Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Italian TV said Israel got 39% of the public vote there. If that is related Europe wide they will top the televote and will probably win if they get above 150 with the juries. 

Thought it would go better with the juries than the televote, an absolute snoozefest of a song for me

4 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Thought it would go better with the juries than the televote, an absolute snoozefest of a song for me

The Televote is more open to people voting for non musical reasons. 

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Those boys won't be troubling us for a while! I'm not sure I've seen sprightlier 60-somethings apart from Angela Rippon and Dick van Dyke! :o

Oi! One of them is younger than me! And I'm not 60 lol.

Jedward were in the audience and there is a video of them walking out at the start of Israel's performance.

Anyway my top 5 in no particular order:

• Croatia
  • Netherlands
  • Finland
  • Ireland
  • Ukraine

I'm also digging Armenia.

I’ll be voting for Ireland and Croatia on Saturday. Olly lost his mic pack on Tuesday (he said it on Lorraine) but his vocals are never amazing.

When he appeared during Strictly my first thought was “oh God no”. I do like his song though. 

I never watch the Semis. I always prefer the main show on Saturday to be a complete surprise. All I know is the Olly hate and the politics can both get in the bin. Buzzing for tomorrow!

7 minutes ago, TQR said:

I never watch the Semis. I always prefer the main show on Saturday to be a complete surprise. All I know is the Olly hate and the politics can both get in the bin. Buzzing for tomorrow!

He's rather outshone by a couple of the hunky backing dancers, lets be real. 

Trouble brewing… rumours of a disqualification of the Netherlands. They did not perform in their slot during the dress rehearsal. This follows incidents regarding the Israeli artist at a press conference yesterday.

12 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Trouble brewing… rumours of a disqualification of the Netherlands. They did not perform in their slot during the dress rehearsal. This follows incidents regarding the Israeli artist at a press conference yesterday.

According to the press he is under investigation for an incident last night but not during the press conference- rumours of a remark to a technical staff. 

• EBU website is down and there's confusion everywhere.
  • Possible report of Spain being harrassed by someone from Israel.
  • People in audience tonight don't know what is going on.
  • Europapa is currently being blasted outside the arena.
  • Big Five press meeting has been cancelled.

Edit:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:
  • EBU website is down and there's confusion everywhere.
  • Possible report of Spain being harrassed by someone from Israel.
  • People in audience tonight don't know what is going on.
  • Europapa is currently being blasted outside the arena.
  • Big Five press meeting has been cancelled.

Also, a contestant with the surname Mango doing an impromptu cover of Imagine.

images.jpeg.defa67dbb97434e70180b8d233678788.jpeg

• Haha 1

Got this from Reddit. Even the presenters in dress rehearsal don't know wtf is going on:

Things that have been confirmed by reports:

• Joost Klein didn't perform during the dress rehearsal this afternoon, despite being present for the flag parade at the opening. According to several sources, it has to do with an altercation he had with another person present in the arena

• The dress rehearsal ended in chaos, after the fake results sequence got cut short. Had the presenters visibly angry, rambling and apologising for the mess, even a black screen in the retransmission.

• The big5 and host press conference got cancelled, and the supervisor press conference got moved on the schedule and replaced as a presentation of the Junior Eurovision in the official press schedule.

I come from the same village where Joost was born. I'm not a particular ESFfan but I do support Joost in his quest. There seems to be a stinking influence coming from the Israeli delegation. Him being harassed about the death of his parents (unconfirmed) and now reading Spain is involved as well. Total chaos. I think there's one person enjoying all;

JOOST KLEIN.

GNO2BusWEAAYPUz.jpeg

• Like 1

Joost will not perform at the jury show and will use his semi final 2 performance instead. Currently he is still in the competition.

33 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

I come from the same village where Joost was born. I'm not a particular ESFfan but I do support Joost in his quest. There seems to be a stinking influence coming from the Israeli delegation. Him being harassed about the death of his parents (unconfirmed) and now reading Spain is involved as well. Total chaos. I think there's one person enjoying all;

JOOST KLEIN.

GNO2BusWEAAYPUz.jpeg

Confirmed as fake news. The if dient involved a female Swedish photographer.

If Israel win this competition (and their odds have been shortening), next year's contest that they would host is going to make this year's with all its problems so far look like a fairytale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

If Israel win this competition (and their odds have been shortening), next year's contest that they would host is going to make this year's with all its problems so far look like a fairytale.

Not really. The authorities in Israel just won’t allow anyone anti Israel into the country - so the only protestors will be domestic and some acts will be DQ or forced to perform from home. 

Regardless of absolutely everything, all I know is I barely remember Israel's entry, whereas I have been spontaneously bursting into "Euro-pa-pa papapapapa" all day. And if I had a cat, I'd meow back at it.

There's so much to enjoy this year, and I am determined to go to my mates' house for the party and enjoy it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brad252 said:

After Israël won in the past the organisers moved the next year to other countries to organize the competition. Like when they won with Hallelujah the next year the competition was housed in the Netherlands. 

6 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

After Israël won in the past the organisers moved the next year to other countries to organize the competition. Like when they won with Hallelujah the next year the competition was housed in the Netherlands. 

That wasn’t for security - that was becuase they couldn’t afford to host it a second time in a row. 

• Like 1

Netherlands out?

One of the best entries in years DQ-ed.

Colour me finished with this after this year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Netherlands out?

One of the best entries in years DQ-ed.

Colour me finished with this after this year.

Ditto.

• Like 1

Well Martin Österdahl who is president of Eurovision was booed last night and inside and outside arena everyone was chanting Europapa.

Going to be like Estonia and grab my popcorn.