Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

Lynsey de Paul who represented the UK in 1977 with Rock Bottom has died aged 64.

She was the partner of Angus Deayton for some years.

No! Honestly?

• Like 2

Lynsey de Paul who represented the UK in 1977 with Rock Bottom has died aged 64.

No! Honestly?

Which bit?

No! Honestly?

Which bit?

No! Honestly?

Which bit?

Aaah my knowledge of her out put is pretty much rock bottom.

I thought I remembered that, but there's no mention of him in the BBC report, although various other blokes are namechecked.

I thought I remembered that, but there's no mention of him in the BBC report, although various other blokes are namechecked.

I think you're confusing her with Stephanie de Sykes.

• Like 1

I stand corrected. Although Lynsey did write for Stephanie.

I stand corrected. Although Lynsey did write for Stephanie.

Ah, that'll be it then. Thanks.

Dead pooling issue on de Paul assuming she's on DDP teams. I worked with someone who went to school with her and swore blind she'd knocked a few years off her age from the start of her showbiz career.

Apologies, work software lets me on here but blocks the "bad taste" DDP so I can't check if she was picked.

Dead pooling issue on de Paul assuming she's on DDP teams. I worked with someone who went to school with her and swore blind she'd knocked a few years off her age from the start of her showbiz career.

Apologies, work software lets me on here but blocks the "bad taste" DDP so I can't check if she was picked.

She wasn't.

Edit: According to Free BMD she was born in 1948 not 1950

She wasn't.

Edit: According to Free BMD she was born in 1948 not 1950

ldp.jpg

She was never picked for the DDP...

Really sad news. I once saw her in Finchley Road Waitrose buying carrots. I knew she was small, but she was *tiny*.

And We Wuz Robbed in 1977 *shakes fists at Ireland for giving us nul points*

Really sad news. I once saw her in Finchley Road Waitrose buying carrots. I knew she was small, but she was *tiny*.

We still wouldn't have won, we ended up 15 points behind France. Both Greece and Switzerland gave us nul pointe too, but awarded France sept pointe and douze pointe respectively, so I blame them.

We still wouldn't have won, we ended up 15 points behind France. Both Greece and Switzerland gave us nul pointe too, but awarded France sept pointe and douze pointe respectively, so I blame them.

So does the rest of Europe: They've never won since...

Awwww, sad news. :o "Rock Bottom" is probably my favourite UK Eurovision entry.

I'm blaming the Irish...

So does the rest of Europe: They've never won since...

I was interested to see this paragraph in the independent obituary

In 1977 she and Mike Moran started writing songs together and “Rock Bottom” was the UK entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. They had written the song for Blue Mink and unfortunately it was not the right material for the Contest, and fared badly

Fared badly? Second?

Any UK entry in the last ten years would take second even to the French than over the dismal showings we have put in.

I was interested to see this paragraph in the independent obituary

In 1977 she and Mike Moran started writing songs together and “Rock Bottom” was the UK entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. They had written the song for Blue Mink and unfortunately it was not the right material for the Contest, and fared badly

Fared badly? Second?

Any UK entry in the last ten years would take second even to the French than over the dismal showings we have put in.

Yes, but back in those days they wanted to win.

Nowadays it seems all efforts are concentrated on making sure we don't win, so that they don't have the expense of hosting the next one. ;)

But Ireland are supposed to be our friends, plus Rock Bottom was a big hit over there. Oirish eejits.

But Ireland are supposed to be our friends, plus Rock Bottom was a big hit over there. Oirish eejits.

But back then the public had no say, it was all down to 'industry experts'

Perhaps we should look at Gilbert & Sullivan for some inspiration.

I have a little list

regards,

Hein

• Like 2

Perhaps we should look at Gilbert & Sullivan for some inspiration.

I have a little list

regards,

Hein

You don't have anything to worry about Holland came second last year by entering an original and not half bad song. (Interesting strategy)

• Like 1