Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Quantickgate

So today's storm-in-a-Twatter is over Duncan Bannatyne threatening to sue one Twitter user over her making a joke about him fucking Deborah Meaden. Story can be found here. Some would say the faux-hardman Jock is being needlessly thin-skinned over this, others would say that Duncan has the right to get rid of things he feels could upset his friends and family from the internet. Anyway, who made the joke? None other than @sharongooner, who, if you go back to page one of this thread, was Quantock's main cheerleader in the "HOW DARE THESE PEOPLE SAY SUCH UPSETTING THIGNS ABOUT CELEBRITIES" stakes.

I look forward to Bannatyne sueing Harry & Paul for calling him Duncan Genocide.

Dragon Trivia - my old secondary school used to be two schools, a boy's and a girl's school - Deborah Meaden went to the girl's bit.

David Quantick is - apparently - our newest member, joined 5 July. Hasn't posted yet.

The real DQ?

David Quantick is - apparently - our newest member, joined 5 July. Hasn't posted yet.

The real DQ?

Amins have discussed this (Well, me & MH) highly unlikely the real deal.

Just bumping this to let you all know Mr Quantick is now aware that his namesake team won the DDP. He still thinks most deadpoolers are scum. He has his reasons for that, many of which are probably quite fair - I personally dislike the 'hurry up and die' type comments and actively celebrating people's deaths I find extremely distasteful too, which is why I don't post such things (though probably will break my rule on that when Ken Bates shuffles off this mortal coil downwards). But I also find this place a mine of information on long-forgotten celebs and most posts are affectionate even when mickytaking. So, hey ho...

I see he goes to thinking most of us are scum to most of us are okay within less than 20 mins.

Again, he has his reasons. I've not been in the position where a close personal friend's death has been discussed on an anonymous forum. Were I in that position I would possibly feel the same as him, or perhaps not.

I also know quite a few people who think only real names should be allowed when posting on forums. I can understand the logic of how people hiding behind usernames is cowardly, even if it's not an opinion I share personally, so I'm kind of sitting on the fence on this matter.

Just bumping this to let you all know Mr Quantick is now aware that his namesake team won the DDP. He still thinks most deadpoolers are scum. He has his reasons for that, many of which are probably quite fair - I personally dislike the 'hurry up and die' type comments and actively celebrating people's deaths I find extremely distasteful too, which is why I don't post such things (though probably will break my rule on that when Ken Bates shuffles off this mortal coil downwards). But I also find this place a mine of information on long-forgotten celebs and most posts are affectionate even when mickytaking. So, hey ho...

I agree with the 'hurry up and die' comments are distasteful and not necessary. With the exception of our esteemed late ambassador Ronnie Biggs, who enjoyed his time being on here, how many celebs actually visit deathlist? It's unlikely they would ever see the comments.

There is another David Quantic (note the slight spelling difference) on Twitter from LA who I believe is a writer.

Again, he has his reasons. I've not been in the position where a close personal friend's death has been discussed on an anonymous forum. Were I in that position I would possibly feel the same as him, or perhaps not.

I also know quite a few people who think only real names should be allowed when posting on forums. I can understand the logic of how people hiding behind usernames is cowardly, even if it's not an opinion I share personally, so I'm kind of sitting on the fence on this matter.

I can see your point. I found out today that a friend of mine sadly died a couple of days before Xmas and it has made me a bit more irritable with people than I usually am so I can see that grief can make people act with a bit less objectively than they may normally.

My problem with Quantick is his lack of consistency. He thinks we're mostly scum, has a quick twitter chat with a dead pool player and then thinks we're mostly okay. How many dead pool players has he actually sat down and spoken to?

Also, Quantick knows very well what dead pools are. He even plays in one, as was established earlier in this thread, why should there be one rule for him and one for everyone else? If someone who was totally unaware of dead pools found a relatives name in one, I'd be more sympathetic as it would be a hell of a shock, especially if it was a famous for being ill type of pick. As was also established, Quantick wasn't known for being a prim and proper type over gallows humour, so my original opinion of him as a hypocrite still stands.

• Like 1

Ooh I'm going to make hay with this!

We're back to being scum again.

I think I'll follow him for a few days. I wonder if he'll notice.

Might set my followers on Quantick tomorrow if I get bored at work, we'll see.

Guest Phoebo

Ire have  theme team of batty boys for da darby  next year and me make Dave Quantick joker yes

This was an interesting read

I agree with the 'hurry up and die' comments are distasteful and not necessary. With the exception of our esteemed late ambassador Ronnie Biggs, who enjoyed his time being on here, how many celebs actually visit deathlist? It's unlikely they would ever see the comments.

So far as I know from asking people more up to speed than myself when I meet them at DLCons, virtually no celebs visit and those minor ones who do - like BBC newsperson Eddie Mair - aren't usually the ones we're discussing.

I personally dislike the 'hurry up and die' type comments

I've noticed these seem to be on the increase. I'd like to see posts of this nature zapped. Distasteful and childish.

• Like 1

So far as I know from asking people more up to speed than myself when I meet them at DLCons, virtually no celebs visit and those minor ones who do - like BBC newsperson Eddie Mair - aren't usually the ones we're discussing.

Are you suggesting that the presenter of BBC Radio 4's flagship early evening news programme PM is a minor celebrity and not a deity of journalism?

Are you suggesting that the presenter of BBC Radio 4's flagship early evening news programme PM is a minor celebrity and not a deity of journalism?

Oooohhhh, okay then, but a minor diety, alright? Nobody comes close to Huw Edwards, right?

Oooohhhh, okay then, but a minor diety, alright? Nobody comes close to Huw Edwards, right?

War in Heaven. Top spot goes to Jim Naughtie.

Eddie Mair. Hmmmm...

Then...

image-26-for-editorial-pics-18-11-11-gal

Now...

p02w4hl3.jpg

That's quite a contrast.

Eddie Mair. Hmmmm...

Then...

image-26-for-editorial-pics-18-11-11-gal

Now...

p02w4hl3.jpg

That's quite a contrast.

Are these seriously the same person.

Looks like he might have been on the Nigel Lawson diet.