Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown Man

The Third 2009 Success Poll

Third 2009 Success Poll  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's see. Removing the likes of Ronnie Biggs, Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi, Oscar Niemeyer, João Havelange, Claude Levi-Strauss, Michael Foot, Chapman Pincher, Karl Malden, Eli Wallach, Yitzhak Shamir, Kim Jongil, George Steinbrenner, Walter Cronkite, Herbert Lom, Vincent O'Brien, John Demjanjuk, Dino de Laurentiis, Betty Ford, Billy Graham, Nelson Mandela, Ludovic Kennedy, Ravi Shankar, Jake Lamota, Harry Morgan, Mickey Rooney, Beefheart, Nancy Reagan, John Forsythe, Blake Edwards, Christopher Lee, Jack Klugman, Pierre Cardin, Patrick Moore, BB King, Maggie T, Clive Dunn. This is because that lot dont seem to be in much danger at this point: no news is good news and all that.

Of course, anyone can die at anytime, and a lot of those people are quite old and therefore a sudden ill health and demise could concievably happen at any time. But if we're guessing who out of the 48 left is next to go, then the likelyhood of their demise is less so. That said, we all know the next one is going to end up from that list next.

Fidel Castro is too tricky to pick - no one seems to know whats going on there. Chavez referred to him in the 3rd person - he might even be dead already. Not a safe pick. Ariel Sharon as well doesnt seem to be having his life support switched off this side of summer.

Seve Balersteros, Susan Atkins, Vaclav Havel, Kirk Douglas all seem to be doing a lot better than they were when the list was drawn up. I'd now be shocked if Havel passed on this year now they've found out what was troubling him in the first place and it's treatable.

Norman Wisdom and Libby Taylor have their usual troubles but seem content to plow along. Though either of them being next wouldn't be totally surprising (every fight ends sometimes).

That leaves us with three.

Bobby Robson

Patrick Swayze

Robert Novak

And as the lottery of pronounced guesswork, I'll pick Novak. Everyone will pick Swayze. His time will come this year, but I think Novak's will come quicker.

I didn't do it as scientifically as above, but I came to a similar conclusion: Bobby Robson.

Ravi Shankar. I've never been more sure of anything in my life.

I was going to go Teddy Kennedy, but you ignore DDT at your peril. I'll hitch my wagon to RS.

Guest Guest

OSPAM-00000001-001~Yellow-New-Holland-Combine-Harvester-Unloading-Grain-into-Trailer-UK-Posters.jpg

<---- No, its still got to be Sharon. He is on life support and can die at any time. I'm just very supprised he's got this far and I'm thinking he is still on the edge.

I'm going with Billy Graham. I think I went with Atkin last time, but I'm getting fed up of her.

Guest PunkPoolie

Given the media hype of the last few weeks, it's got be the Goody woman, surely?

Even she can't be too thick to croak?

Given the media hype of the last few weeks, it's got be the Goody woman, surely?

Even she can't be too thick to croak?

How will the doctors identify when she slips from living to brain dead? :unsure:

Guest PunkPoolie
How will the doctors identify when she slips from living to brain dead? :unsure:

Ooooh, never thought of that... maybe a bullet just to make sure?

Thatcher. The old girl's had it so I expect they'll put something in her tea.

Guest PunkPoolie
Thatcher. The old girl's had it so I expect they'll put something in her tea.

*sigh*

I get up every morning and look at the news, thinking "today will be the day" but it's not happened yet. I've even downloaded "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" just so I can be the first in my village to fling open the windows and put it on repeat!

Swayzeebaby...

I was going to go Teddy Kennedy, but you ignore DDT at your peril. I'll hitch my wagon to RS.

I went with him as well for the heck of it, but I think that in reality one of the living cancer picks will go next.

Rooney

On the basis that I've never picked a winner in one of these polls yet, so if I pick someone missing from all my deadpool teams I'll ensure the survival of my pick and - marginally - increase my chances of points, or summat.

Yitzhak Shamir

Special train for Atkins...

I'm sticking with Sir Robert Robson.

Rooney

On the basis that I've never picked a winner in one of these polls yet, so if I pick someone missing from all my deadpool teams I'll ensure the survival of my pick and - marginally - increase my chances of points, or summat.

:rolleyes: Well that's good to know. I voted for Rooney. On the basis that I'm only in one deadpool and he's on it. So is Elizabeth Taylor, but Rooney is a little shorter.

I picked Cronkite

I don't know why

He swallowed a fly

Perhaps he'll die