Saint Peter

Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi

This thing should have died in prison. All the deaths in The Deathlists since inception don't add up to the number of innocent lives taken by this excuse for a human being and yet he sits in the Libyan sun & will die a free man.

Amen to that.

You realise that his guilt is very much debated? Don't be too bloodthirsty, I very much hope for a new DL-success, but I'm no longer sure he 'deserves' anything horrid like this.

This thing should have died in prison. All the deaths in The Deathlists since inception don't add up to the number of innocent lives taken by this excuse for a human being and yet he sits in the Libyan sun & will die a free man.

Amen to that.

So locking him up, isolated from the world to die miserably will make everything ok?

Well, if you ever get terminal cancer you know where to go on holiday.

I seriously doubt he did this! Too much circumstantial evidence.

I'm sure that he is a saint! Let him move to your house.

I would welcome him into my house. How can anyone be found guilty without a jury?

* There's no such thing as saints.

Are you a Walsall fan?

I would welcome him into my house. How can anyone be found guilty without a jury?

* There's no such thing as saints.

So I guess anybody convicted by the ICC at the Hague are not guilty either. Either way...lets give him a jury trial...send him to the US so we can give him a jury trial here. Who knows maybe we can make a sweatheart deal for oil with Libya as well.

His future is of course 'in God's hands', but Al-Megrahi is 'better than ever', according to Saif Gadaffi, the lunatic colonel's son.

Better than ever?! That's not looking good from a DL-perspective, OR Saif Gadaffi is a big fat liar.

He's certainly less colourful than his brothers Hannibal, who is most notable for being

involved in a series of violent incidents throughout Europe. In 2001, Hannibal attacked three Italian policemen with a fire extinguisher; in September 2004, he was briefly detained in Paris after driving a Porsche at 90 mph in the wrong direction and through red lights down the Champs-Élysées while intoxicated; and in 2005, Hannibal in Paris allegedly beat model and then girlfriend Alin Skaf, who later filed an assault suit against him. He was fined and given a four month suspended prison sentence after this incident. In December 2009 police were called to Claridges Hotel in London after staff heard a scream from Hannibal's room. Aline Skaf, now his wife, was found to have suffered facial injuries including a broken nose, but charges were not pressed after she maintained she had sustained the injuries in a fall.

or Saadi, the chap that used to be a professional 'football player' - which means that he bought a smashing total of ten minutes of playtime during his four-year-carreer with Udinese, Perugia and Sampdoria.

His future is of course 'in God's hands', but Al-Megrahi is 'better than ever', according to Saif Gadaffi, the lunatic colonel's son.

Better than ever?! That's not looking good from a DL-perspective, OR Saif Gadaffi is a big fat liar.

He's certainly less colourful than his brothers Hannibal, who is most notable for being

involved in a series of violent incidents throughout Europe. In 2001, Hannibal attacked three Italian policemen with a fire extinguisher; in September 2004, he was briefly detained in Paris after driving a Porsche at 90 mph in the wrong direction and through red lights down the Champs-Élysées while intoxicated; and in 2005, Hannibal in Paris allegedly beat model and then girlfriend Alin Skaf, who later filed an assault suit against him. He was fined and given a four month suspended prison sentence after this incident. In December 2009 police were called to Claridges Hotel in London after staff heard a scream from Hannibal's room. Aline Skaf, now his wife, was found to have suffered facial injuries including a broken nose, but charges were not pressed after she maintained she had sustained the injuries in a fall.

or Saadi, the chap that used to be a professional 'football player' - which means that he bought a smashing total of ten minutes of playtime during his four-year-carreer with Udinese, Perugia and Sampdoria.

What a nice bunch of chaps they are. I'll bet their mother is very proud of them all. I wonder which one's the favourite.

What a nice bunch of chaps they are. I'll bet their mother is very proud of them all. I wonder which one's the favourite.

I reckon Maggie Thatcher's probably envious of Mr & Mrs Gaddafi.

