Paul Bearer

Fort William Football Club

I think they're playing tonight.

Not according to their website. Nairn County away on Saturday.

Aye, I'll second (I mean third) that. Chill out PB, I'm keeping tabs on progress and posting when required. Nairn 8th, the Fort 13th, the winning streak may be under threat!

Just looked at their Facebook page, they beat Welfare select 7-0. I assume this was a friendly. Yes, I think it's about I got myself a life ;-)

Just looked at their Facebook page, they beat Welfare select 7-0. I assume this was a friendly. Yes, I think it's about I got myself a life ;-)

Nah, stay online and name the guilty idiot who that picked a "select" team so bad the Fort tanked them 7-0!

Aye, I'll second (I mean third) that. Chill out PB, I'm keeping tabs on progress and posting when required. Nairn 8th, the Fort 13th, the winning streak may be under threat!

Nairn triumph for the 27th time in 28 meetings. Four - Nil.

On the bright side, all the teams below Fort also lost by four goals, except Keith, who lost by five.

On the bright side, all the teams below Fort also lost by four goals, except Keith, who lost by five.

Ah, you beat me to it, just returned from watching Carlisle capitulate at Luton. We had a chance because we played a fair chunk of the second half against ten men. Our shooting was more danger to the planes coming into the airport than it was to their keeper, mind.

Ah, you beat me to it, just returned from watching Carlisle capitulate at Luton. We had a chance because we played a fair chunk of the second half against ten men. Our shooting was more danger to the planes coming into the airport than it was to their keeper, mind.

Strangely enough, I was going to preface the post with "Mary's obviously got stuck in Luton".

Anyway, I was bored at work, sorry!

(In fact I'm so bored, I'm even doing the 'quizzes' & 'surveys' posted to me on farce book.)

You had one job. To report on our 5 in a row victory. And you couldn't even do that. One job. ;-)

• Like 2

Weather permitting there's a nail-biting double header (18th and 21st of Feb) coming up against lowly Rothes, one game rescheduled, one still in its original slot. Points for the Fort definitely possible. Winning ways may be restored.

Subject to a 2pm pitch inspection. Hopefully we can get back to our winning ways.

Just been announced on their Facebook page. Postponed due to waterlogged pitch.

Not sure where to put this but snookers equivelant to Fort William FC in Ahmed Saif broke his major milestone yesterday in winning his first match in a proffessional ranking event 4-0 over Anthony Hamilton before losing in the evening matches of L64. Maybe we should adopt this perennial loser as our mascot, although we may have to delve into amateur stuff as he needs earn about 40k in two months to progress to next year. Some other options would be Chuan Leong Thor and Steve Mifsud who are guaranteed to be on tour next year despite not winning a match this season!

They'll be playing three days a week when the sun comes out just to complete the season in time.

• Like 1

They'll be playing three days a week when the sun comes out just to complete the season in time.

They'll never be playing one day a week let alone three. This is Scotland were on about.

Has Ched Evans signed yet?

Has Ched Evans signed yet?

We had that chat a while back, tweaked with the observation that he might be a "safe" option as the cold of a Scots winter ravaged his libido. If he has signed, we might never know given the lack of games this year.

Game off. Frozen pitch :-(

B,,b,b-ut, I took the sleeper, I'm just crossing the mighty viaduct and Fort William is almost in sight. You're telling me I've spent £200 just so's they can give me a Bovril and tell me to fuck off, again!

B,,b,b-ut, I took the sleeper, I'm just crossing the mighty viaduct and Fort William is almost in sight. You're telling me I've spent £200 just so's they can give me a Bovril and tell me to fuck off, again!

Looks like it :-( Season ends on the 18th of April I think. I reckon they could be playing 2-3 games a week before season end.

You could always let them know we're rooting for them.

Did they give you a Bovril and tell you you're at the wrong ground?

Excuse me if I ask something stupid, offensive or blasphemous, but wouldn't it be better if the Scottish footy leagues played their games in summer, as the Swedes and Norwegians do?

regards,

Hein

• Like 2

Excuse me if I ask something stupid, offensive or blasphemous, but wouldn't it be better if the Scottish footy leagues played their games in summer, as the Swedes and Norwegians do?

regards,

Hein

But it would clash with the cricket season. :P

regards,

Hein

God job crickets an English sport then..

regards,

Hein

God job crickets an English sport then..

Ah well now, I wondered about that, but decided that Mr O'Falk will know that well enough hence the :P on the end. I mean you can't live here and not know of Midlothian or Dumbartonshire County Cricket teams can you? :S

• Like 1

Did they give you a Bovril and tell you you're at the wrong ground?

Since when could a club like the Fort afford to turn away a paying customer?

regards,

Hein

So, cricket fan, given Scotland's place in the cricket world cup, would the country benefit from pooling its best domestic players in one county side and trying to fight their way into the English game?