Death in Vegas

Time Added

Aldershot defending legent Ray Dean (256 games/ever present for three seasons in the early seventies) featured in a Horizon programme about people battling cancer. His serious illness was treated with a revolutionary new radiation technique of bombarding it from many angles, ensuring a high dose of radiation on the cancer and low doses to other body tissues. Appeared to have a major beneficial affect.

• Like 1

Are heart attacks the new snoods? :referee:

Apparently so. Livorno midfielder Pieromario Morosini, who was an Italian U21 international just a few years ago, has died of cardiac arrest during a Serie B match against Pescara. Livorno fans will be flying their Chairman Mao banners at half-mast at the next game surely.

All Italian football has been suspended for the week.

Eddie May

The former Cardiff City manager has died aged 68.

Spurs defence died a death today 15th april 2012 R.I.P

Fabrice Muamba just discharged from hospital. So...is there a supporter of a bitter rival to Bolton so deranged that s/he would creep up behind him and explode a previously inflated paper bag?

A balloon would do

York City legend Arthur Bottom has died aged 82.

He scored 105 goals in 158 appearances.

Steve Perryman, legendary Spurs defender and now Director of Football at Exeter City, either "critically ill with pneumonia and blood poisoning" or "sitting up in bed chatting to his wife", depending on who you talk to.

Steve Perryman collapsed during the second half of Exeter's game with Sheff Utd this afternoon and was taken to hospital, where he is apparently in a "comfortable" condition. No online news sources have reported this yet, but I witnessed the events take place. He was conscious again when he was taken to the ambulance, so hopefully he'll be OK.

George Knobel

The manager of the Netherlands between 1974 and 1976 has died aged 89.

George Knobel

The manager of the Netherlands between 1974 and 1976 has died aged 89.

Crap! I have his (remote) successor Kees Rijvers on my DDP theme team. Completely forgot about Knobel. Oh well, more than half a year left.

regards,

Hein

Yesterday, former Racing Santander and Sporting Gijon coach Manuel Preciado Rebolledo signed a contract to make him manager of Villareal for the upcoming season, hoping to take them back to the top flight.

Today, he keeled over and died.

Now that's what you call a contract for life.

Yesterday, former Racing Santander and Sporting Gijon coach Manuel Preciado Rebolledo signed a contract to make him manager of Villareal for the upcoming season, hoping to take them back to the top flight.

Today, he keeled over and died.

Now that's what you call a contract for life.

The guy was dealt a pretty bum hand in life. According to Wikipedia:

In 2002, Preciado's wife died from cancer. Two years later, his 15-year old son (one of two the couple had) was killed in a car crash. He later claimed about the incidents: "I could have shot myself or I could have carried on".

On 20 April 2011, Preciado's father, also named Manuel, died after being run over in Santander

La Liga top scorer in 1948 and 1952, who was occasionally wheeled out in front of the cameras to shake hands with whichever overpriced Galactico Real had signed that week, Pahino has died at 89.

Former Greek coach, who took them to their first European championships and World Cup Alketas Panagoulias, has died aged 78.

• Like 1