Lady Grendel

UK General Election 2010

Who Will Win  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With everything inbetween cash for questions, and the latest in expenses scandals do you think it would make much of a difference?

With everything inbetween cash for questions, and the latest in expenses scandals do you think it would make much of a difference?

Well it makes no diference to you apparently as you live in outer space or something, untouched by the grubby hand of politics...

First leaders debate...

..and by all accounts Nick Clegg came out on top.

God help us.

Anyone for a bit of swinging?

To interpret the punditry, analysis and results of the General Election, viewers and listeners should have a basic level of maths, says the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).

To make its point the RSC has arranged an election night "swinger" quiz with a £500 first prize and nine runner-up prizes of £50

RSC General Election Maths Quiz

EDIT: Bit unsure about the end of Q6 - I make total salt 48 g not 44 g although the 4 g difference does correspond to something pertinent

the grammes of X transferred to Z

in my calculations so I may be having language issues around the 'within a total of 44 grams of salt' part.

I'm not quite clear about the vote here. Is it asking us who we want to win or who we think will win? If it's the latter, shouldn't there have been an option for a hung Parliament? And why have two people voted BNP, other than they are having a joke, perhaps? I'm thinking a hung Parliament is most likely, probably Tories and Unionists. Now Labour and Lib Dems, my preferred HP, would be interesting as it might allow the LibDems to push through their PR proposals at last and Westminster would never be the same again. We would have to tolerate the BNP in the House of Commons and probably UKIP.

I'm sure there are members here who have little or no memory of a Tory government. They probably think the Tories couldn't possibly do any worse than Labour. Well they should be afraid, very afraid. In a Tory administration every MP would be eligible for their own duck house. Voters should be aware that most male Tory MPs like to dress in ladies' underwear - an established fact. The women are worse: they arm themselves with concrete re-enforced handbags as a first line of attack.

Unfortunately the Labour Party has copied too many of these traits. Only the LibDems, who fortify themselves with Mormon underpants and vests, can claim to be above suspicion. So they get my vote.

I'm not quite clear about the vote here. Is it asking us who we want to win or who we think will win? If it's the latter, shouldn't there have been an option for a hung Parliament? And why have two people voted BNP, other than they are having a joke, perhaps? I'm thinking a hung Parliament is most likely, probably Tories and Unionists. Now Labour and Lib Dems, my preferred HP, would be interesting as it might allow the LibDems to push through their PR proposals at last and Westminster would never be the same again. We would have to tolerate the BNP in the House of Commons and probably UKIP.

I'm sure there are members here who have little or no memory of a Tory government. They probably think the Tories couldn't possibly do any worse than Labour. Well they should be afraid, very afraid. In a Tory administration every MP would be eligible for their own duck house. Voters should be aware that most male Tory MPs like to dress in ladies' underwear - an established fact. The women are worse: they arm themselves with concrete re-enforced handbags as a first line of attack.

Unfortunately the Labour Party has copied too many of these traits. Only the LibDems, who fortify themselves with Mormon underpants and vests, can claim to be above suspicion. So they get my vote.

Are you forgetting one Mark Oaten?

Which constituency do you live in?

It's my understanding, and I have this on good authority, that at no stage did he remove his vest or underpants.

Which constituency do you live in?

Prestonpans, Jacobite to the core, hence the LibDems.

Well it's all over bar the shouting.

I suspect there will be a lot of shouting over the next few months.

First from the politicians when they discover the mess.....

Second from the civil (sic) servants when they are told that things have to change.

Third from the populace as they have hefty tax rises.

Oh to be in Greece..........

It's my understanding, and I have this on good authority, that at no stage did he remove his vest or underpants.

In that case, may I refer the honourable gentleman to one Baron Ashdown of Norton-sub-Hamdon, popularly known as Paddy; not for nothing was he dubbed Paddy Pantsdown.

Besides which, as some Mormon sects embrace polygamy, and if reports are to be belived, child marriages, I wouldn't be so quick to associate LibDems with Mormons.

In that case, may I refer the honourable gentleman to one Baron Ashdown of Norton-sub-Hamdon, popularly known as Paddy; not for nothing was he dubbed Paddy Pantsdown.

Besides which, as some Mormon sects embrace polygamy, and if reports are to be belived, child marriages, I wouldn't be so quick to associate LibDems with Mormons.

Paddy Ashdown was no Mormon. Things may have turned out very differently otherwise. I'm told the protective underwear is a relatively new development. It's not something they talk about.

