Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Frenchy Martin has been admitted to hospice care according to reports, wouldn't hold out much hope for him getting a QO though.

Glancing at Montreal news, metastatic bone and bladder cancer. So, QO unlikely, but largely irrelevant with the prognosis - he wont see Hallowe'en.

Frenchy Martin has been admitted to hospice care according to reports, wouldn't hold out much hope for him getting a QO though.

Glancing at Montreal news, metastatic bone and bladder cancer. So, QO unlikely, but largely irrelevant with the prognosis - he wont see Hallowe'en.

He is not OK

Lord Littlebrook is the only death I heard about during my hiatus from the internet. What this says about my interests and friends, I'm not sure.

Terry Funk said to be "seriously ill" :(

Via PW Insider (but copied below as that site is bloody awful for pop ups)

As I noted in my coverage of House of Hardcore, Terry Funk, one of the all time best performers in the history of professional wrestling (and, full disclosure here, one of my personal heroes), will not be appearing in the main event where he was scheduled to be in Tommy Dreamer's corner.

As Dreamer announced, Funk is dealing with some serious health issues and was feeling very dizzy and has left the 2300 Arena. He was actually told to not get in the ring but ignored the doctors and wanted to get in the ring in case it was the last time he's here at the Arena. Honestly, Funk probably should not have even flown up North from Texas to begin with, but he's Terry Funk and he's a crazy old man. His work ethic is legend and I respect and love that but it was obvious he wasn't feeling well at all.

Funk made it clear when he was in the ring that he didn't want to get out because he was afraid it would be the last time he stepped into the 2300/ECW Arena. He was given an amazing ovation from the crowd live and it was a really special moment, but I don't think the audience truly realized that something serious is going on with Funk.

I just wanted to take a moment to wish Terry Funk the best with his medical issues when he returns home to Texas. He's given so much for the wrestling business and it's only fair to give him that love and respect when he certainly can use the support. Get well soon Terry. There will never be another like you, ever.

Also, Sunny's having her latest hospital stay. In hospital for over a week for unannounced reasons, possibly related to drama queenery.

So trying to poke about the Terry Funk thing a bit more, according to the Dave Meltzer, he spoke to Funk a month ago and nothing was up then, so whatever it is has transpired since then. Tommy Dreamer and a bunch of other folk of that ilk were said to be genuinely upset backstage (and Dreamer is a shit actor), and all the smoke is that something major is up.

With that said, I tried to have a think about 20 names which might feature on a DDP pro-wrestling theme team. Skipped Superstar Billy because he's an exaggerating sod. Smith, Frenchy, Sunny and others who have been mentioned at length above. And folk who have no chances of obit - Black Bart and Dale Torborg are quite ill, but I'd be shocked if the KISS Demon got a bloody Qualifying Obit!

(Spade can take all the info below in this post as read - it's trying to open up the noble game out of us geeks...)

1. George "The Animal" Steele (b. 1937) - Villain/heel in the 70s/80s, had a dreadful match with Randy Savage at WrestleMania II. Was in the Tim Burton film Ed Wood, so obit guaranteed. Had "serious health issues" as of May 2016, and an operation to fix them had to be halted due to him having sudden breathing difficulties.

2. Jimmy Snuka (b. 1943) - Famed wrestler/potential domestic abuser and murderer. Alleged to have stomach cancer, he's got another medical for court reasons due in December.

3. Dynamite Kid (b. 1958) - Former Tag Champion with The British Bulldog and famed British wrestler in his own right. Also a nutter, in a wheelchair, and has had multiple strokes in the past few years.

4. Marty Jannetty (b. 1962) - Former Tag Champion with Shawn Michaels (there's your obit), but nowadays a drugged up mess with dodgy knees. When, not if.

5/6. The Sandman (b. 1963), Sabu (b. 1964), Another Other ECWers - they're getting up in age, they look hideous, they hit each other for real with weapons, gleefully bled over each other, and took enough drugs to raise Jimi Hendrix from the grave - none of which is conducive to longevity, and we've started to see the former alumni drop this year with Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney. Speaking of hardcore wrestlers, there's no chance Masato Tanaka is seeing 60 in my book.

7. Tyson Kidd (b. 1980) - Survived the Christopher Reeve neckbreak in 2015, which has a 95% mortality rate, but those who survive don't tend to have a long and prosperous life.

8. Perro Aguayo Sr (b. 1946) - Mexican legend. Obit more likely because his son, Perro Aguayo Jr, died in a horrific accident in 2015 which made the Daily Mail. Said to be in very poor health now.

9. Butch Miller (b. 1944) - Survived a near fatal dose of septicemia in 2011, but has been in poor health since.

10. Adrian Street (b. 1940) - Well known British cross dressing act. Had a stroke about a decade ago, and is rumoured to be in fairly poor health again.

11. Ole Anderson (b. 1942) - Former member of The Four Horsemen, now has MS, full on memory issues, and a habit of falling and breaking things.

12. Vader (b. 1955) - Legendary big man, with a whole host of prior health issues, from heart problems to MRSA to being in a coma for a month in 2007 after system shutdown/collapse due to alcoholism. Seems to have recovered now, but all those vices and prior health issues in a big guy (350+ pounds) isn't great.

