Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

So which Buranovskiye Babushki member are you shortlisting for 2013 then?

• Like 3

So which Buranovskiye Babushki member are you shortlisting for 2013 then?

Some of them look in really good health considering their age !! Must be all the vodka keeping them looking so young.

Musician/composer/arranger/conductor Frode Thingnæs, who holds the honour and distinction of writing two last-placed Eurovision songs for Norway in the mid-70s, er død.

I'm picturing a Scandinavian Ronnie Hazlehurst.

I just wanted to say Hello. I like the ESC :wub:

Oh, Margot Hielscher... :shock2: Thought about her, too...

Strangely, the German Wikipedia site but not the English one is reporting the death of Emilio Pericoli (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emilio_Pericoli) who represented Italy in 1963 coming third with the reasonably quirky "Uno per tutte". Personally I preferred Francoise Hardy and that well-know Luxembourger, Nana Mouskouri that year, but...

Silvi Vrait dying is a massive death for Estonia; she was kind of a matriarch of music there. Sad news - I liked her Eurovision song a lot, and her death will leave a large hole in any future Eesti Lauls.

And as for 1994 being the worst Eurovision ever - admittedly it wasn't one of the better years but any Eurovision featuring Elisabeth Andreassen and a former member of Family Four can't be all bad. How the hell Rock N Sodding Roll Kids won I'll never know - Germany were ROBBED

What is the worst year then? (Knows almost nothing about Eurovision and can't stand watching it, but just wants to know out of morbid curiosity)

What is the worst year then? (Knows almost nothing about Eurovision and can't stand watching it, but just wants to know out of morbid curiosity)

Every year.

For some weird reason countries tend to vote for the countries most closest to them , biggest load of crap on TV and the BBC uses large amounts of TV licence money to fund it . It then precedes to the mickey out of it and send bad singers to the contest . So yea millions of pounds for one nights TV so the BBC can feel a little superior about itself . What the BBC don't know though is it now produces the same level of crap as eurovision it just hasn't realised it yet , the BBC is not very self aware.

Oh and yes we are forced to fund a private company in the UK by law.

I think Eurovision is funded by several TV companies across Europe but I'm assuming you're not too keen on Europe either by the vibe I'm getting...

I think Eurovision is funded by several TV companies across Europe but I'm assuming you're not too keen on Europe either by the vibe I'm getting...

Ok, so if you don't like the BBC wasting time and money making a huge deal out of a campy contest, it's because you're a seething racist or whatever.

What's the crude and transparent emotional blackmail/smear you use to put down someone who complains about BBC wasting literally tens of millions buying the rights to a terrible, faded, horrible little racing series which only became available because not even ITV considered it good enough any more, while their educative/factual output languishes in a sea of repeats, and the few new commissions there are descend further and further into small-scale esoterica and/poor, muddled narration/pacing? An annoying-tinny-engined-robot-cars-go-round-and-round-a-painfully-dull-and-angular-track-that-looks-like-a-twisted-coat-hanger-from-above-while-an-annoying-Scot-who-probably-couldn't-even-get-hired-as-a-presenter-on-QVC-witters-on-about-some-unfathomable-"DRS"-nonsense-or-something-which-absolutely-no-one-who's-ever-even-got-to-1st-base-gives-a-shit-about-ophobe?

Ok, so if you don't like the BBC wasting time and money making a huge deal out of a campy contest, it's because you're a seething racist or whatever.

What's the crude and transparent emotional blackmail/smear you use to put down someone who complains about BBC wasting literally tens of millions buying the rights to a terrible, faded, horrible little racing series which only became available because not even ITV considered it good enough any more, while their educative/factual output languishes in a sea of repeats, and the few new commissions there are descend further and further into small-scale esoterica and/poor, muddled narration/pacing? An annoying-tinny-engined-robot-cars-go-round-and-round-a-painfully-dull-and-angular-track-that-looks-like-a-twisted-coat-hanger-from-above-while-an-annoying-Scot-who-probably-couldn't-even-get-hired-as-a-presenter-on-QVC-witters-on-about-some-unfathomable-"DRS"-nonsense-or-something-which-absolutely-no-one-who's-ever-even-got-to-1st-base-gives-a-shit-about-ophobe?

What?
  • Like 1

Every year.

For some weird reason countries tend to vote for the countries most closest to them , biggest load of crap on TV and the BBC uses large amounts of TV licence money to fund it . It then precedes to the mickey out of it and send bad singers to the contest . So yea millions of pounds for one nights TV so the BBC can feel a little superior about itself . What the BBC don't know though is it now produces the same level of crap as eurovision it just hasn't realised it yet , the BBC is not very self aware.

WE LOVE THE LICENSE FEE!!!

License Fee vs BBC with adverts

I know which I prefer.

• Like 1

Every year.

I know which I prefer.

Well there was a time I would agree with you about the licence fee but not anymore. i.e when you actually got value for money . The BBC churns out cheap TV and the same old phone in reality TV shows now. When was the last time the BBC produced a good comedy I would say a good ten years ago now , but comedy is subjective we all have different tastes when it comes to good comedy.

The BBC now receives funding from EU which is in breech of its agreement to only receiving funding from the British people.

You then have the way the BBC likes to waste our money , 6 million for Johnathan ross which equals 41000 thousand people paid their licence fee just for the ermm 'privilege' of listening to Johnathan ross every friday. I'm sure he gets something similar at ITV but we are not forced to pay for it.

