Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Abdulaziz Hakim - Iraqi cleric, sometimes has lung cancer, sometimes doesn't. The switch is apparentely in the "on" position as of May 2009.

His health has deteriorated and he is back in hospital after a setback in his cancer treatment.

Abdulaziz Hakim died this morning. He was the last survivor of eight brothers, the other seven were all killed by Saddam Hussain's henchmen.

Guest Actually
ted Kennedy has died at 77 the 7th deathlist hit of 2009.

p.s i'm not promoting some kind of 7 conspiracy.

Actually, he was the eighth, Robert Novak was the seventh

Songwriter Ellie Greenwich has died of heart attack at 68.

She wrote, or co-wrote numerous hits including "Da-Doo-Ron-Ron'' and 'Doo-Wah-Diddy-Diddy'.

Songwriter Ellie Greenwich has died of heart attack at 68.

She wrote, or co-wrote numerous hits including "Da-Doo-Ron-Ron'' and 'Doo-Wah-Diddy-Diddy'.

Let's give the lass her due, here - she was a Brill Building legend. Apart from co-writing a couple of songs with silly titles she was also responsible for Be My Baby, Baby I Love You, Leader of the Pack, Tell Laura I Love Her, Chapel of Love, River Deep Mountain High, Then He Kissed Me and a few lesser Spector classics for Darlene Love/Crystals/Ronettes.

That's some CV.

A. Stone Freedberg, who discovered bacteria were associated with ulcers but did not continue his research, has carked it aged 101 on August 18th. He's a unique pick on DDP, but I haven't seen an appropriate obituary.

Hong Kong movie buffs are mourning the death of actor Shing-Fui On, who passed away at the young age of 54. Maybe not a familiar name to most people, but he was a significant character actor who appeared in some of the biggest Hong Kong movies in the 1980s and 1990s.

if you are a fan of John Woo's Hong Kong movies, you may recognize him as the lead villian in the cult classic The Killer. He also had supporting roles in other John Woo classics including A Better Tomorrow I and II.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-08/...nt_11956514.htm

Filmography:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0793924/

DJ AM has been found dead in his NY apartment

No, I've never heard of him either, but he was Nicole Richie's one-time boyfriend and survived the September 2008 plane crash involving Blink 182's Travis Barker, in which 4 others died.

Simon Dee has died aged 74.

He was apparently one of British television's biggest personalities in the 1960s.

He was apparently one of British television's biggest personalities in the 1960s.

Fk me that was quick. According to the 'Mail On Sunday' (paper edition), he 'only had days to live'!

He was certainly very big in the 60's, though I have to confess all I can remember of his TV show is the E-type.

Fk me that was quick. According to the 'Mail On Sunday' (paper edition), he 'only had days to live'!

He was certainly very big in the 60's, though I have to confess all I can remember of his TV show is the E-type.

He would have made a great pick. I remember Dee Time on the prime time Saturday evening slot. It was as well patronised as Strictly Come Dancing is today and he was a big TV star, then just sort of disappeared until some stories appeared about him as a bus driver.

Guest WEP
Not sure if an Australian State-level politician would receive UK obit, though...

If he reappers again without any scratches, serves until age 70 and dies with 85, I would say no.

If they find his corpus after he was killed by alien-monkeys or canibals, he would make international headlines!

If he reappers[sic] again without any scratches, serves until age 70 and dies with 85, I would say no.

A politician dying along with eighty five others would make the news. And my day.

Emerging Story: Victorian Cabinet Minister goes missing in solo bushwalk...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/31/2671299.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/31/2672361.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/09/01/2672572.htm

Not sure if an Australian State-level politician would receive UK obit, though...

Found alive and well by the Channel 7 Helicopter crew.

Guest WEP
Found alive and well by the Channel 7 Helicopter crew.

Emerging Story: Victorian Cabinet Minister goes

As far as he is alive... NO!

The model who gets into the car with him at the end of the Dee Time show is called Lorna McDonald. Can't find any details on whether she is still alive. Be worthy of points on a CPDP theme team/ DDP punt if she was.

article-1187810-05178681000005DC-744_468x341.jpg

BBC reporting death of Frank Mitford (101) half of Britain's longest married couple. Celebrated 81 years of wedded bliss (or summat) last May.

Gospel singer Marie Knight dies

Gospel singer Marie Knight has died in New York City aged 84, after suffering complications from pneumonia, her manager has confirmed.

She rose to fame while touring with Sister Rosetta Tharpe, singing hits such as Didn't It Rain, Beams Of Heaven and Up Above My Head.

Erich Kunzel

The conductor most notably associated with the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra has died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 74.

I was only thinking about him the other day.

At least we'll know where he is now...

Producer and film-maker Lord Buxton has died at the age of 91.

DDP points for discerning deadpoolers "A Pelican In The Wilderness" and "Stiff And The Tears", both of whom seem to have made good use of the House of Lords Leave of Absence Register.... :rolleyes: