Anubis the Jackal

Christopher Lee

Currently leading the news on BBC, quite right too. He'll be remembered well after the likes of Ed Milliband are forgotten.

Don't you mean David?...

Currently leading the news on BBC, quite right too. He'll be remembered well after the likes of Ed Milliband are forgotten.

Ed who?

Guest Guest

has anyone thought of 'Fangs for the Memory' as a caption?

Guest Guest

actually it looks like everyone did before me. just forget it

Don't you mean David?...

The one that always sticks in my mind is Steve.

Don't you mean David?...

The one that always sticks in my mind is Steve.

I remember Ian Hislop mentioning another brother during the leadership race - it was Glenn.

• Like 1

Christopher lee will never die! He is immortal hell yeah.....

Really?

• Like 3

has anyone thought of 'Fangs for the Memory' as a caption?

Watch this space...

Christopher lee will never die! He is immortal hell yeah.....

Really?

It states heart failure on the death certificate, perhaps that was due to a stake through the heart.

• Like 2

Guest Guest

BREAKING NEWS- reports are coming in that Christopher Lees coffin is empty ! :shock2:

Sad to see him go.i would have banked on him living a few years younger.Hence why he wasn`t on any of my lists this year.

All my childhood horror heros now gone.

The picture isn't showing up.

Don't understand why. It's showing up on my iPad. I'll look into it further later.

The first time this year that the DL has more hits than I do. I expected this to happen, but with Helmut Kohl, not Christopher Lee.

Anyways, I guess I was right when I said in January that this would be a good year (many people were complaining). We're already 3 deaths ahead of 2014, and in 2014, we had an okay amount of 10 hits. :)

Loved the title of his autobiography Tall, Dark & Gruesome

Shows a lovely sense of self-depricating humour.

Looking on ebay just a few minutes ago, there are signed copies up for sale prices range between $40-$400

Sad that when a celebrity dies suddenly these things go up for sale.

If I had a signed copy of the book, I'd certainly would not want to sell it.

A couple of days after Terry Pratchett died I walked past my local British Heart Foundation charity shop and they had made a big display in the window of all the TP books they had. My wife has over 30 signed TP books. They will not be on ebay until we are both in the ground.

• Like 1

One thing that has been pleasing is the sheer warmth and genuine comments which his tributes have brought as well as his own comments:

When asked about the secret of his 50 year marriage he replied "Marry someone wonderful"

Don't know how to do this now. Anyway, as you're a friend on Facebook, you should be able to see it as I've just posted the same picture.

One thing that has been pleasing is the sheer warmth and genuine comments which his tributes have brought as well as his own comments:

When asked about the secret of his 50 year marriage he replied "Marry someone wonderful"

Easier said than done...

• Like 1

A bit of a surprise for me. Well, usually there's nothing surprising in a 93 y.o. man dying, but he was remarkably active even until recently (and even had plans for a new film). I have to admit I didn't watch much of his early stuff (like his Dracula films), but he was a very convincing villain.

At least it gives me some faint hope with Mugabe. He too seems remarkably active for his age, but he too can be gone in a week. Can he?

Following Christopher Lee's death, The Sun have written a full article about Dracula.

He didn't appear in The Mirror though

• Like 12

Don't know how to do this now. Anyway, as you're a friend on Facebook, you should be able to see it as I've just posted the same picture.

Saw the photo on facebook. weird thing is on here I get the error "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!"

Following Christopher Lee's death, The Sun have written a full article about Dracula.

He didn't appear in The Mirror though

Surely he wouldn't have been in The Sun either.

• Like 3

Ironic that it was Bibliogryphon who's most upset about a guy who was born in Belgravia and died in Chelsea.

(Actually, on his civil service wages he's probably got three immaculately-kept flats in each district, but, y'know just saying "on paper" he's left-wing.)

Lee was also a Tory y'know.