Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

I can't believe he was 87!

So that's Diane Holland and Felix Bowness this year. Who'll be next?

Paul Shane most likely.......

Met Paul Shane two years ago in Tenerife in a pub... quite a disgusting, grubby little git in general.... very unkept, couldn't even stand up... not really an aspiring way to see one of the ppl who was there day in, day out throughout your childhood....

Met Paul Shane two years ago in Tenerife in a pub... quite a disgusting, grubby little git in general.... very unkept, couldn't even stand up... not really an aspiring way to see one of the ppl who was there day in, day out throughout your childhood....

This sort of thing would make great material for a series of Britain Hasn't Got Talent where the panel and voters look at existing talent and pick the worst of it. Piers Morgan could be nominated.

Troy Kennedy Martin The Italian Job screen writer (amongst many other credits) has also died today.

A bit of a blow for the Ditchling Film Society, as they were hoping he'd attend a special 40th anniversary screening of the film.

Our second film on Thursday, 19 November in celebration of its fortieth anniversary, will be the original version of The Italian Job starring Michael Caine, an impressive line up of English actors from Benny Hill to Noel Coward and Mini Coopers ! A classic comedy caper about an amazing gold bullion heist from a heavily guarded palazzo in Venice. The screenplay was written by local resident Troy Kennedy Martin, whom we are hoping will be able to be present at the screening.

Troy Kennedy Martin The Italian Job screen writer (amongst many other credits) has also died today.

A bit of a blow for the Ditchling Film Society, as they were hoping he'd attend a special 40th anniversary screening of the film.

Our second film on Thursday, 19 November in celebration of its fortieth anniversary, will be the original version of The Italian Job starring Michael Caine, an impressive line up of English actors from Benny Hill to Noel Coward and Mini Coopers ! A classic comedy caper about an amazing gold bullion heist from a heavily guarded palazzo in Venice. The screenplay was written by local resident Troy Kennedy Martin, whom we are hoping will be able to be present at the screening.

Never mind that sh*t, he was the writer of possibly the greatest British TV series ever, Edge of Darkness...

Never mind that sh*t, he was the writer of possibly the greatest British TV series ever, Edge of Darkness...

He did, but I think The Italian Job is much more widely known, and I haven't ever seen Edge of Darkness. I was working abroad in 1985 when it was first aired. Presumably its been repeated since but it has passed me by.

I see from Wikipedia that there's a remake due out next year starring Mel Gibson. I'm more inclined to seek out the original on DVD (as soon as I finish the Prime Suspect box set).

He did, but I think The Italian Job is much more widely known, and I haven't ever seen Edge of Darkness. I was working abroad in 1985 when it was first aired. Presumably its been repeated since but it has passed me by.

I see from Wikipedia that there's a remake due out next year starring Mel Gibson. I'm more inclined to seek out the original on DVD (as soon as I finish the Prime Suspect box set).

Do so, it's brilliant. Complex and at times weird, but brilliant nonetheless..

BTW I wasn't knocking The Italian Job, merely using Olsen Johnson's phrase from Blazing Saddles to emphasise the importance of EOD...

Do so, it's brilliant. Complex and at times weird, but brilliant nonetheless..

BTW I wasn't knocking The Italian Job, merely using Olsen Johnson's phrase from Blazing Saddles to emphasise the importance of EOD...

I've ordered EOD and expect it to come dropping through my letterbox within the next couple of days. I'll let you know what I think once I've watched it (around christmas probably).

BBC reporting the death of long-term correspondent Brian 'I counted them all out and I counted them all back' Barron.

Another day another BBC obit

Honestly MC, your post at 1.07 is so-o-o-o-o 1.06.

BBC reporting the death of long-term correspondent Brian 'I counted them all out and I counted them all back' Barron.

I always thought that was Brian "Hanra-hanrahan" :unsure:

You know what Mr T, you're right. I realised listening to Barron on the radio news, he was older. I actually met him a couple of times, many years ago. He was - allegedly - a spy, for us, against the Chinese. Didn't hear anything about that on the news.

You can download the original from here

Another day another BBC obit

Honestly MC, your post at 1.07 is so-o-o-o-o 1.06.

I wasn't about to wet myself by coming first, I went to the effort of providing a link :unsure:

Thanks, but with the speed of my connection, it'll be just as quick waiting for the post! Besides, it'll be just like Christmas. :unsure:

Guest David

Thanks, but with the speed of my connection, it'll be just as quick waiting for the post! Besides, it'll be just like Christmas. :lol:

Can someone settle an argument between me and my 8 - year - old cousin, please? Is Matthew Corbett, who presented and wrote the classic kids' show Sooty, dead? I know he had leukemia - but my cousin says he's died. If he has, it's a great shame. I loved Sooty as a boy.

Thanks, but with the speed of my connection, it'll be just as quick waiting for the post! Besides, it'll be just like Christmas. :lol:

Can someone settle an argument between me and my 8 - year - old cousin, please? Is Matthew Corbett, who presented and wrote the classic kids' show Sooty, dead? I know he had leukemia - but my cousin says he's died. If he has, it's a great shame. I loved Sooty as a boy.

Still alive...

American character actor Henry Gibson. Starred in Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In and Boston Legal, but sticks out for me as part of the ensemble in Robert Altman's great film Nashville, in which he played as asshat C&W star.

nashville.jpg

American character actor Henry Gibson. Starred in Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In and Boston Legal, but sticks out for me as part of the ensemble in Robert Altman's great film Nashville, in which he played as asshat C&W star.

nashville.jpg

Just spotted his passing too. Amongst his other roles, he also played one of the sinister neighbours in "The 'burbs" and had a minor role as "Head Nazi" in "The Blues Brothers".

It depends how far you go back...Mathew is alive (so far), but his dad Harry originated "Sooty" on TV in the early 1950s. Harry died towards the end of the '80s and his son took over. As for.....

I loved Sooty as a boy.

I hope you still are a boy and, if not, you are happy in your new "gear". :lol:

I loved Sooty as a boy.

I preferred him as a bear :lol: