Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Two of my subs dead in a day, watch out Brucie...

Finally a DDP hit for me!

• Like 1

Finally a DDP hit for me!

I now have hits for my Deathrace team, my Hares Pool team, my DDP reserves, my Death by Numbers team, my Rotten deadpool team, my Alt Obits team, all but my actual DDP team! It's a marathon, though.

Worst choice of a Wildcard in Hare's Pool, thought he had longer. RIP.

My brother-in-law will be happy. That the first time he has got a hit so early in the year.

We all have a laugh and a giggle on here, but I just wanted to remind everyone that Jimmy Snuka killed a woman.

We all have a laugh and a giggle on here, but I just wanted to remind everyone that Jimmy Snuka killed a woman.

In the eyes of the law he is as innocent as OJ....,ahem.....

• Like 3

Dang, two hits in two weeks...

fiji only has two things that it is famous for now, its water and its habitual temper tantrums

So Snuka's death made me think of that lawsuit, and the 1990 Royal Rumble. That Rumble match now boasts 12 dead wrestlers out of 30. (There are 10 in 1991, then 4-8 until 1998, the first Rumble match without any dead wrestlers is 2009.)

Those thirty from 1990:

1. Ted Dibiase (b. 1954) – seems in good health, should see his 70s no bother
  2. Koko B Ware (b. 1957) – current suing the WWE for concussion based ill health.
  3. Marty Jannetty (b. 1960) – WWE’s version of Gazza, but less talented.
  4. Jake Roberts (b. 1955) – WWE’s Keith Richards, survived decades of alcohol and drugs abuse, and brain cancer in 2015.
  5. Randy Savage (1952-2011) – died in a car crash/heart attack comb.
  6. Roddy Piper (1954-2015) – beat cancer only to die of a heart attack
  7. The Warlord (b. 1962) - currently works as a nightclub bouncer, but apparently suffers memory loss from repeat concussions. Also, a posterchild for...certain alleged drug taking of the 1980s.
  8. Bret Hart (b. 1957) – Retired due to post-concussion syndrome in 2000, survived a massive stroke in 2002, currently doing well against prostate cancer.
  9. Bad News Brown (1943-2007) – Died of a heart attack.
  10. Dusty Rhodes (1945-2015) – Died of stomach cancer.
  11. Andre the Giant (1946-1993) – Died of heart failure linked to his gigantism.
  12. Red Rooster/Terry Taylor (b. 1955) – Born again Christian.
  13. Ax/Bill Eadie (b. 1947) – Retired from WWE in 1990 due to “heart issues”. Still wrestling! Also suing the WWE for concussion issues.
  14. Haku (b. 1959) – A living meme. Seems in reasonable health.
  15. Smash/Barry Darsow (b. 1959) – Part of that lawsuit.
  16. Akeem /One Man Gang (b. 1960) – Part of that lawsuit. Had heart attack circa 2001, and had to retire from his job as a prison officer due to injuries.
  17. Jimmy Snuka (1943-2017) – died from cancer/dementia.
  18. Dino Bravo (1948-1993) – died after trying to double cross the Mob, and being shot 17 times.
  19. Earthquake (1963-2006) – died after a long battle with cancer.
  20. Jim Neidhart (b. 1955) – fat druggy alcoholic, jailed for trafficking for five months in 2012.
  21. Ultimate Warrior (1959-2014) – Died of a heart attack
  22. Rick Martel (b. 1956) – Retired with money, and keeps to himself. If he had cancer we’d never know it till the obits.
  23. Tito Santana (b. 1953) – Now teaches basketball, iirc, and still wrestles.
  24. Honky Tonk Man (b. 1953)
  25. Hulk Hogan (b. 1953) – Has spinal issues.
  26. Shawn Michaels (b. 1965) – Seems in fair health.
  27. Barbarian (b. 1958) – Part of that lawsuit, runs a construction business.
  28. Rick Rude (1958-1999) – died of a heart attack.
  29. Hercules (1956-2004) – died of a heart attack.
  30. Mr Perfect (1958-2003) – OD’d.

And now that Snuka, Axl Rotten, and Timothy Well have all died since this concussion lawsuit came to be (and Blackjack Mulligan was involved in the last one). Here is a list of folk the lawsuit claims show the signs of early memory loss due to concussions, or worse:

Road Warrior Animal, Paul Orndorff (who suffers severe memory loss, head trauma, mood swings and has beat cancer twice), Chavo Guerrero Jr (suffers issues from a brain haemorrhage caused by Billy Kidman botching a Shooting Star Press), Chavo Guerrero Sr, Adam Bomb (extensive memory issues, peripheral neuropathy), Ahmed Johnson, Kamala (legless), Earl Hebner. Sabu (who has a bit of a cheek blaming Vince for his ECW insanity), Barry Darsow (extreme), Johnny the Bull, Jim Powers (even forgets who he is talking to), Don Leo Jonathan (long term neurological injuries), Mark Canterbury (neurological issues and back problems which strike me as having more to do with that car crash he had), Marty Jannetty (self-medicates and suffers blackouts), Heidenriech (congestive heart failure), Larry Oliver (Alzheimers), Black Bart (heart surgery in 2015), Slick (diabetic), Ron Bass, Boris Zhukov

Other Notes

Dave Hebner has been diagnosed with dementia and Parkinsons in 2014.

