Sign in to follow this  
Handrejka

Hey Teacher, Leave Them Kids Alone

I teach Religious Education, I hope that this site is still running in many years time (im only 27 so am hoping to be around for a long time) and that I get a mention on this thread when I finnaly shuffle off. It would be such an honour!

Just as long as you don't teach English.

Ditto to you TAFKAG -- there's nothing wrong with years.

Oh, the hypocracy... Let's call it a draw, Jermaine.

You obviously missed the point of that and this post entirely, which, quite ironically, proves it.

So you meant it in a 'word-play context', did you? Fine, I'll believe you.

It was 7th grade when I lived up to a daring bet. The room was electric.

I took the f****n plastic fork with cream cheese and pin-pointed it at the leather purse which belonged to a teacher who acted and looked like an owl. My aim was professional and right in that leather purse went the flipping fork covered with cream cheese. The room roared with excitement as fists were being thrown up in the air.

... a teacher who acted and looked like an owl.

I bet that class was a hoot.

• Like 1

It appears that a certain Mr Harvey has been a tad over-enthusiastic in his attempts to maintain discipline.

Violent murder - it's the only language kids today understand.

It appears that a certain Mr Harvey has been a tad over-enthusiastic in his attempts to maintain discipline.

Sounds like the wee bastard deserved a smack (although smashing in his skull with a weight may be a tad too far).

I think the teacher should be let off. He would have the best behaved class in the school.

Sounds like the wee bastard deserved a smack (although smashing in his skull with a weight may be a tad too far).

I think the teacher should be let off. He would have the best behaved class in the school.

We dont know the whole story and probably never will.

Funny that. I was just this minute dwelling on what a horrible evil old bag my teacher in Primary 6/7 was, and then someone resurrects trhis old thread.

And this morning I was thinking about Nikolai Tesla for no particular reason, only to discover on tuning into Google that today is his birthday.

Two coincidences in one day.

Three in fact, since the first two coincidences also coincided.

I remember not very well some of my phys ed teachers.

There was the absolute lunatic one who looked like a gorilla. No I am serious he was covered in thick dark hair. He wore eyeglasses and looked a bit fat around his arms, legs and waist. He was a fairly sadistic sort of man to some although except for when he would hang me on the coat hooks ((by the belt loops)) he tended to leave me alone. Mr.Halbot or Halbert or Hal something. He also executed the school honor guards

program. He was also in charge of the bullhorn in the lunch cavern ((we ate in the auditorium). It's been more than 40 years he may be dead by now.

Bobrowski was a little better but he was intoo subjecting young boys to his rants. He would then require a basketball playoff to determine who would have to climb the ropes to change the lightbulbs ((it was a poverty stricken school and they had no ladders).

Only just looked at this thread! Ah yes, schooldays, the best days of your life...

One of my old teachers, who sadly passed away this time last year, got an obit in the Times Online - quite impressive, but well deserved as he was a local legend.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/line_and_le...-bayes-rip.html

But talking of PE sadists teachers, we had one - the aptly nicknamed "Piggy" Minns, who obviously modelled himself on Brian Glover's character in "Kes." He'd decide which football/hockey/thugby team he'd play on as well as being the referee, and if you were on the opposing team, you could expect to get injured by Piggy's huge bulk charging at you. There was a rumour circulating at the time that Piggy's wife left him for one of the history teachers because she was fed up with him wanting his "conjugal entitlements" dressed in a Spiderman costume...don't know if the rumours were true but I'd like to think they were.....

Just two of a vast host of characters from my schooldays.....

Two teachers at my old Comprehensive passed away with no such obit.

One committed suicide and one drank himself to death.

Thats what happens when you decide to teach at a Basildon Comprehensive.

No coincidence that they both taught you then?

Cheeky mare!

Actually only one of them did and that was Music.......which i f'ucking hated.

Cheeky mare!

Actually only one of them did and that was Music.......which i f'ucking hated.

We had the same music teacher throughout secondary school - Mrs Alderman. Varicose veins and a miserable old bitch to boot. I actually would have enjoyed music lessons if it weren't for that old bag.

There was another one called Mr Somerville, nicknamed Teddy Bear, because he looked like a teddy bear. All fat and round and cuddly and with a microphone hairstyle. He came to the first year camp with us and knelt in a cowpat in grey cord trousers when kneeling to help us fold our tent up.

