Sign in to follow this  
Octopus of Odstock

2009 DDP

If we tie does it end in a tie? There can't be any other way and I'm sure Mr. Odstock agrees with me. It will be a very controversial close to the DDP if it should happen.

Nope, there will be a winner, and I don't agree with you....and it won't be controversial, it'll be the same rules that it's always been.... If the scores are equal at the top, then the team with the lowest average age wins. At the moment, Tonight Matthew looks in a good position hence with Mehsud's death.

It's on the rules page - in black & white (or rather white & black!)

By the way, some of you will get an update email, some of you won't because my stupid server only allows a certain amount of emails to be sent a day. So, some of you will get the reminder email for next year & the update tomorrow, but the update for Pavle, Woodward & O'Connor has been done.

PS There will be a exciting new announcement before the 2010 game opens!

The personality of Banshees Scream has collided with that of Rotten Ali.

Bit harsh that Winnie.

Can't say I noticed any BS stylee outbursts as Ali and I quaffed ale at the weekend.

My DDP team has now risen to second place and I've topped the 100 point mark which is somewhat impressive. Win or lose, I've put my competitive nature to the test. There have been some outstanding teams this year and I have certainly learned something new each time around.

I'm very hyped about this new year coming along and I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that. The gravely ill Abdelbaset Al Megrahi seems like he'll survive into the year twenty ten 2010 and that closes a door on NNIGN's chances. Could this be anybody's game? The death of Sturanovic or Uttley will propel my team to the grandest position of them all. The death of Edwin Morgan or Ariel Sharon would tie me with Matthew. If we tie does it end in a tie? There can't be any other way and I'm sure Mr. Odstock agrees with me. It will be a very controversial close to the DDP if it should happen.

Time will tell us all.

Good luck in your quest to get to the top of the pile Banshees. It's quite a view from up there, I can tell you..

As I sure Football Fan can also vouch, winning the DDP is a life changing experience. The fame, the kudos and the glory, the invites to celebrity events, the trophy to adorn your mantelpiece (do you have mantelpieces in New York?), fine wines, marriage proposals, career prospects enhanced by having "DDP Winner" on your CV, press interviews...the list goes on. Are you sure you're ready for the riches this prestigious prize could bring you?

Do you think you're going to win then? Lots of teams breathing down your neck - hopefully Abu Ayyub al-Masri won't piss on your bonfire by committing suicide on Christmas Day. :sicktherm:

My DDP team has now risen to second place and I've topped the 100 point mark which is somewhat impressive. Win or lose, I've put my competitive nature to the test. There have been some outstanding teams this year and I have certainly learned something new each time around.

I'm very hyped about this new year coming along and I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that. The gravely ill Abdelbaset Al Megrahi seems like he'll survive into the year twenty ten 2010 and that closes a door on NNIGN's chances. Could this be anybody's game? The death of Sturanovic or Uttley will propel my team to the grandest position of them all. The death of Edwin Morgan or Ariel Sharon would tie me with Matthew. If we tie does it end in a tie? There can't be any other way and I'm sure Mr. Odstock agrees with me. It will be a very controversial close to the DDP if it should happen.

Time will tell us all.

Good luck in your quest to get to the top of the pile Banshees. It's quite a view from up there, I can tell you..

As I sure Football Fan can also vouch, winning the DDP is a life changing experience. The fame, the kudos and the glory, the invites to celebrity events, the trophy to adorn your mantelpiece (do you have mantelpieces in New York?), fine wines, marriage proposals, career prospects enhanced by having "DDP Winner" on your CV, press interviews...the list goes on. Are you sure you're ready for the riches this prestigious prize could bring you?

Do you think you're going to win then? Lots of teams breathing down your neck - hopefully Abu Ayyub al-Masri won't piss on your bonfire by committing suicide on Christmas Day. :sicktherm:

What about the tractor eating competitions?

The personality of Banshees Scream has collided with that of Rotten Ali.

Bit harsh that Winnie.

Can't say I noticed any BS stylee outbursts as Ali and I quaffed ale at the weekend.

Yes - I'm told that RA is a very nice gentleman.

What I meant was Banshees is going to be even more unbearable now that he has reason to be a smug prick.

