Paul Bearer

Fort William Football Club

Is the Cove cup game on tonight?

Is the Cove cup game on tonight?

It is, and Fort currently 2-0 adrift.

Who's daft idea were this then?

Three now :-(

what's the bleeding point. It's like being an Hammad Miah fan this.

Three now :-(

what's the bleeding point. It's like being an Hammad Miah fan this.

Paul Bearer started the thread but I'll cop for repeated postings about Fort's dire form that inspired it.

Re "the bleeding point" I'd say it's charting eternal hope in the face of near-inevitable defeat in the face of overwhelming odds and grabbing whatever crumbs of comfort are offered by the occasional gallows humour.

Much like the Deathlist site in general, really.

• Like 2

Fuckin' hell, Rothes just got a point and Fort's game was postponed.

It's getting nervy!

Rothes still showing latest score but 0-7 down, winning comeback unlikely!

Yer all wondering, obviously but today's news is: nae fitba!

Yer all wondering, obviously but today's news is: nae fitba!

What´s the excuse?

I'm guessing snow or rain.

Blowing a fucking hoolie as well.

In other news, I was talking to someone from Fort William last night, who now lives and works in the south of England. She hates the traffic jams but rates English weather as a great improvement on what she grew up wtih.

I had a look and didn't see anyone mentioned Fort's little issue in the summer. They've responded better than teams with much more money however: use of portacabins for changing rooms, etc.

I've also learnt that Claggan Park apparently has a beer garden bordering it which is easily accessible from the ground and vice versa, and which is very popular with fans.

Fort took on Turriff on Wednesday and played them to a creditable 9-0 defeat. Weather permitting, they take on Cove Rangers this coming Tuesday, which is a great opportunity to beat that scoreline.

Today's league match against Wick Academy is postponed.

Today's league match against Wick Academy is postponed.

So,a wee bit of wind and rain up there today, then?

I cut my English lawn, which has grown a fair bit in the warm(ish) weather over the last few weeks.

• Like 1

I cut my English lawn, which has grown a fair bit in the warm(ish) weather over the last few weeks.

Is that one of those "after 2000 years of TLC I think my lawn is fairly acceptible" jobs?

Is that one of those "after 2000 years of TLC I think my lawn is fairly acceptible" jobs?

Nah, merely an observation that whilst Scotland and a few of my family up in Cumbria get blown sideways and flooded out the south of England still feels like September. Truly, we have fucked over the weather systems of our beautiful planet big style.

Nah, merely an observation that whilst Scotland and a few of my family up in Cumbria get blown sideways and flooded out the south of England still feels like September. Truly, we have fucked over the weather systems of our beautiful planet big style.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. My lawn (which features more moss and weeds wild flowers than grass) has carried on growing through the mild wet weather we've had, and I was delighted to get the chance to hack it down mow it this week. But we've had some wild windy weather these past few days.

The weather in Rotterdam has been mild, but windy in the last few days, about 10 °C. The record temperature for 6 December in the Netherlands is 12.9 °C, in 1915.

With all due respects to Fort William their claims to a waterlogged pitch are paltry compared to the current state of Brunton Park, Carlisle.

In other news, had a very pleasant afternoon out in Welling, cheered greatly by watching my heroes stroll to a 5-0 win and a place in the third round of the cup. Now we'll dump Chelsea out and go down as the team who got The Special One sacked, or summat.

• Like 2

Lol.

post-14746-14494218793121.jpg

Lol.

post-14746-14494218793121.jpg

Aye, no laughing matter to those who were told the new flood defences - installed since the 2005 floods - were safe to the point of protecting against a 'once in 100 years' event.

In other news; the discovery of a goldfish on the pitch in 2005 has been trumped by the discovery of a trout on the pitch this weekend.

• Like 2