Paul Bearer

Fort William Football Club

Game off. Frozen pitch :-(

B,,b,b-ut, I took the sleeper, I'm just crossing the mighty viaduct and Fort William is almost in sight. You're telling me I've spent £200 just so's they can give me a Bovril and tell me to fuck off, again!

Did they give you a Bovril and tell you you're at the wrong ground?

Since when could a club like the Fort afford to turn away a paying customer?

Of course; I meant sell you a Bovril!

Excuse me if I ask something stupid, offensive or blasphemous, but wouldn't it be better if the Scottish footy leagues played their games in summer, as the Swedes and Norwegians do?

regards,

Hein

But it would clash with the cricket season. :P

God job crickets an English sport then..

Ah well now, I wondered about that, but decided that Mr O'Falk will know that well enough hence the :P on the end. I mean you can't live here and not know of Midlothian or Dumbartonshire County Cricket teams can you? :S

The Netherlands have a national cricket team too.

Postponed again. Waterlogged pitch. I wonder if they'll extend the season. :-(

Postponed again. Waterlogged pitch. I wonder if they'll extend the season. :-(

Or put every single team on Rannoch Moor, throw in balls and let them all play the outstanding fixtures at the same time!!

TV gold.

• Like 1

Yep! You've guessed it. Waterlogged pitch again :-(

Rothes took an utter tanking 0-9.

Fort's fixture congestion is - surely - a major issue to the league now.

Six now, if I count correctly. I imagine the chap who runs the technical side of the league is not amused.

Off now, World All-Round Speed Skating Championships starts in a few minutes.

See? The Dutch and their speed skating?

Mind you, All the way round the world seems a bit of an endurance test to me, even for the dedicated and it must be expensive refrigerating the equatorial bits....

Oh, is that the time? Got to go.

Guess all the worms in the pitch have drowned by now...

• Like 1

Aye, The Fort are currently top of the local water polo league.

Would the not be better playing at another ground in winter?

Would the not be better playing at another ground in winter?

Aye, but if you look at the location of Highland League teams and consider their budgets, that isn't the easy solution it sounds. Frankly, they'd be better running the season from March to October (but that'd play hell with the logistics for any team promoted out of the Highland League). For the Fort, the presence of some talented seasonal workers in town might strengthen the squad and a few tourist pounds would swell the coffers (the one and only time I went I was on holiday up there).

Rothes beaten 3-1, mind, they have eight games left, have played seven more game than The Fort and are 7 points behind them, with a far inferior goal difference. Mathematically Fort could still finish bottom, realistically, they won't.

Today's game........... ON. Yay!!!!!!!

Oh, the suspense...

Today's game........... ON. Yay!!!!!!!

Oh, the suspense...

May well return to the familiar tankings for a match or two. Apart from owt else there's the tricky question of match fitness since the recent break is longer than some players get between major tournaments and the start of the following season.

I can't cope with this mid-table respectability, I'm switching my allegiance to Rothes. 10 points from 28 matches and a gd of -88. Figures Fort used to dream off!

(although, if Fort win their 8 games in hand over Buckie Thistle, they'll soar to one place above Buckie Thistle, but still in the bottom half of the table).

I can't cope with this mid-table respectability, I'm switching my allegiance to Rothes. 10 points from 28 matches and a gd of -88. Figures Fort used to dream off!

(although, if Fort win their 8 games in hand over Buckie Thistle, they'll soar to one place above Buckie Thistle, but still in the bottom half of the table).

I understand, such mediocrity is hardly bearable. I trust it's just a temporary, eh, bump and that the Fort will return to their regular form soon.

I understand, such mediocrity is hardly bearable. I trust it's just a temporary, eh, bump and that the Fort will return to their regular form soon.

We can only hope so. Rothes appear unreachable in their current depths, and my heart sinks every time I open the league table and see Fort on page one as the Digibox lays it out.

Next game -v- Forres on Wednesday night 8pm kick off.

Incidentally, that 3-2 win yesterday, involved beating the club in THIRD place in the league. Go Fort!

• Like 1

Full time in tonight's game Fort 0 Forres 3

Yeah, I felt a wave of relief at the sight of that result. Still, on twenty points, ten points clear of Rothes, mind, Rothes' maximum points currently stand at 31 so it's only a few games before Fort are mathematically certain of being unable to finish bottom.