Sign in to follow this  
Octopus of Odstock

2009 DDP

If anyone wants a sneak preview of this year's competitions - the scores, teams, who's dead & celeb pages are up:

HOWEVER:

Due to a submission problem, there are still around 40 or so teams who are to be added on at the next update.

A lot of the 2008/2009 crossover needs finishing, the front page needs changing & the team placings need confirming & changing too.

Time is at a premium between now & Tuesday, but I will endeavour, having got this far, to finish off the whole initial process on Tuesday, and then it's onto pics/hyperlinks/bios the usual...

Well done OoO, good work!!

I'm sorry to tell the teams that picked Alfonso Antoniozzi, the opera singer who was supposed to be ill with pancreatic cancer, that the story might have been a hoax and he's believed to be as fit as a fiddle. I suppose I should have made a post on DL before the year ended to clarify this, but I was kind of interested to see how many teams would take the gamble....

Just a suggestion Octopus...

How about acknowledgement of the best player of the month...

Cheers.

I think there should be a vote for best team name - mine goes to I Kissed A Corpse And I Liked It - I rarely 'laugh out loud' but I did at that - the second time I've laughed today, in fact. Actually, the third, but one of them was at one of my own jokes.

I think there should be a vote for best team name - mine goes to I Kissed A Corpse And I Liked It - I rarely 'laugh out loud' but I did at that - the second time I've laughed today, in fact. Actually, the third, but one of them was at one of my own jokes.

While flicking through the mostly done teams, I came across Hippoposthumous, which I thought was funny...

The picture used for Katie Boyle actually shows Heidi Brühl (Eurovision Germany 1963). Otherwise, bravo!

I haven't actually looked at the team names....but I doubt there is one funnier than this...very god ! :ph34r:

That was the one that stood out for me too.

There are a lot of breaking news articles about my DDP joker Eluana Englaro, however they are all in Italian, so I'm not really sure what's happening. I think this one seems to suggest something is going to happen in two or three days, but quite what is going to happen, I have no idea. If she dies soon, there will be a new leader on the DDP...

Any Italian speakers on DL?

There are a lot of breaking news articles about my DDP joker Eluana Englaro, however they are all in Italian, so I'm not really sure what's happening. I think this one seems to suggest something is going to happen in two or three days, but quite what is going to happen, I have no idea.

No speako italiano I'm afraid, but you could try Babelfish to get a loose idea on what's happening.

Good spot, hope it works out for you...

Update; Don't bother, I've tried it and it makes no sense to me!

There are a lot of breaking news articles about my DDP joker Eluana Englaro, however they are all in Italian, so I'm not really sure what's happening. I think this one seems to suggest something is going to happen in two or three days, but quite what is going to happen, I have no idea.

No speako italiano I'm afraid, but you could try Babelfish to get a loose idea on what's happening.

Good spot, hope it works out for you...

Update; Don't bother, I've tried it and it makes no sense to me!

Hmm, I see you what mean:

"Between 2 or 3 days, the nursing home Citta 'di Udine decide' whether to agree to the suspension Eluana Food artificiale.Lo reveals the ad stressing that at the moment are at the mercy between you 'and no, because 'there are perplexities' one way and another. You are considering the consequences that might be there for the clinic if it were not implemented the act address Sacconi, who defines' illegal 'suspension of processing of nutrition and hydration."

It could have come from the pen of Banshees Scream.

Probably something to do with this.

Guest Fantasma Filippo Drabble
There are a lot of breaking news articles about my DDP joker Eluana Englaro, however they are all in Italian, so I'm not really sure what's happening. I think this one seems to suggest something is going to happen in two or three days, but quite what is going to happen, I have no idea. If she dies soon, there will be a new leader on the DDP...

Si si si, there is to be verdict whether is illegal to stop her artificial feeding in preparation for big tractor eating competition taking place in Devon in next days :skull::lol::banghead: .

Si si si, there is to be verdict whether is illegal to stop her artificial feeding in preparation for big tractor eating competition taking place in Devon in next days :skull::lol::banghead: .

But they did all that last year and decided it was OK to take her tubes out. I thought all legal avenues had been exhausted, that's why I picked her.

This is going to be like when I picked one of the Bali bombers as my joker, cancer is so much more reliable than the judiciary.

Don't think your link has much to do with all the Italian news stories that have broken in the last few hours, Windsor.

Devon, I can speak a little bit of Italian but not very well. I think what it says is that she isn't going to live very long but a raid of protesters are trying to have their voices heard. I wouldn't worry about it.

Guest Delivered in 30 minutes

Devon, I can speak a little bit of Italian but not very well. I think what it says is that she isn't going to live very long but a raid of protesters are trying to have their voices heard. I wouldn't worry about it.

Quattro Formaggi

Margherita

Napoletana...

Devon, I can speak a little bit of Italian but not very well. I think what it says is that she isn't going to live very long but a raid of protesters are trying to have their voices heard.

I can read a little bit of Italian but not very well. I can see that that's not what it says, though.

Both from a bit biased sources, but at least in English.

http://www.lifenews.com/bio2699.html

A group of more than 700 doctors in Italy have signed their names to a letter supporting Eluana Englaro's right to life. Her father won the right from court to take her life by pulling out her feeding tube, but a standoff has ensued following the hospital where she was treated refused to do so.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/jan/09011301.html

ROME, January 13, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) – An open letter by doctors, circulated before Christmas, asking that Eluana Englaro be spared death by dehydration has grown from 44 to over 700 signatures. The letter says that physicians have a “professional and scientific duty” to provide hydration and nutrition to a patient who is not capable of feeding himself.

Interesting... the mid-January Llewellyn/Mortimer/Hart trifecta with the Morph-wrangler as my joker has hoist me up to second behind our new-found Russian chum. As ever, it's a good start for me which is bound to go into a mid-season slump and tail-off into mediocrity.

OoO seems mighty confident that his joker will die this year: he's already got Pete Arundell listed as dead and awaiting obit.

Let's see if we can find one for him...

I reckon there was a bit of 'Insider' knowledge about that one...;)

Still alive according to Wikipedia.

....Unless of course he has added that last sentence to the wrong person, namely Aarne Arvonen!

The Fin was mentioned in the email so....

our new-found Russian chum

His deadpooling skills are truly awesome. Is anyone gonna grass him as one who might have hung around under another name? have no insider knowledge here but, is he - like - Tempus or someone?