The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2012

"just one more thing..." Colombo himself, Peter Falk, due to turn 84 this year has been suffering from dementia for several years now.

Really?

Yep since about 2007 I believe, resides in a nursing home daughter handling his affairs

Staying with sitcom veterans, here a few to keep an eye on;

1) Patricia Routledge (Hyacinth Bucket) - 82 on 17th February

2) Edna Dore (though perhaps best known for playing Mo Butcher in EastEnders) - 88 or 89

3) Liz Smith - 89, retired in assisted living

4) June Whitfield - 85

5) Peter Sallis - 90 on 1st February

6) Richard O'Sullivan - 66 (in a retirement home after suffering a stroke in 2003)

Other TV stars worth a mention are Bill 'Arthur Fowler' Treacher - 80 some evidence of stress-related illness perhaps?

Corrie's Queen of the hotpots Betty Williams - 90

Gudrun 'Supergran' Ure - 84

Frank Windsor - 83

Leonard Fenton (Dr. Legg in EE) - 84

also might be worthwhile to "keep em peeled" for Shaw Taylor - 86

Is there a thread for Radio Presenters? Just Nicholas Parsons (87) and Jimmy Young (89) are certainly viable candidates

"just one more thing..." Colombo himself, Peter Falk, due to turn 84 this year has been suffering from dementia for several years now.

Really?

Yep since about 2007 I believe, resides in a nursing home daughter handling his affairs

JR976evil Please re-register.

Really?

Have done so but still getting same message, log in details not found

Didn't know Supergran was still alive! That has made my day!

I just found an interesting, if slightly obscure one: Georges Henry, a French jazz musician who played alongside the likes of Django Reinhardt and Henri Salvador, is still alive. He was born in 1919:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Henry

We'd probably better start keeping a closer eye on Dr Ann McPherson. I'm guessing she won't make 2012, since she'd DDT's DDP joker and he's already scoring well in that competition, along with having over half the points needed to win the Deathrace.

But I didn't see any other Deathrace teams sporting her talents, and I'm not sure she'll be a major DDP pick this year.

We'd probably better start keeping a closer eye on Dr Ann McPherson. I'm guessing she won't make 2012, since she'd DDT's DDP joker and he's already scoring well in that competition, along with having over half the points needed to win the Deathrace.

But I didn't see any other Deathrace teams sporting her talents, and I'm not sure she'll be a major DDP pick this year.

All I can really remember about "Diary of a Teenage Health Freak" is that my teachers at school at the time were adamant that none of us should watch it because of it's "adult" content. I think the lead actor in it had some hella-pockmarked, General Noriega/Bryan Adams-esque skin as well.

I had her as my first substitute for my line-up.... "terminally ill" I can go with but I couldn't find any other information as to what her ailment specifically was, and when a writer starts using vague "I'm totes dying y'all" shouts in order to put across Serious Political Points in broadsheet articles, I tend to think they've probably got more time than they're letting on (see also: Mike Marqusee, who could have featured on a "Former Trots Who Like Israel" theme team with Hitchens I suppose).

Guest DDT

All I can really remember about "Diary of a Teenage Health Freak" is that my teachers at school at the time were adamant that none of us should watch it because of it's "adult" content. I think the lead actor in it had some hella-pockmarked, General Noriega/Bryan Adams-esque skin as well.

I had her as my first substitute for my line-up.... "terminally ill" I can go with but I couldn't find any other information as to what her ailment specifically was, and when a writer starts using vague "I'm totes dying y'all" shouts in order to put across Serious Political Points in broadsheet articles, I tend to think they've probably got more time than they're letting on (see also: Mike Marqusee, who could have featured on a "Former Trots Who Like Israel" theme team with Hitchens I suppose).

She has incurable pancreatic cancer and is also an advocate of assisted suicide. I'm hoping that no one else has picked her (probably no chance!) and that she will end her own suffering on the thirteenth of any month.

Didn't know Supergran was still alive! That has made my day!

I just found an interesting, if slightly obscure one: Georges Henry, a French jazz musician who played alongside the likes of Django Reinhardt and Henri Salvador, is still alive. He was born in 1919:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Henry

Yup indeed, can't say the same for her old nemesis Scunner Campbell aka Ian Cuthbertson, died not too long ago.