I will just continue being the embittered, sore loser. :sicktherm:

Do you think you're going to win then? Lots of teams breathing down your neck - hopefully Abu Ayyub al-Masri won't piss on your bonfire by committing suicide on Christmas Day. :banghead:

The fame and all the glory. Umhm. I would probably decline the vast majority of invitations received unless there was something in it for me. Do they have mantle pieces in New York? I would imagine they do exist in New York and the fine wines sound very tempting. I somehow think a title so prestigious wouldn't enhance my career prospects nor spring opportunities in my direction. I'm in a field where my thoughts are like my GPS and my salary and my life is all decided upon what I create. I kind of need to pretend like I have the social skills of a salesman though. Marriage proposals? Now that would frighten me. I'm too down to earth for any kind of unreasonable commitment\girls who follow their illusions too closely. Press interviews? Maybe one or two. I would have some fun with that, Devon.

The answer is no. It's not beyond the realms of possibility but it seems like a long shot. So close but yet so far as they say. I respect Odstocks rule even as I disagree with it. I honestly like to think it's truly a miracle (from the standpoint of a morbid mind) that Matthew remains in the position he's in. Who is Matthew by the way? I think that I might know who Matthew is. Anyway, the death of Mehsud was almost like a miracle, it was a gamble which ultimately might buy it for him. It's actually more of a miracle for him to catch some glory than it would be for me to top his performance as it stands. Either way, it's been a hell of a year. It is what it is and that's that. We will see what happens. :smiley_f:

Guest Take a guess

Do you think you're going to win then? Lots of teams breathing down your neck - hopefully Abu Ayyub al-Masri won't piss on your bonfire by committing suicide on Christmas Day. :banghead:

The fame and all the glory. Umhm. I would probably decline the vast majority of invitations received unless there was something in it for me. Do they have mantle pieces in New York? I would imagine they do exist in New York and the fine wines sound very tempting. I somehow think a title so prestigious wouldn't enhance my career prospects nor spring opportunities in my direction. I'm in a field where my thoughts are like my GPS and my salary and my life is all decided upon what I create. I kind of need to pretend like I have the social skills of a salesman though. Marriage proposals? Now that would frighten me. I'm too down to earth for any kind of unreasonable commitment\girls who follow their illusions too closely. Press interviews? Maybe one or two. I would have some fun with that, Devon.

The answer is no. It's not beyond the realms of possibility but it seems like a long shot. So close but yet so far as they say. I respect Odstocks rule even as I disagree with it. I honestly like to think it's truly a miracle (from the standpoint of a morbid mind) that Matthew remains in the position he's in. Who is Matthew by the way? I think that I might know who Matthew is. Anyway, the death of Mehsud was almost like a miracle, it was a gamble which ultimately might buy it for him. It's actually more of a miracle for him to catch some glory than it would be for me to top his performance as it stands. Either way, it's been a hell of a year. It is what it is and that's that. We will see what happens. :smiley_f:

And the joke of the year award goes to...

Guest Audrey

Will you marry me?

Back up to 3rd= :devil2: with the passing of Samak Sundaravej

Which is nice.

Going to need another surprise clog-popping or two to trouble the engravers though.

If anyone feels that they can explain to me how - for the love of fish - I missed Patrick bleedin' Swayze this year, then they are welcome to try.

Well done Moosey & Deadsox - this - and Harmel - to be updated on Friday all being well, along with more bits & pieces....

Apologies (all 4000 of them!) accepted...

I should be a bit more considerate at this time. If I was doing the DDP, the prospect of inputting 500 or so entrants as well deciding what is right and what is wrong would have me reaching for the pearly revolver!

So a counter apology for being such an anal twat...

Pearly revolver on standby... :D

I look like finishing 15th in the deadpool this year with 14 hits - a good result (though I missed my joker Joanne Evans who didn't get an obit). The leader has 12 hits at the moment, so although I agree with rewarding younger picks, the random additional points annoy me - dying on the 13th, unnatural, etc.

I look like finishing 15th in the deadpool this year with 14 hits - a good result (though I missed my joker Joanne Evans who didn't get an obit). The leader has 12 hits at the moment, so although I agree with rewarding younger picks, the random additional points annoy me - dying on the 13th, unnatural, etc.

Yes, there was a lot of them this year...

Congratulations to Matthew, I'm Badly Torn Boy and bad luck to Banshees. Particulary so when all it needed was one obituary for Uttley to appear.

Well done to everyone & good luck to TMIB for 2010. I'm off for a rest.