13. Jim Neidhart (b. 1955) - Overweight, Boozy, drugged up brother in law of Bret Hart. Another when, not if.

14. Angelo Mosca (b. 1938) - Has dementia.

15. Rosey (b. 1970) - Former tag champion suffering from kidney failure for a number of years. Obit certain as brother of current star Roman Reigns and cousin of Rikishi, "cousin" (Samoan thing) of The Rock.

16. Nigel McGuinness (b. 1976) - Former British wrestler with Hep B, and post-concussion issues.

17. Jim Cornete (b. 1961) - Cult manager who is my pick for having a massive coronary at some point in the ten years - all that hatred and Sprite addiction can't be good for his blood pressure.

18. Sam Houston (b. 1963) - Jake the Snake's brother, with a history of substance abuse, and jail time.

19. Rocky Johnson (b. 1944) - Aging father of The Rock, with a long history of alcoholism and looking frail.

20. Bruno Sammartino (b. 1935) - Will obit, as he held the world title for 12 years combined, and is one of the big names in wrestling. No known health issues, but 81 is practically 150 years old in wrestler years.

There's also those who may hypothetically have used lots of substances which tend to be linked with pro-wrestling, like Scott Steiner (b. 1962) and The Warlord (b. 1962), but their hearts could go at any time.

• Like 1

How about Peter Thornley AKA Kendo Nagasaki - Don't know much about his health, but he is now 74, he wrestled against Giant Haystack, Big Daddy etc

Website - http://kendonagasaki.org/

Not on your list is Hardcore Icon and WWE Hall Of Famer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_the_Butcher

According to Wikipedia he was actually born in 1936 and turns 80 in November. Given his obesity,Hep C and his Hardcore Wrestling style he should have been dead years ago

How about Peter Thornley AKA Kendo Nagasaki - Don't know much about his health, but he is now 74, he wrestled against Giant Haystack, Big Daddy etc

Website - http://kendonagasaki.org/

Aha, now I have heard of him. Wore a weird mask, didn't he.

• Like 1

Me and a friend did actually put together a 50-person wrestler deathlist for 2012, probably worth checking back and seeing how many of them are now dead:

50. Ricky Morton - ALIVE

49. Perry Saturn - ALIVE

48. Fred Ottman - ALIVE

47. Ron Harris - ALIVE

46. Ric Flair - ALIVE

45. Brian Lawler - ALIVE

44. Afa the Wild Samoan - ALIVE

43. Bryan Clark - ALIVE

42. 911 - ALIVE

41. The Warlord - ALIVE

40. Kurrgan - ALIVE

39. Nelson Frazier Jr - died 2014

38. Jimmy Valiant - ALIVE

37. Henry Godwinn - ALIVE

36. Juventud Guerrera - ALIVE

35. Dean Malenko - ALIVE

34. Ricky Steamboat - ALIVE

33. Nigel McGuinness - ALIVE

32. Orlando Jordan - ALIVE

31. Jim Neidhart - ALIVE

30. Bob Orton Jr - ALIVE

29. Chyna - died 2016

28. El Generico - ALIVE

27. Marty Jannetty - ALIVE

26. Rikishi - ALIVE

25. Mick McManus - died 2013

24. Lex Luger - ALIVE

23. Jake Roberts - ALIVE

22. One Man Gang - ALIVE

21. Chief Jay Strongbow - died 2012

20. Matt Hardy - ALIVE

19. Daizee Haze - ALIVE

18. Nick Dinsmore - ALIVE

17. The Dynamite Kid - ALIVE

16. Verne Gagne - died 2015

15. Ole Anderson - alive

14. Paul Orndorff - alive

13. Gangrel - alive

12. Billy Jack Haynes - alive

11. Chris Hamrick - alive

10. "Superstar" Billy Graham - alive

9. Scott Hall - alive

8. Bobby Eaton - alive

7. Bobby Heenan - alive

6. Barry Windham - alive

5. Dump Matsumoto - alive

4. Lord Littlebrook - died 2016

3. Dennis Stamp - alive/dying 2016

2. Kamala - alive

1. Tyson Tomko - alive

On the bright side, 5/50 is still probably better than any of Lewd Squirrel's wrestler heavy shadowlists have managed.

On the bright side, 5/50 is still probably better than any of Lewd Squirrel's wrestler heavy shadowlists have managed.

:P

• Like 1

And the Terry Funk major health issue is...a hernia. All that, for that! Strike another one up for everyone jumping the gun on a bit of pro-wrestler hypochondria.

Rico Constantino

Former WWE Talent now has a GoFundMePage

Apparently has collapsed lungs,heart problems because of concussions

He started out as a Stylist for the "Gay" Tag Team Chuck & Billy but was only on the roster about 2-3 years so his Obitability is 50/50

I've watched a few wrestlers over the years on dvd and TV, and there are some I'd never even heard of.

When I first heard this I thought "Rico? He wasn't there five minutes!", but then I remembered his cameo in the 2004 Royal Rumble match (where Orton drops him over the top rope and he falls face first - you even see one of the crowd cringe) that makes me go "Ah, makes sense actually".

Bizarrely, Rico holds a pinfall victory on TV over Ric Flair.