewer, had died unexpectedly over the weekend. 

He was 54.  Brewer already lost one of her three sons, John Brewer, to cancer in 2007. 

The cause of Ronald Brewer's death was not immediately clear. The obituary said only that he had died in his sleep Saturday in Phoenix, and a family representative did not comment further.

"My Three One Sons"
SC

Edit: This seemed kinda important: "Ronald Brewer had dealt with mental illness for decades, spending much of his life in a state-funded mental-health facility after being found not guilty by reason of insanity in a 1989 sexual-assault case."

6 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Frances Taylor Davis, the first wife of Miles Davis, has died.  She was 89.

https://www.essence.com/celebrity/frances-taylor-davis-first-wife-miles-davis-dies/

Reminds me I still want to watch the documentary on his second wife Betty Davis that came out this year.