Quite a few still hanging on worth watching out for, like American fitness guru Jack Lalanne, 96, though he could still be here 10 years from now, not that well-known over here but his death would probably make the news, he was one of the pioneers of modern fitness culture. Bill Kerr is another, aged 88, best known for being on Hancock's Half Hour during it's radio days, think he's the only surviving main cast member. Also Fyvush Finkel, 88, seen fairly recently if only fleetingly in the Coen Brothers' A Serious Man. And lets not forget the nations favourite gaffe-maker, Prince Philip, think he hits the big 9-0 this year?

Gene Wilder was looking rough in a magazine article I saw earlier (Can't remember which celebrity magazine it was... they're all the same in my mind). Apparently he's been 'ill', we'll see how that plays out.

Gene Wilder was looking rough in a magazine article I saw earlier (Can't remember which celebrity magazine it was... they're all the same in my mind). Apparently he's been 'ill', we'll see how that plays out.

I've got him on my list, I've had him on for a while now.

Had a lengthy battle with cancer, plus is 76 now so worth watching for sure

Have done so but still getting same message, log in details not found

We're suffering from spammers at the moment, so we use a validation queue for member registration. I was a bit over-zealous in cleaning it out and deleted your application. I'm afraid you'll have to go through the whole process again, from the registration page. I think you can re-use your old user name and email address. Should that fail, use a name that is obviously similar to the old one. I can always change it to what you like.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

regards,

Hein

Any chance I could swap one of my team for 'Baby-Doc' Duvalier?

There are rumours that Duvalier may have returned to Haiti because he is gravely ill and wants to see him homeland again before he dies. More specifically, a Haitian twitterer (you don't get many of those to the pound) claims that Duvalier has pancreatic cancer.

There are rumours that Duvalier may have returned to Haiti because he is gravely ill and wants to see him homeland again before he dies. More specifically, a Haitian twitterer (you don't get many of those to the pound) claims that Duvalier has pancreatic cancer.

Yes, I've subsequently heard those rumours too, though what prompted me to ask for a swap was the possibility of some political opponent arranging an accident (or some nutter just taking him out).

"Not Sleeping Just Bloody Dead", has him as a unique pick in this years DDP.

Yes, I've subsequently heard those rumours too, though what prompted me to ask for a swap was the possibility of some political opponent arranging an accident (or some nutter just taking him out).

"Not Sleeping Just Bloody Dead", has him as a unique pick in this years DDP.

*switches out Gabrielle Giffords for Duvalier on RDP*

These two may have been mentioned in other threads, but notorious Ozzie ex-con Mark "Chopper" Read and kiddies favourite Sidney Cooke are ones to watch, Cooke is 83 now, Read has been battling Hepatitis C For almost 3 years now diagnosed as having between 2-5 years to live, needs a liver transplant but says he would refuse if offered, may well not even see out this year.

Chopper Read would likely receive some media coverage in the UK as he is a best-selling author and artist, and was also the subject of an acclaimed biopic starring Eric Bana.

Quite a few still hanging on worth watching out for, like American fitness guru Jack Lalanne, 96, though he could still be here 10 years from now, not that well-known over here but his death would probably make the news, he was one of the pioneers of modern fitness culture.

Well whattya know, I forecast 10 years he don't even last a week...

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebr...anne/index.html

She has incurable pancreatic cancer and is also an advocate of assisted suicide. I'm hoping that no one else has picked her (probably no chance!) and that she will end her own suffering on the thirteenth of any month.

An excellent article on Dr McPherson in today's Independent.

An excellent article on Dr McPherson in today's Independent.

Just how was she missed off this year's list? Talk about a dead cert ;)

Japanese filmmaker Nagisa Oshima (In The Realm Of The Senses, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, Gohatto) is one worth watching, now aged 78, has suffered 3 strokes since 1996, hasn't made a film since 1999. Was a damn fine director, for the record

Regarding Dr McPherson and her ilk...didn't we used to have a thread for deaths in the CURRENT YEAR worth watching. I.e. something dedicated to those who came up fast and died before we could bag them in the next year's deadpools. Ann McPherson is such a creature, she is sitting pretty as an occasional deadpool pick but most of us had missed her. She will not see 2012.

American morning show host, Regis Philbin, to have heart bypass surgery.

link

to be more exact, it's a triple heart bypass surgery.

Having listened to his Christmas CD that he released in 2005 that contained a duet with Donald Trump, I just hope that the surgeon hasn't heard the same CD

regis-philbin-dying.jpg

Canadian explorer and author Don Starkell, 77, is currently battling cancer. He holds the world record for the longest canoe journey, having paddled from Winnipeg to Brazil and back again. He also lost the tips of most of his fingers and toes when he tried to paddle to the Arctic and then sustained serious injuries when his house caught fire last year.