Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

On 23/08/2021 at 21:26, arghton said:

Still some notable living actors and actresses alive from the golden age of Mexican cinema...

In the middle are Alma Rosa Aguirre (92), Rosa Carmina (91), Elsa Aguirre (90), Silvia Pinal (89), Maria Victoria (88) and Irma Dorantes (86).

Silvia Pinal and Amalia Aguilar seem like the next ones to go. Pinal was hospitalised a month or two ago for heart-related problems and looks like she has gained a lot of weight after her acting career. Aguilar is either in bed or in a wheelchair in most photos including those from her 95th.

Silvia Pinal hospitalised (apparently in ICU) with arrhythmia and high blood pressure, has also tested positive for covid in hospital but already vaccinated three times:

https://elpais.com/mexico/2021-12-23/la-actriz-mexicana-silvia-pinal-hospitalizada-por-covid-19.html

9 hours ago, arghton said:

Aguilar is either in bed or in a wheelchair in most photos including those from her 95th.

She is dead (1924 - 2021)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.memesrandom.com/amalia-aguilar/&ved=2ahUKEwjiwcSglPz0AhVQ6aQKHTgKBDYQFnoECGAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3l2S2TvJDONDtaGQBR5sL6

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, drol said:

Please, fucking stop!

Ok, I am sorry, I am new here.

Not Tatosov! I was such a huge fan. I will cry ever night for him. RIP you legend!! [channeling my inner Coffin Lodger]

• Sad 1

Not Agata Lys too?! This is turning out to be the worst day for celebrity deaths ever!! I am inconsolable.

• Haha 2

Can we rename this thread "random rubbish and RIPs"?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, drol said:

Can we rename this thread "random rubbish and RIPs"?

I'm not a vandal, but because I do not have many years here I do not know how it works and I'm learning. Please with all due to respect, do not be so strict. Regarding foreign deaths, where can we post them?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I'm not a vandal, but because I do not have many years here I do not know how it works and I'm learning. Please with all due to respect, do not be so strict. Regarding foreign deaths, where can we post them?

99.9%  of them in the bin marked "rubbish".

12 minutes ago, Redrumours said:

99.9%  of them in the bin marked "rubbish".

Excuse me but I do not agree. They too are very important and I believe they should have their thread, the same as the part I mentioned above or in other place here except "rubbish bin" 

7 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Excuse me but I do not agree. They too are very important and I believe they should have their thread, the same as the part I mentioned above or in other place here except "rubbish bin" 

I think the point others are trying to hint at concerns the fact that many of the individuals you're posting about are barely notable, and nobody knows who they are.

Many don't even have Wikipedia pages, others only have a handful of very minor credits within film or television etc. When posting, it's important to consider what's going to be of interest to other users on here, and also remember that everyone reads the Deaths in 2021 page on Wikipedia, so if something has been sat on there for hours or even days, we've likely seen it already.

Just be a little more measured when posting.

• Thanks 3

People who should be posted here are people who are pretty notable, but without their own threads. We're all well aware when random Russian actor dies — we all have the 2021 deaths wiki page refreshing multiple times per day. If you're gonna post about some random person at least write something interesting about them to make people want to read.

Also, no one cares about "list of living Filippino attorney generals" and the like. I'm referencing a specific person here *wink wink nudge nudge ahem*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/12/2021 at 01:09, arghton said:

Silvia Pinal hospitalised (apparently in ICU) with arrhythmia and high blood pressure, has also tested positive for covid in hospital but already vaccinated three times:

https://elpais.com/mexico/2021-12-23/la-actriz-mexicana-silvia-pinal-hospitalizada-por-covid-19.html

Out of danger.

Actress from "Trailer Park Boys" dead.

cbcf07349ae03eb6ac4a7a3f8ca03a83.png

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Ohoh : one of the Bogdanov’s brother, Grichka, dead at 72. Huge new in France as they’re really famous and often on the television. I’ve seen them both at a party 2 years ago and can tell you that they looked quite scary. Dunno if they’re also famous outside of here though 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Ohoh : one of the Bogdanov’s brother, Grichka, dead at 72. Huge new in France as they’re really famous and often on the television. I’ve seen them both at a party 2 years ago and can tell you that they looked quite scary. Dunno if they’re also famous outside of here though 

GettyImages-534857766-scaled.thumb.jpg.de1350b36c01d35e524c1275e67b5d13.jpg

I have heard of these two before. Daily Mail article from 11 years ago here

I wonder if he'll get obits from major English language news outles. 

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

The article mentions his twin was admitted to hospital with COVID at the same time...and also that neither were vaccinated...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, Windsor said:

The article mentions his twin was admitted to hospital with COVID at the same time...and also that neither were vaccinated...

The irony being they are science presenters/writers.

The La Monde article says both twins were hospitalised on 15th December with the disease. It doesn't state whether Igor has been discharged or not... Hmm could be easy DDP points if he's still in ICU with it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The irony being they are science presenters/writers.

The La Monde article says both twins were hospitalised on 15th December with the disease. It doesn't state whether Igor has been discharged or not... Hmm could be easy DDP points if he's still in ICU with it.

44 minutes ago, Windsor said:

I haven’t red the article myself tbh but I’m not surprised by that : they always had been quite controversial in their approach to science, they tried to popularize it but were rather TV personality honestly. They alleged that they have been abducted by aliens at some points in their career. After that they just appeared regularly on every big TV production but no one knew exactly why, I think a lot of us out here don’t even know they were scientist first ! 

but agree, don’t know if Igor is still in hospital but I can well see him dying just following his brother (they never did something without each other, there were even rumours of incest if I reckon…)