Angela Mosca has Alzheimer’s and is suing for concussions suffered in the 1970s.

Ken Patera complains he was made to job too often.

Mark Jindrak claims the health and safety is safer in Mexico – tell that to Perro Aguayo.

The family of Axl Rotten are suing for his health issues, which apparently all occurred due to two matches in 2005, instead of 20 years having hardcore matches in the indies.

I suspect a good half dozen or more folk mentioned in this post will be gone by the next US Presidential election, though which ones I could only guess. I thought Marty Jannetty would be dead years ago, but as Chyna proved, you can't cheat death forever.

• Like 1

My second hit on my list of fifty and the night is still young!

For what it's worth here is the BBC obituary.

I've always wondered if the deaths and other stories that BBC newsbeat report on are the ones that the main BBC news hub just couldn't be bothered with.......

Don't forget Abdullah the Butcher (b. 1936) and George Steele (b. 1937), Hillbilly Jim (b. 1951) and Nikolai Volkoff (b. 1947), Ivan Koloff (b. 1942) and Bruno Sammartino (b. 1935), Nikita Koloff (b. 1959) and Superstar Billy Graham (b. 1943), Ole Anderson (b. 1942) and Jimmy Valiant (b. 1942), Pedro Morales (b. 1942) and Baron von Raschke (b. 1940). And Harley Race was in a nursing home, wasn't he?

Listening to a Ric Flair interview from last year. He confirms that Dave Hebner is in "extremely poor health" nowadays. Even with the new QO focus on WWE guys, I wouldn't expect him to get one, but he's certainly one for future Deathrace/Cup/etc teams if he hangs around.

Considering no one picked Hebner in the DDP I would say his prognosis is very grim.One of the only things that was keeping Fuji and Chyna alive for so long was Deadpoolers Predicting them.

Yeah, I mean, look at Page 4 of this thread (2006) - people suggesting how Jake the Snake and Dynamite Kid can't have long left! 11 years on...

In fact, the time between those posts and now is more than a third of Lance Cade's entire life span.

Listening to a Ric Flair interview from last year. He confirms that Dave Hebner is in "extremely poor health" nowadays. Even with the new QO focus on WWE guys, I wouldn't expect him to get one, but he's certainly one for future Deathrace/Cup/etc teams if he hangs around.

Found this old article (6 months old) while researching Mr. Hebner. Lots of peopel with neurologicasl difficulties and the like

http://www.foxsports.com.au/what-the-fox/wwe-sued-in-wrestler-class-action-lawsuit-featuring-jimmy-superfly-snuka-paul-mr-wonderful-orndorff/news-story/079fbd7db16f9cd71b7b569672baa4a5

Photo of Smith Hart from earlier today.

16179580_1225213030895235_39682840044208

Tagged for size.

Perhaps a year was being optimistic. Plus, he's making an effort of traveling to his brothers grave and family house now while he can...

Photo of Smith Hart from earlier today.

16179580_1225213030895235_39682840044208

Tagged for size.

Perhaps a year was being optimistic. Plus, he's making an effort of traveling to his brothers grave and family house now while he can...

Looks a lot better than John Wetton though.

Kane has missed the Royal Rumble after being a costant feature since 1996 (with few exceptions, always motivated) and does not appear on screen since December... :sherlock:

How did he get the nasty cold?

Kane has missed the Royal Rumble after being a costant feature since 1996 (with few exceptions, always motivated) and does not appear on screen since December... :sherlock:

How did he get the nasty cold?

Oh, and the last house show he took part to was on December the 5th. It's been a long time since then.

Don't forget Abdullah the Butcher (b. 1936) and George Steele (b. 1937), Hillbilly Jim (b. 1951) and Nikolai Volkoff (b. 1947), Ivan Koloff (b. 1942) and Bruno Sammartino (b. 1935), Nikita Koloff (b. 1959) and Superstar Billy Graham (b. 1943), Ole Anderson (b. 1942) and Jimmy Valiant (b. 1942), Pedro Morales (b. 1942) and Baron von Raschke (b. 1940). And Harley Race was in a nursing home, wasn't he?

I know Harley Race, the handsome King, is he in a nursing home? God save the King.