TAFKAG

DeathList Poster of the Noughties

Who is the DeathList Poster of the Noughties?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Obama? Goody? McCann? I’ve noticed quite a few Person of the Decade polls doing the rounds, so rather than copy them I thought we could keep it a bit more navel-gazingly incestuous and vote for the DL Member of the Noughties instead. Six years, that's near enough a decade in my book. I’ve picked a symbolic 50 names – the 35 twunts plus 15 more leftfield choices (sorry to those who feel left out, but it’s a tough business).

So, does MPFC do summat for you? Perhaps you can't wait for Godot to return? Does Banshees make you scream with delight? Or maybe you're a Football Fan fan?

Only three choices each, please. Can you vote for yourself? Let your conscience be your guide.

I’ve never done a poll and only started one thread, so I'm hoping this doesn't go tits up.

My top 3 - DDT, the best deadpooler bar none and a jolly good bloke; AtJ, the wittiest one-liners bar none; Godot, the best allrounder and sadly missed. At least 25 others miss out by a whisker and many more have made the site a pleasure to read in the past two years. Thanks to all of you.

Nice to see iain/dave picking up some votes. No, it wasn't me.

That is really hard.

There are so many people I wanted to vote for for so many reasons.

In the end I went for Godot, MPFC and DDT simply in honour of their intellectual eminence, humour and relatively consistent relevance.

But most of the rest missed out by a very slim margin indeed. Josco wherever he is, ATJ who really is one of the wititest people alive, Tempus Fugit who is a true genius in his own mad way, Bruno Brimley ditto, Windsor a man of unstinting pigheaded character and principle, Alphonsin who let me crash at his house, Arnold a man of few words but all of them searingly relevant and insightful, honez who is an example to us all in literary precision not to say pedantry, Lady Grendel who is one of the loveliest people you could hope to meet.

And so on.

LG, OoO and MPFC. I like the initials. :)

Anubis, Cowboy Ronnie and Magere.

Difficult choice though.

I voted for Iain/Dave.

No-one else managed to unite us all in such a sense of fury & frustration as he.

I also went for DDT & Anubis.

<---- I've just voted, but I really don't want to say who for.

However, someone maybe of unsound mind (only my twisted view) has voted for little old me!!! Now why the heck did you do that? Who ever it was - you may need re-assess your whole life, and go and see if you can get a new one!

AtJ for me. Didn't realise I could vote for three until after I'd made my pick. I suppose if I'm on the list I should spend a bit more time on here. A 2010 resolution. No, really. :)

Not that I'm biased or owt - because I didn't vote for myself - but everyone I did vote for has bought me a pint.

Not that I'm biased or owt - because I didn't vote for myself - but everyone I did vote for has bought me a pint.

I guess you didn't vote for me then?

I guess you didn't vote for me then?

But it's just so-o-o-o unfair. I mean; I would have also gone for your good self, OoO, Bruno, Lardy.....etc. I mean, there's loads to celebrate. Let's not fall out over this eh?

Let's not fall out over this eh?

Agreed

18.gif

Was it multiple votes?

I thought it was just one...

Was it multiple votes?

Up to 3 votes per poster. I mean, obviously, this voting scheme will favour those who hide under multiple aliases, or is it aliai?

Hmmm, mebbe Guest MPFC should register and vote.

Was it multiple votes?

Up to 3 votes per poster. I mean, obviously, this voting scheme will favour those who hide under multiple aliases, or is it aliai?

Hmmm, mebbe Guest MPFC should register and vote.

Thats what makes it an utterly pointless exercise. The person creating the poll is more than one person, there are, undoubtedly, people on the list who are the creations of one and the same person and that makes its all a bit of a sham.

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest has fuck all on this place.

My favourite moment in a film ever is - either - 'These go up to eleven' in Spinal Tap or the moment when McMurphy hands Chief Bromden the chewing gum in Cuckoo's Nest.

Awesome.

My favourite moment in a film ever is - either - 'These go up to eleven' in Spinal Tap or the moment when McMurphy hands Chief Bromden the chewing gum in Cuckoo's Nest.

Awesome.

Surely you're forgetting the mad doctor scene in Pretty Peaches, MPFC.

Anubis (for his consistent appearance), Notapotato (for his nick) and Magere (because he's Dutch and chauvinism is da bomb).

Good poll, but really hard to choose. I've been very busy this week so this is the first time I've looked at it. For me the person whose posts I can read again and again, because they always make me laugh, is TLC, his self deprecating brand of humour is much missed on DL these days. His stories of weddings, drugs and wasps are classics in my book, not real 'deadpooling' but then most of mine aren't either.

Good poll, but really hard to choose. I've been very busy this week so this is the first time I've looked at it. For me the person whose posts I can read again and again, because they always make me laugh, is TLC, his self deprecating brand of humour is much missed on DL these days. His stories of weddings, drugs and wasps are classics in my book, not real 'deadpooling' but then most of mine aren't either.

Forget the poll for a minute because the above raises a really good point. I haven't a clue what 'real' deadpooling is either, other than focussing entirely on the survival chances of people, in which case we might as well restrict the forum to doctors. It strikes me that posting here is akin to going to footy matches. I didn't see much 'real' football watching the bad-tempered 0-0 collision of Carlisle and Gillingham last week but the banter between the crowds was good. And the Carlisle fans' chant of 'The wheels on your house go round and round,' baiting the Gillingham pikey contingent was superb. In other words, TLC, Lady G and others posting random thoughts and observations make the forum what it is, IMHO.

I've got to admit, this was a really difficult poll to complete, as has been pointed out, there are many DL members who offer much to the overall forum and make this such an interesting and unique site.

Anyway, my particular faves don't appear to be winning the people's choice award, but that's okay. Everyone's got something to contribute, good or bad, which is what keeps me coming back.

Feeding my ego, I'm glad to see I'm slightly more popular than iain/dave, which is probably a good thing to be.

Feeding my ego, I'm glad to see I'm slightly more popular than iain/dave, which is probably a good thing to be.

And I'm less popular than Banshees Scream; maybe I should have voted for myself.

Well, while SttG was logged on and refusing to vote, I, thinking there was only one vote, voted for Godot, on her behalf. Oh, how we laughed.

After quiet reflection, I decided on those that made the DL truly original for me and went for SC, TF and SttG. The last one was obviously partly a political vote, but I've got to live with the woman.

Well, while SttG was logged on and refusing to vote, I, thinking there was only one vote, voted for Godot, on her behalf. Oh, how we laughed.

After quiet reflection, I decided on those that made the DL truly original for me and went for SC, TF and SttG. The last one was obviously partly a political vote, but I've got to live with the woman.

Well at least I made the poll!!................................big nose.