Sign in to follow this  
Boudicca

President (recumbent) Barack Obama

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A South Carolina Roman Catholic priest has told his parishioners that they should refrain from receiving Holy Communion if they voted for Barack Obama because the Democratic president-elect supports abortion, and supporting him "constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil."

Big deal, so they don't get communion. As far as I can tell, it's just a bit of styrofoam wafer and a tenth of a thimble of $3 wine you drink out of the same filthy cup as a bunch of religious loonies, while some teenage boy fondling weirdo pats you on the head.

I'd have gone for Private Frazer meself...

Ann Nixon Cooper, 106, was the woman named in Barack Obama's acceptance speech back on November 4th. Obama used her lifespan as an example of one who lived to see some of the most dramatic changes in society durning the passed century or so. She will get the recognition if somebody wants to take a chance on her. You might get her as a ghost pick.

Ann Nixon Cooper, 106, was the woman named in Barack Obama's acceptance speech back on November 4th. Obama used her lifespan as an example of one who lived to see some of the most dramatic changes in society durning the passed century or so. She will get the recogition if somebody wants to take a chance on her. You might get her as a ghost pick.

I hope she wasn't the reason you were so keen to get rid of Bevel?

I think I suggested her a couple of months ago after Obama's speech.

No, not at all. I just didn't expect Bevel to live so long. I also thought pancreatic cancer was a suitable punishment for the crimes he committed. If he were still living he would still be on there. Everything is always bound to change. Susan Atkins will probably be the next to go.

No, not at all. I just didn't expect Bevel to live so long. I also thought pancreatic cancer was a suitable punishment for the crimes he committed. If he were still living he would still be on there. Everything is always bound to change. Susan Atkins will probably be the next to go.

Indeed. But hopefully after the 1st January!

Do I read this as "hopefully after the 1st January".....but preferably ON the 1st January? <_<

Do I read this as "hopefully after the 1st January".....but preferably ON the 1st January? :unsure:

She could die on the 1st January or 31st December 2009 or any date in between. I'm not too fussy... (unless dying on the 1st January counts as party pooping?).

Do I read this as "hopefully after the 1st January".....but preferably ON the 1st January? :unsure:

She could die on the 1st January or 31st December 2009 or any date in between. I'm not too fussy... (unless dying on the 1st January counts as party pooping?).

Be quite nice if she died on 13th January.

This is the new place to discuss Mr. Obama.

There was an old one? How'd I miss it?

Anyway he's on vacation in a 50 room mansion on the quiet side of the island and is scheduled to take on the sombererity of his grandmothers memorial this week. He paid for the mansion however the tax payers paid for the airfare. The talking heads of television say that nobody can object since he always vacations there---well in that case why are we paying the airfare for him, his wife and children and dozens of secret service persons? At the very least he should pay his own way.

Wow, they shot him!!! ;)

Nah, not bloody likely...

When Mr Obama was nominated in August, the Secret Service placed its biggest order for bulletproof glass: about five tonnes of “transparent armour” covered in four layers of plastic to withstand bullets, chemicals and flames. As well as the Secret Service there will be 42,500 members of the police, the military, the FBI, the National Guard and other security bodies on duty, with fighter jets patrolling the skies

Posting tasteless shite is fine; this is Deathlist , after all. But next time, Tafskank, at least try to be faintly amusing.

Thank you.

Just heard on the radio that the security services are investigating a plan to assassinate Obama with undertimed creditability

George H. W. Bush was hobbling about a bit and walking with a stick.

Not as healthy looking as I thought he would be.

George H. W. Bush was hobbling about a bit and walking with a stick.

Not as healthy looking as I thought he would be.

He did look a bit awkward

He was a bit nervous, wasn't he?

I'm not surprised though.

It's been said that the American people see themselves in Obama, but apparently that's the plexiglass...

I was mesmorised by Aretha Franklin's hat, I think she borrowed that one from Patti LaBelle

Obama is throwing a 160 million dollar party on the taxpayer's dime and only the special people are invited. He ought to be arrested.

Re the Holy Spigit, the French were keen to note that he seemed to slip up on the word "faithful".

And yes Harry, I am a little disgusted at the money thrown at this show, I mean inauguration, considering the current global crisis. Being European I am all for the get the newbie in asap and ask the deposed departing head of state to hand over their keys and to shut the door on their way out, P45 or equivalent in hand. No frills, no fuss just tell them to get on with the job they were elected for, sod pomp and circumstance.

Good to see he mentioned the healthy mix of religions and non-believers in his speech and promptly followed with about 5 references to God (as in bless America). Anyway I do hope he really does make a difference... The first politician to actually act upon his well scripted thought out words would be a start.

Some are born cynical, some achieve cynicalness and other just think all politicians are a crock of sh*t.

Whilst on the subject of Shakespeare could anyone tell me if he misquoted the bard? Didn't he say something like now is the winter of our hardship and not discontent? It was a bit difficult to follow with the French translator wittering on and trying to keep up, I may have misheard.

ACT I

SCENE I. London. A street.

Enter GLOUCESTER, solus

GLOUCESTER Now is the winter of our discontent

Made glorious summer by this sun of York;

etc., etc., etc...

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Actually, the Chief Justice screwed it up, not Obama. They both got confused after Roberts misquoted the center portion of the oath.

I was taken by the fact Obama said in his address, 44 Americans had now taken the Oath of office!

For sure it is noted he is the 44th President but Glover Cleveland was both the 22nd and 24th President (the only one to serve two non-consecutive terms) so that means only 43 Americans have taken the Oath of Office!

Ah-har, Got-you!!!

See, and I'm not per'dantic in any way!