Is this coffin dodging twat still alive? Come on... his 3 months to live must be up by now. Is Libya the new Florida Keys for bombers to retire???? Maybe Osama is chilling out by the Med as well, both supping goats milk shakes and listening to waves crash in.

Did I just say crash?

We seem to have missed noting that earlier this week he refused to let others see his medical records. This decision came about in response to some people in Scotland organising themselves to request sight of the documents, obviously keen to make sense of the limited life he - apparently - had left when sprung from jail.

It strikes me we're looking at a case of someone who seems much less ill because he isn't having any more chemotherapy.

He could also be feeling great, particularly if he's pumped full of morphine. It doesn't necessarily mean he has long to live.

Scotland should definitely ask for him back if he lasts a year. Libya could use the deck chair for the half term holiday season rush anyway. Assuming he's actually not rollerblading up and down the promanade. He might actually need a new challenge to keep the recovery going. I hear the winds hitting Peterhead from the North Sea are pretty bracing.

Scotland should definitely ask for him back if he lasts a year. Libya could use the deck chair for the half term holiday season rush anyway. Assuming he's actually not rollerblading up and down the promanade. He might actually need a new challenge to keep the recovery going. I hear the winds hitting Peterhead from the North Sea are pretty bracing.

It was a Scottish court that set him free, not the Kirkaldy branch of Marks & Spencer. "Past his die-by-date? No problem sir, would you like to change him for something else - a shop-soiled Alex Salmond perhaps?"

Actually if it were M&S running the show they would at least chuck in few extras to make up for the piss poor performance... hmmm where do we start? G. Brown, A Darling and for bonus loyalty card points T Blair. We'll even throw in the old geezer who ran the Commons last year... now snoring in a wing backed red chair on full pension.

it's the anniversary of Culloden next month. I wonder if Alex Salmon will want a public apology from London? Remember without North Sea oil England would be nothing. The Stewarts actually discovered oil it in 1744 and the imperial sassenachs stole it. Not a lot of people know that. Just Alex

it's the anniversary of Culloden next month. I wonder if Alex Salmon will want a public apology from London? Remember without North Sea oil England would be nothing. The Stewarts actually discovered oil it in 1744 and the imperial sassenachs stole it. Not a lot of people know that. Just Alex

There are a few tartan terrorists online these days who would be very interested in your theory. Just read all the comments under the political articles in the Scotsman Online.

I have been called a bad Scot, a traitor, a turncoat and accused of being brainwashed by Westminster. They see my degree in history as nothing more than futher state indoctrination. They know the truth where I have been taught lies. They believe Alex Salmond to be some sort of God!

End of rant.

Al-megrahi is 58 today and is "celebrating at home with family" and some reports say he could live for 5 more years, darn.

Lockerbie bomber to die ‘within next month’

Sikora, who is being regularly updated by a doctor in Tripoli, said Megrahi’s cancer had spread from his prostate to his kidneys, liver, pelvis and lymph nodes. "I say he will be dead within four weeks,” said Sikora. “My understanding is that he’s bed-bound, at home, not going to the hospital, receiving palliative care and no active treatment at all.”

I don't make comments like this often, but I have a message for all those who are living in doubt.

Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi is done for someday

Sikora, who is being regularly updated by a doctor in Tripoli, said Megrahi’s cancer had spread from his prostate to his kidneys, liver, pelvis and lymph nodes. "I say he will be dead within four weeks,” said Sikora. “My understanding is that he’s bed-bound, at home, not going to the hospital, receiving palliative care and no active treatment at all.”

Well the link to it seems to be already dead.

Edit: nevermind it was my computer which was dead.

Well done DDT.

Getting a 404 on it - just shows it's good to get a cut and paste of the best bit.

Good good. I've got a side bet on with my missus and was getting a bit gloomy about Al-megrahi's longevity. I can wait a month for a slap-up meal at her expense. But I won't wait a day longer - else Patrick Moore could pop it and then I'll be forking out!