Hmm...one of my old music teachers (who at the time of this was teaching at a different school) was in the news recently for all the wrong reasons...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/T...ton_Behind_Bars

He's not dead, but I'd say his career is. Shame - he taught me all I know about Mussorgsky. Mind you, 6 months at Her Majesty's is a bit harsh...

We also had a French/German teacher who used to turn up to lessons either drunk or hungover and would sit there belching and flicking snot at people. He left around 1989 and I've recently heard that he now walks the streets of Frinton on Sea wearing women's clothing.

And yet, my old school had an excellent reputation...

Sir Creep's old Junior High School math(s) teacher is worth a reboot for this rebootable thread.
How many of your teachers have been MURDERED.  

Backstory (circa ~ 1977): Richard ‘Dick’ DeVries a nice enough man, but as I got older and thinking about it, a wee too nice.  He was coach of girls basketball.  But apart from that all us kids would go to the pizza parlour after our (American) football game on Friday night, and under the guise of 'chaperoning', a 40-year old teacher would sit with us 13-15 year old kids.  Yeah.... like I said, back then it was 'Hi Mr. DeVries!" but upon review.... a bit creepy.

Fast Forward (June 2004)Richard DeVries was stabbed to death in his Livonia condominium.  The slaying, Livonia's (MI) first murder since 2001, went undetected for days, until DeVries' absence at a fundraiser for a college scholarship fund, for which he had purchased an advance ticket, caused his friends and colleagues to become concerned. On June 8 the college dispatched a public safety officer to DeVries' condo, where his body had lain in wait in his bedroom for four days.

"The 64-year-old educator befriended 21-year-old Jamaal Coney, a former Navy sailor.  Not much is known about the relationship between the two men, save for the fact that it wasn't at any sporting event or college fundraiser that the two met.  The two men had been seen around Detroit at several spots popular with the LGBT community, including Diamond Jim's Saloon on the West Side.  Authorities believe that Coney had been staying with DeVries for at least several days before the fatal stabbing and quickly surmised the two had had a sexual relationship."

SirC

• Like 1

On 17/07/2009 at 21:43, thefunkyfaz said:

Hmm...one of my old music teachers (who at the time of this was teaching at a different school) was in the news recently for all the wrong reasons...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/T...ton_Behind_Bars

He's not dead, but I'd say his career is. Shame - he taught me all I know about Mussorgsky. Mind you, 6 months at Her Majesty's is a bit harsh...

We also had a French/German teacher who used to turn up to lessons either drunk or hungover and would sit there belching and flicking snot at people. He left around 1989 and I've recently heard that he now walks the streets of Frinton on Sea wearing women's clothing.

And yet, my old school had an excellent reputation...

My old French teacher made the news a few years back for all the wrong reasons. Appropriately enough, the report is from touch fm.

My old school got turned into an City Technical College (remember them) and is now an academy.

No online evidence trail and all a while ago but my old woodwork teacher had a habit of vanishing off to the cupboard to help boys select appropriate wood for their next job. Around the time he ran his hands through my hair I decided making one pair of drumsticks over an entire term was a good idea and took my revenge by taking a mallet to his wrapped chocolate biscuit whist he was off in the cupboard with another kid.

Said teacher left quite quickly and not much was said, no big presentation in assemby etc.

Looks like some folk on here attended St Ewart Hall. ;)

• Like 1

We had a new music teacher start one September. He disappeared within a few weeks under unexplained circumstances, and was later spotted running a burger van.

More recently a school matron was jailed a week or two ago for offences she committed with teenage boys back in the early 1980s. Not sure whether it was at my secondary school, the adjoining one, a local fee-paying middle school, or a residential special school.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the right thread, but just found out one of my old primary school teachers died last month. I'm quite sad about it really as he was a good bloke and I have fond memories of him. 

I was actually back home when his funeral was on, but didn't know otherwise I would have gone.

R.I.P Mr H. 

• Like 4

Just found out another former teacher of mine has died, secondary school this time. He was another good sort and will be missed. R.I.P Mr P.

@maryportfuncity  Turns out he's from your part of the world. 

• Sad 1

I was wondering if there was any information on the whereabouts of Colleen McCabe, the former nun who became a headmistress and was jailed for stealing £500k of her school’s budget by using a corporate credit card.    The trail seems to have gone very cold since her release from prison in late 2005.   She was rather heavy set at the time of her conviction and would be in her 70s now.

I did wonder if she might have re-entered a convent.

She was played by Pauline Quirke in a BBC drama about her misdeeds