Paul Bearer

Fort William Football Club

Looks like the Fortmarine game is on today.

Go Fort!! (our Fort that is)

We need find a new perennial failure now. 2nd last ain't good enough. I suggest Jamie Cope.

0-0 HT at Lossiemouth so far tonight according to Twitter. They'd finish below Fort if that stands. Strathspey losing (as usual) too.

Aye, and Carlisle United conceded an equalising goal in the 99th minute tonight. Had we won it'd - probably - have been safety in the Football League. Then again, we had 30% possession and three attempts against Burton's 30, so we can't complain.

Away at Cove Rangers today, looks like it's on.

What, no rain?

• Like 1

What, no rain?

Away game!

What, no rain?

Away game!

Aye, an away game in Scotland.

Next game on Wednesday away to Rothes.

With the rare delight that Fort could lose 10-0 and still leave the park confident of finishing above Rothes.

Fort cantering to an easy win over Rothes tonight means they climb into the first page of the table (assuming you're looking at it in the digibox) and, surprisingly, gain a place on goal difference. It also denies Rothes the 47-0 win they'd have needed to climb off the bottom in their last game.

So, do we keep faith with the Fort or gravitate to Rothes in August?

I don't think one exceptional season is reason to switch sides. I trust they'll return to normal form.

I don't think one exceptional season is reason to switch sides. I trust they'll return to normal form.

Completely agree, DLers fickle? No way! Fuck knows, we kept faith with Ronald Biggs for long enough.

• Like 1

Fort 1 Cove 4. Back to normal then?

Nah, normal doesn't include loading the FIRST page of the Highland League table on the digibox and seeing Fort's name on that page.

This thread may be a suitable place to post details of Bournemouth's progress on their quest to undercut the worst Premiershit performance in history (current holders Derby County), during the 2015-16 season.

This thread may be a suitable place to post details of Bournemouth's progress on their quest to undercut the worst Premiershit performance in history (current holders Derby County), during the 2015-16 season.

I think they might stay up. The Southampton/Swansea style teams tend to click in the top league.

Feel free to quote and laugh next April when they have about 2 points.

I think they might stay up. The Southampton/Swansea style teams tend to click in the top league.

I think they won't. I'm thinking pure economics here. Their capacity is under 12,000, I.e. it's less than three quarters of what Carlisle United can squeeze in. In fact, Carlisle's one season in the top flight might get cited as a reality check for Bournemouth. I wouldn't be surprised if they progress the way we did, a brief honeymoon with unlikely wins and admiring comments from critics (we were top after three games!) followed by a steady slide into trouble as everyone susses how to defeat the limited number of tactical master plans at Bournemouth's disposal and injured key players mean skilfully challenged reserves are fielded with the daunting task of marking the likes of Wayne Rooney.

I'd love to see them pull off a Bradford City and go wild with celebration on the last day because they finished one above relegation, but I don't think it will happen.

I think they won't. I'm thinking pure economics here. Their capacity is under 12,000, I.e. it's less than three quarters of what Carlisle United can squeeze in. In fact, Carlisle's one season in the top flight might get cited as a reality check for Bournemouth. I wouldn't be surprised if they progress the way we did, a brief honeymoon with unlikely wins and admiring comments from critics (we were top after three games!) followed by a steady slide into trouble as everyone susses how to defeat the limited number of tactical master plans at Bournemouth's disposal and injured key players mean skilfully challenged reserves are fielded with the daunting task of marking the likes of Wayne Rooney.

I'd love to see them pull off a Bradford City and go wild with celebration on the last day because they finished one above relegation, but I don't think it will happen.

Aye, I concede all that, but, as I said when Thistle got promoted, they've "earned the right to go and get thumped" by better teams. :D

Though I never knew Carlisle were in the top flight before now. 1974 was a tad before my time, though, glancing at the table, 41 points in todays money is not too shabby. Wonder whatever happened to that team who got relegated one place above you!

I think, in Eddie Howe, they've got an outstanding manager. This alone won't guarantee survival of course, but it's a significant plus. Also, take into account some of the dross that's floating round the lower half of the premier table but not getting relegated this season - I think Bournemouth will easily hold their own with the likes of Sunderland, Hull, Palace, etc.

I believe Carlisle started off in Div 1 with a 2-0 away win against Chelsea.Wonder if AFCB can emulate that.

(Yes they did.)

I think, in Eddie Howe, they've got an outstanding manager. This alone won't guarantee survival of course, but it's a significant plus. Also, take into account some of the dross that's floating round the lower half of the premier table but not getting relegated this season - I think Bournemouth will easily hold their own with the likes of Sunderland, Hull, Palace, etc.

I believe Carlisle started off in Div 1 with a 2-0 away win against Chelsea.Wonder if AFCB can emulate that.

(Yes they did.)

Carlisle went top by beating - in order - Chelsea, Middlesborough and Spurs in the first three games.

Complete league table and results are here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974%E2%80%9375_Football_League_First_Division

Which will make it clear that - on the basis of that season - we have a 100% league record against Everton.

Rant over!

I'd love Bournemouth to survive and prosper, even if that is limited to lording it over the likes of Sunderland. Though when they beat Carlisle a few seasons back I stupidly told a smug steward we'd see them in a couple of seasons!

• Like 1