Surely he had to remove his underpants to shit on that rentboy's chest?

The term "glass ceiling" is usually a metaphor which applies to women who are prevented from ascending the career ladder. In Mark Oaten's case, the glass ceiling existed in a rather more literal sense, for that is what is lay underneath, while his hired help did what he was paid to do on the other side of the glass table. I am not sure that Oaten reciprocated the favour and may therefore have kept his underwear on during the whole sordid scenario. Perhaps Godot will be able to provide us with some further clarification.

The term "glass ceiling" is usually a metaphor which applies to women who are prevented from ascending the career ladder. In Mark Oaten's case, the glass ceiling existed in a rather more literal sense, for that is what is lay underneath, while his hired help did what he was paid to do on the other side of the glass table. I am not sure that Oaten reciprocated the favour and may therefore have kept his underwear on during the whole sordid scenario. Perhaps Godot will be able to provide us with some further clarification.

I'm reliably informed that the Mormon underwear was introduced directly as a result of the Oaten experience. It must not be removed so there are flaps in appropriate places. Oaten had to go when he was exposed as a brownite.

I've just been to vote at my usual polling station, being welcomed by the same sight.

First, as you go to the enterance gate you find that Councillor Brian Topping has parked his 'SNP wagon' (clarted in posters) right in front of the entrance.

I was quite surprised as I approached the door of the polling station when he wasn't there. Then I went inside to find that he was inside the polling station, standing right beside the door to the actual hall where people vote.

w***er.

I've actually voted for him. Twice. I'm begining to wonder about Hampshire as Stephen Milligan's constituency was adjacent to Oaten's.

Can I just chip in here and say that as far as I'm aware, Mark Oaten's predilections weren't for the "glass bottom boat", but rather for paying rent boys to defecate in their own underwear, which he would then carry around with him in the Houses of Parliament inside a briefcase, the sexual thrill for him based around the possibility of being caught with a load of soil prozzie kecks on her person.

Do continue.

Have just voted Mormon tactically. My Labour Party candidate had a note from his teacher to have the day off school, didn't look old enough to go out with Gary Glitter. The Tory had almost too many names to fit on to the ballot paper and looked too posh for the Bullingdon Club whereas the LibDem offered me the lead role in James Cameron's new movie, Rinka. They're shooting it on Exmoor.

Can I just chip in here and say that as far as I'm aware, Mark Oaten's predilections weren't for the "glass bottom boat", but rather for paying rent boys to defecate in their own underwear, which he would then carry around with him in the Houses of Parliament inside a briefcase, the sexual thrill for him based around the possibility of being caught with a load of soil prozzie kecks on her person.

Do continue.

I presume that would have been Mormon underwear, little else being up to the job if you'll pardon the pun.

You wouldn't know there was an election going on in my constituency, there are no signs tied to lampposts, there have been no leaflets through the doors and no doorstep canvassing. The only party I have heard from is the Liberal Democrats, who have been sending me letters/leaflets etc weekly through the post. I didn't even know the name of the Labour or SNP candidates until I went to vote early this morning. Political apathy really does reign in the Scottish Borders, I've never seen anything like it, but I'm from Glasgow, famous for the 'Red Clydesiders'.

It's a straight fight between the Conservatives and the Lib Dems here. The Lib Dems have held the Westminster seat since 1983, they also won the Scottish Parliament seat in 1999 but lost it to the Conservatives in 2007. So the Conservatives have been targeting my constituency as one they think they can win. Their campaign seems to have consisted of arranging for Kenneth Clarke to visit the area on the day European airspace got shut down and their candidate, John Lamont, persuading some farmers to display large blue signs in their fields with the word 'Lamont' written across them in white lettering. Somebody was obviously very busy last night with some blue paint and white tape, as a lot of these signs now read 'Lament' :unsure: .

I went and voted on my way to work this morning and found that of the three major parties, one of the candidates doesn't even live in the constituency, one is so shy she didn't give an address but is apparently being chased by a housing association for rent owed, whilst the other looks a lot like a Harry Enfield character (Tory boy crossed with Tim Nice-but-dim anyone?).

The other three candidates consisted of the Green Party and UKIP, neither of whom figured on my radar owing to a total lack of communication, whilst the final one keeps being mistaken for Peter Stringfellow.

Sadly, there was no Monster Raving Loony Party candidate.

I see Esther Rantzen isn't quite as popular as she thought she was. The consumers have made their choice and switched to the other side. Just like old times then.