Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Jeff Conaway

Guest Guest

The ever-tasteful VH1 is airing a show called Celebrity Rehab. One of the 'contestants' is washed-up actor Jeff Conaway (Grease, Taxi), who has apparently attempted suicide 21 times (eight paragraphs into the article). While his cork-popping abilities are clearly on a par with his acting skills, he seems like a right drug monkey and could be a possible candidate for an earlyish demise.

The ever-tasteful VH1 is airing a show called Celebrity Rehab. One of the 'contestants' is washed-up actor Jeff Conaway (Grease, Taxi), who has apparently attempted suicide 21 times (eight paragraphs into the article). While his cork-popping abilities are clearly on a par with his acting skills, he seems like a right drug monkey and could be a possible candidate for an earlyish demise.

You'd think he might eventually get it right. The world would be a better place, he's a "scheitscoff". (My German spelling sucks.)

As far as HollyWood in 2009 goes Jeff Conway must be a contender. He looked awful during his latest stint in ReHab and there were talk's of Kidney failure.

Conaway..... Does Grease or Taxi get him a UK obit?

Jeff Conaway (Taxi, Grease & Babylon5) has apparently had a brain haemorrhage and broken several bits falling downstairs.

Actor Jeff Conaway has a slew of serious injuries after falling down a staircase.

link

Hmmm, I remember seeing a snippet on the TV of him last year looking in a bad way from drugs etc. But he said he was over it and on the mend, although angry at the world. He looked pretty desperate. One to add to CP's list.

Two interesting nuggets from Wiki. He used to be married to Olivia Neutron-Bomb's sister, and once apparently pulled a knife on Noel Gallagher. So presumably a get well card from Liam is winging its way to California.

Jeff Conaway, Kenickie in 1978's Grease, may not make it to 2011, but he's reportedly planning his own funeral after a nasty fall, brain hemorrhage, hip surgery, and nearly 30 years of drug addictions

Apologies all... I posted this under "Deathlist 2011" and it got moved. Didn't realize that there was already a Jeff Conaway thread! (although in my defense I DID search the "Deathlist 2011" topic for his name!)

Jeff Conaway, Kenickie in 1978's Grease, may not make it to 2011, but he's reportedly planning his own funeral after a nasty fall, brain hemorrhage, hip surgery, and nearly 30 years of drug addictions

Actor Jeff Conaway, best known for playing Kenickie in Grease and aspiring actor Bobby in Taxi, has been hospitalised following an apparent overdose http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/b242680_jef...=imdb_tv-movies

Couldn't find a thread for washed up 70s/80s US sitcom actors so figured I'd start a new thread, would be guaranteed at least a small amount of UK press coverage. Sounds like he has embarked on the familiar drink/drugs downward spiral

I stand corrected there is a thread after all!

Never mind Taxis this guy's life is a car wreck!

It looks like Jeff Conaway's doctors are to reduce the impact of his carbon footprint by unplugging his life support machines any time now.

Now remind me again, Is switching off life support natural or unnatural? :rip:

EDIT: Having read the Daily Mail (yes, I know..) about the manor of his injuries, it would have to be an unnatural death, despite his previous form.

is it too late to put him on this years list? :rip:

It looks like Jeff Conaway's doctors are to reduce the impact of his carbon footprint by unplugging his life support machines any time now.

His ex-girlfriend blocks it.

Maybe she didn't list him in her deadpool this year and she wants to keep him on ice, so to speak. If so, I hope she's docked the points next year if he makes it that long. I'll be watching his progress for next year's list since he's:

the one that one I want, the one that I want, ooh ooh ooh....

She's claiming power of attorney, he's brain dead, his family dispute her claims. Can't recall which hospital he's in but it'll be easy to spot the lawyers lined up round the block. More drama than most of his acting performances.

If his life support system was thre only thing keeping him breathing and they were switching it off yesterday, how come he's not dead yet? :rip:

edit-just checked the rest of the thread and see his girlfriend stopped it .sorry

Diana In Heaven (yes, I know...) on Twitter says she's seen him in Heaven but there doesn't seem to be any other confirmation that he's departed these pastures.

This must be the lamest non-confirmation I've ever posted :rip:

Ex-gf's efforts were in vain then. Can Tony Danza die now please?

Diana In Heaven (yes, I know...) on Twitter says she's seen him in Heaven but there doesn't seem to be any other confirmation that he's departed these pastures.

This must be the lamest non-confirmation I've ever posted :rip:

I love the tweet she made about Janet Brown being in heaven is the closest they'll ever get to seeing Thatcher there