Anubis the Jackal

Country For Old Men (And Women)

Kenny Rogers joins is treated for skin cancer

''He just dropped in to see what condition his skin was in.....................''

• Like 1

Kenny Rogers joins is treated for skin cancer

''He just dropped in to see what condition his skin was in.....................''

Ah, another discerning music fan, top gag!

Guest Guest

Oddly enough not a DDP pick this year but he is a pal of Billy Graham.

Grim reaper getting closer?

Would be wierd if Billy Graham died tomorrow!

Oddly enough not a DDP pick this year but he is a pal of Billy Graham.

Grim reaper getting closer?

Would be wierd if Billy Graham died tomorrow!

I think it would be wierder if he managed to make it till the end of the year.

• Like 3

Little Jimmy Dickens has been rushed to hospital in a critical condition with an "undisclosed illness".

Little Jimmy Dickens has been rushed to hospital in a critical condition with an "undisclosed illness".

Dead

Sad news, especially as his condition was said to be improving. Oh well, I got my first hit on the DDP for this year. Hopefully I'll do a lot better than I did last year.

Dixie Hall, Songwriter and Wife of Tom T. Hall, Dead at 80.

"Born Iris Violet May Lawrence, Mrs. Hall was raised in England's West Midlands, near Manchester. Early on, she sought outside influences, winning a BBC poetry contest with a verse about Canada. She often watched cowboy movies, and rode horses herself. "When I was 10, I wrote a poem about the west, and I submitted it to a program called "Children's Hour" on the BBC," Mrs. Hall said in a 2013 interview with "The Tennessean." "They had a poetry contest, and I won it and got to go to London to read the poem on the radio. That kind of triggered it for me."

http://www.cmt.com/news/1748137/dixie-hall-songwriter-and-wife-of-tom-t-hall-dead-at-80/

Guest awesome guest

Willie Nelson found dead :o:o

(EDIT ....further reading on the WWW indicates this may be a hoax)

I doubt he died I predict he will go on social media and debunk this

Legendary fiddler Johnny Gimbel league us wanting more at the age of 88. St Peter, rosin up that bow!

SC

http://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2015/05/09/johnny-gimble-legendary-fiddler-dies-at-88/27050385/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

"I'M DETECTIVE JOHN GIMBLE! I'M A CORPSE YOU IDIOT!"

George Jones Country Icon in hospital.

He stopped loving her today.

...but he started opening his museum to the public.

SC

http://www.countryweekly.com/newsstand/may-25-2015-new-george-jones-museum-nashville

Strange how these things happen, this is the 3rd time I've had someone mention George Jones over the course of one weekend.

Grand Old Opry fixture, Jim Ed Brown, has lung cancer.

Jim Ed Brown got the all clear from cancer a couple of months ago, however the disease has now returned.

Hello everyone! This is Kim, Jim Ed's daughter. This is a prayer request. They worked before so I am hopeful they will this time too. Dad's cancer has returned (not in his lungs) and he is undergoing chemotherapy. We are hopeful for a positive outcome, but it's a combination of hope and prayers that will get him through this. We all thank you in advance.

Grand Old Opry fixture, Jim Ed Brown, has lung cancer.

Jim Ed Brown got the all clear from cancer a couple of months ago, however the disease has now returned.

Hello everyone! This is Kim, Jim Ed's daughter. This is a prayer request. They worked before so I am hopeful they will this time too. Dad's cancer has returned (not in his lungs) and he is undergoing chemotherapy. We are hopeful for a positive outcome, but it's a combination of hope and prayers that will get him through this. We all thank you in advance.

Shit he was my joker for next year. That 'disease' is called lung cancer in an 81-yr old. I knew he was dead meat.

SC

• Like 1