Not to mention these stories you hear virtually every week.

http://www.telegraph...-500-staff.html

http://news.sky.com/story/1110234/bbc-boss-received-800000-in-final-year

2 months work for £800 000 nice work if you can get it.

http://blogs.telegra...an-100-million/

If the BBC had to fund itself i'm sure the money would be spent alot more wisely . The BBC uses the British people as a cash machine.

Lets not even talk about the unscrupulous behaviour of the TV licence collection . Threats on the door , looking though windows and one story i read a Tv licence man convinced a young boy of 7 to let him into their home while his mum was in the garden . The whole guilty before innocent thing pisses me off too. I think given the freedom of choice people would rather save 145 pounds a year and have adverts , the bbc knows this hence the reason why is tells people instead of asking them to pay.

Don't get me started on the whole peado BBC cover up either.

http://www.thisismon...ne-in-scam.html The contest scams . How many more has it scammed and got away with that we don't

know about it has a history of covering things up.

Yea so there's that. :D

Not a bad use of govt money if you ask me.

Every year.

I know which I prefer.

Well there was a time I would agree with you about the licence fee but not anymore. i.e when you actually got value for money . The BBC churns out cheap TV and the same old phone in reality TV shows now. When was the last time the BBC produced a good comedy I would say a good ten years ago now , but comedy is subjective we all have different tastes when it comes to good comedy.

The BBC now receives funding from EU which is in breech of its agreement to only receiving funding from the British people.

You then have the way the BBC likes to waste our money , 6 million for Johnathan ross which equals 41000 thousand people paid their licence fee just for the ermm 'privilege' of listening to Johnathan ross every friday. I'm sure he gets something similar at ITV but we are not forced to pay for it.

If the BBC had to fund itself i'm sure the money would be spent alot more wisely . The BBC uses the British people as a cash machine.

Lets not even talk about the unscrupulous behaviour of the TV licence collection . Threats on the door , looking though windows and one story i read a Tv licence man convinced a young boy of 7 to let him into their home while his mum was in the garden . The whole guilty before innocent thing pisses me off too. I think given the freedom of choice people would rather save 145 pounds a year and have adverts , the bbc knows this hence the reason why is tells people instead of asking them to pay.

http://www.thisismon...ne-in-scam.html The contest scams . How many more has it scammed and got away with that we don't

I wont be expecting any obits from the bbc.co.uk website from you then, since you wouldn't access their website...

...oh wait a minute!

Every year.

I know which I prefer.

I wont be expecting any obits from the bbc.co.uk website from you then, since you wouldn't access their website...

...oh wait a minute!

Well truth be told i rarely access their website and i never watch TV , but it doesn't mean i completely boycott everything BBC afterall they are huge part of UK media. I just think they should fund themselves and stop taking money off people who can hardly afford it.

Every year.

I know which I prefer.

Yes the BBC is not perfect because a lot of people have had their fingers in the pie but the same is true of other institutions which we value highly (the NHS) but the faults in management should not be taken as an excuse to violate the principal. Many of the people who are critical of the BBC have their own agenda particularly from the pay TV lobby. I don't watch a lot of TV but most of what I do watch is on BBC - Doctor Who, Merlin, Emma, Horrible Histories, Miranda, Horizon, Nature Documentries etc.

Every year.

I know which I prefer.

Yes the BBC is not perfect because a lot of people have had their fingers in the pie but the same is true of other institutions which we value highly (the NHS) but the faults in management should not be taken as an excuse to violate the principal. Many of the people who are critical of the BBC have their own agenda particularly from the pay TV lobby. I don't watch a lot of TV but most of what I do watch is on BBC - Doctor Who, Merlin, Emma, Horrible Histories, Miranda, Horizon, Nature Documentries etc.

Well my agenda is simply the bbc taking advantage of the British people in the 90s even into the 2000s i would of thought the BBC was worth it, now though not at all. Clearly taking advantage. Simple maths really , tens of millions off the EU, making millions of strictly come dancing and the voice yet it is cutting back on services and football coverage.

I like fairness in society and I think the best way and the fair way , is people who want it pay for it and the people that don't shouldn't pay . I.e a subscription.

There was one you tuber called 'tjokayaking' who really went in depth and even went to court when people had been summoned for tv licence. He said the large

majority of the people where people on benefits and single mothers being fined on average 300 pounds.

I would be more inclined to fund the bbc is they done more community related shows like crimewatch etc but fining and sucking money out the poor isn't something im comfortable with afterall its the poor who have the most trouble paying.

TV programme's are just distractions anyway its not about entertainment anymore its about propaganda .

I didn't realize the BBC forced "the poor" to own a TV.

• Like 3

This has just reminded me that my licence payment is overdue!

Re 'The poor'.

The current BBC licence fee is £145.50. That's the equivalent of 40 pence per day. Less than the price of one glass of wine/pint of beer/alcopop per week.

If there is anyone so poor that they can't afford this, they should sell their TV and buy some food.

• Like 1

Although this question requires further thought I'm tempted to say 1959 if only because I still do not understand how Teddy Scholten and her rather twee song beat Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson.

I watched them all a few years ago - 1961 was the worst one in my opinion. Other than the UK entry (Allisons - Are You Sure) it was dire.

Anyway, to drag it back on topic - Bernie Nolan's death is another strike for Eurovision. The Nolans entered A Song For Europe in 1979 with 'Harry My Honolulu Lover' and came fourth (Black Lace won...)

• Like 1