Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

I did notice last month that he tweeted he was dying. Admittedly, it's cases like these that make me wish I was more in the know on wrestling. Figuring out his career in itself wasn't obitworthy was no problem, but whether he'll get one through being a Hart is something I'll be humming and hawing over.

I did notice last month that he tweeted he was dying. Admittedly, it's cases like these that make me wish I was more in the know on wrestling. Figuring out his career in itself wasn't obitworthy was no problem, but whether he'll get one through being a Hart is something I'll be humming and hawing over.

I think when it comes to the Harts and obits:

Bret Hart is a no-brainer. Diana Hart Smith should be due to her status as widow of The British Bulldog (a man who made the BBC news in 2002, lest we forget). TJ Wilson, Nattie Niedhart, Teddy Hart all would if it were a requirement any time soon due to age, the family "curse" and side stories (Wilson surviving the Christopher Reeve neck break, Teddy being properly insane) that would give it good copy. Jim Neidhart, Nattie's dad, should as he was a big name in the Hogan era. Smith and Bruce Hart - Bret's older brothers - are less well known, but still visible enough, one way or another, for journalists to have heard of them. Smith is your typical "promising young athlete turns to hedonism and pisses away their career with demons" story.

The rest (Georgia, Ellie, Keith, Wayne, Allison, Ross - Stu and Helen Hart had a LOT of kids) I'd be less assured of, they're less involved in the public eye, and you'd be reliant on a "Bret Hart mourns sibling" type story.

With Smith, you have that, plus the references to the untimely deaths of Owen Hart, Dean Hart, Bulldog, and even the kid who died in the 90s (plus they can bring the 9/11 angle with Helen's death), and they get to print stories like the time he no showed a booking in the US to get boozed up instead and as a result Bret subbed in for him and got his first break over there. Or how he tried to promote the son of Chris Benoit as a wrestling star. Or a 100 wayward stories.

But then, I'd have assumed a QO for Nick Bockwinkel.

• Like 1

Probably nothing, but Vince McMahon has missed the last two weeks of TV. He's also not expected at next weeks which brings his title of missed weeks to 4 this year. This might not seem odd, but Vince is a control freak workaholic. I'd say await more news, but as the man is phobic of sneezing (as he sees it as a sign of weakness), if there IS anything wrong, first we're likely to know is the obits.

I wouldn't be surprised if once he croaks, he leaves amount of shares in his will to where neither of his kids have enough % control the company and their is a genuine power play btwn Steph and Hunter vs Shane. Almost as a way to control conflict and fighting btwn kids from beyond the grave. Being 70 and spending several decades on the juice and is said to almost never sleep,even if he doesn't have any immediate health issues he is someone I would be shocked if he made it to 80,even 75 might be a stretch.

Not one to trouble the mainstream obituary writers, but 29-year-old German pro-wrestler Karsten Beck has been diagnosed with a brain tumour .

Who could forget her cage match with Arn Anderson at Starcade 89?

• Like 3

How is she wrestling related?

• Like 1

I am pretty sure she is Big Boss Man's mother

The thread says actors

Yes, as a disparaging comment about pro-wrestling back in the day. Not so you can use the thread to post the death of any no name fart with no connection to pro-wrestling.

• Like 1

OK I went ahead and read this entire obit. She won a Stockholm beauty contest, was an actress, played in reality TV. Lots of thread options, maybe a couple catch-alls (Dead of 2016). Wrestling, though, seems to have eluded her resume. But here she is.

​SC

• Like 1

I am pretty sure she is Big Boss Man's mother

With the last name, of Hall, you'd think that she'd be Scott Hall's Mom.

Don't crucify the messenger.
​Article pops up today and says he died Aug 22. But article dated April 2016 so maybe Aug 22 2015? Google/Wiki was/were not my friend/friends.

Dennis Kasprowicz, aka Denny Kass, one of the New Fabulous Kangaroos, died August 22 at the age of 59. By day, he was an employee of the Ford Motor Company. LOL love that tidbit. He was from Detroit, who knew?
​SC

Edit: Says he was 59 and born Aug 27 1956, so math tells me this just happened.

Always had One Man Gang down as an inevitable "open up the internet one day to find he's dead of a heart attack" type, so I was excited to find this GoFundMe campaign for him. However he's fine healthwise, it's just his house has been destroyed by the Louisiana floods.

He had health issues, iirc, about 15 years ago, and had to take early retirement from his real life job of working in a prison more recently.

Aww, that's a shame. (But strangely unsurprising, he looked out of it at his HOF and that was a while ago now...)

It is a sad loss, but at the same time, hit #7 for me. :/

Dennis Stamp, 65, is suffering from advanced stages of cancer and has been in Intensive care at a hospital in Amarillo.

Chances of getting an obituary in an English national newspaper are approximately 0.00001%, but never forget his contribution to cinema history:

"]

Cancer's back. Current media landscape I give him 4/10 chance of getting an QO.

Dennis Stamp, 65, is suffering from advanced stages of cancer and has been in Intensive care at a hospital in Amarillo.

Chances of getting an obituary in an English national newspaper are approximately 0.00001%, but never forget his contribution to cinema history:

"]

Cancer's back. Current media landscape I give him 4/10 chance of getting an QO.

Hope he beats it. Met him when he was in Dundee. Road Warrior Animal was a pure DICK and Dennis Stamp was cool

Frenchy Martin has been admitted to hospice care according to reports, wouldn't hold out much hope for him getting a QO though.