Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh I thought there was a few more?! A Canadian unique pick or something?!:D

Off Wiki's deaths in 2021 we have had more LOTM than hits the past few days. If more obscure names appeared I am unaware of them as yet.

Short of a splurge at Christmas, this wont be a record breaking year.

I write the sodding obits so I'm hoping there isn't a splurge at Christmas!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh I thought there was a few more?! A Canadian unique pick or something?!:D

Also awaiting QO as far as I can tell. Poor sod, all he had to do was like nose candy and it'd have been QOs up the wazoo already :biggrin:

• Haha 2

Just now, msc said:

Off Wiki's deaths in 2021 we have had more LOTM than hits the past few days. If more obscure names appeared I am unaware of them as yet.

Oh don't bank on it! Don't cross your fingers or tighten those bowels too much yet as it could get messy!!

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Yes I was surprised  nobody  chose  Anne Rice or  Cara Williams. 

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh don't bank on it! Don't cross your fingers or tighten those bowels too much yet as it could get messy!!

Oh I know the score. DI stretched out relaxing in January, triumphantly going "Everyone died in December, mate."

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, msc said:

Oh I know the score. DI stretched out relaxing in January, triumphantly going "Everyone died in December, mate."

Suddenly with so few names left the title competition hinges on Johnny Gilbert. I have an opening :ninja:

• Haha 1

Here’s that Vincente Fernandez QO if anyone is interested. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HDS said:

D18FF2F5-10EA-4322-A111-88BE09E91CED.jpeg
Family now acknowledges. 

RIP to one of the greatest singers from latin america, I honestly thought he had some more days left.

Is it just me who's never heard of him?

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

Is it just me who's never heard of him?

you must have arghton blocked

Spanish actress Verónica Forqué has died at the age of 66.

This morning, her body was found by the emergency services at her home in Madrid.

Famous for her films with Pedro Almodóvar, Verónica Forqué (maybe the best comedy actress of her generation), was born into a family of artists: her father (José María Forqué, prestigious director and producer), her mother (Carmen Vázquez-Vigo, writer), her brother (Álvaro Forqué, filmmaker) and her grandfather (José Vázquez-Vigo, musician and composer):

https://then24.com/2021/12/13/actress-veronica-forque-is-found-dead-at-her-home-in-madrid/

652890.jpg.4cfe7fcfc563152912a81f19e121d45c.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

Spanish actress Verónica Forqué has died at the age of 66.

This morning, her body was found by the emergency services at her home in Madrid.

Famous for her films with Pedro Almodóvar, Verónica Forqué (maybe the best comedy actress of her generation), was born into a family of artists: her father (José María Forqué, prestigious director and producer), her mother (Carmen Vázquez-Vigo, writer), her brother (Álvaro Forqué, filmmaker) and her grandfather (José Vázquez-Vigo, musician and composer):

https://then24.com/2021/12/13/actress-veronica-forque-is-found-dead-at-her-home-in-madrid/

652890.jpg.4cfe7fcfc563152912a81f19e121d45c.jpg

Forqueing hell.

About Vicente Fernandez, I wonder if he was the inspiration for the character design of the Superstar character Ernesto De La Cruz in Pixar's Coco.

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

About Vicente Fernandez, I wonder if he was the inspiration for the character design of the Superstar character Ernesto De La Cruz in Pixar's Coco.

Oh, and a find:

The Mexican grandmother who is the inofficial inspiration for the Coco character is now 108 years old:

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/20210921196400/mama-coco-vida-real-cumple-108/?viewas=amp

Name is Maria de la Salud.

33 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Oh, and a find:

The Mexican grandmother who is the inofficial inspiration for the Coco character is now 108 years old:

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/20210921196400/mama-coco-vida-real-cumple-108/?viewas=amp

Name is Maria de la Salud.

Please don't give the gerontophile readers on here ideas for more pointless Wikipedia pages! :P

• Haha 1

December 13, 2021

Писатель и режиссер Сергей Соловьев скончался в Москве, ему было 77 лет. 

Всего на счету режиссера 20 фильмов, в том числе «Асса», «Черная роза - эмблема печали, красная роза - эмблема любви» и «Сто дней после детства», награжденных Серебряным медведем за лучшую режиссуру. Берлинский кинофестиваль.

В 1981 и 1987 годах Соловьев входил в жюри Венецианского фестиваля, в 1993 году ему было присвоено звание Народного артиста. В 2002 году выступил инициатором создания международного фестиваля кинематографических дебютов «Дух огня» в Ханты-Мансийске.

https://www.rbc.ru/society/13/12/2021/61b76b0a9a794759c07a97d0

756394121316665.jpg

• Confused 3

17 minutes ago, chel said:

December 13, 2021

Writer and director Sergei Soloviev died in Moscow, he was 77 years old.

In total, the director has 20 films, including "Assa", "The Black Rose - the emblem of sadness, the red rose - the emblem of love" and "One Hundred Days After Childhood", which were awarded the Silver Bear for the best director. Berlin Film Festival.

In 1981 and 1987, Solovyov was a member of the jury of the Venice Festival, in 1993 he was awarded the title of People's Artist. In 2002, he initiated the creation of the Spirit of Fire international festival of cinematic debuts in Khanty-Mansiysk.

https://www.rbc.ru/society/13/12/2021/61b76b0a9a794759c07a97d0

756394121316665.jpg

Translated.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 06/12/2021 at 20:41, drol said:

*snip*

3)Bogalay Tint Aung (1922)

image.thumb.png.5a9f9b2593617464b5452423bc72c844.png

Burma's national artist, a talented filmmaker and composer. If only there was a way to rapidly and accurately describe his condition... oh, wait, here it is: :pop:

Dead according to the BBC.

• Like 3

Argentine actress Gloria Montes dies at 96. R.I.P (1925 - 2021)

• Like 1

Any Ingmar Bergman fans here? I made a list of survivors from his movies. Well, it might be pointless to include the ones from the 70s and 80s. How about 1946-1969?

Kris/Crisis - 1946: Inga Landgre (b. 1927)

Det regnar på vår kärlek/It Rains on Our Love - 1946: N/A

Skepp till Indialand/A Ship Bound for India - 1947: Amy Aaröe (b. 1925)

Musik i mörker/Music in Darkness - 1948: N/A

Hamnstad/Port of Call - 1948: See end of post

Fängelse/Prison - 1949: Anita Blom (b. 1929)

Törst/Thirst - 1949: Monica Eek (b. 1941)

Till glädje/To Joy - 1950: Margit Carlqvist (b. 1932) & Björn Montin (b. 1941)

Sånt händer inte här/This Can't Happen Here - 1950: Gunwer Bergkvist (b. 1932)

Sommarlek/Summer Interlude - 1951: Gerd Andersson (b. 1932)

Kvinnors väntan/Secrets of Women - 1952: Björn Bjelfvenstam (b. 1929) & Gerd Andersson

Sommaren med Monika/Summer with Monika - 1953: Harriet Andersson (b. 1932) & Carl-Uno Larsson (b. 1944)

Gycklarnas afton/Sawdust and Tinsel - 1953: Harriet Andersson & Göran Lundqvist (b. 1941)

En lektion i kärlek/A Lesson in Love - 1954: Harriet Andersson, Yvonne Lombard (b. 1929) & Göran Lundqvist

Kvinnodröm/Dreams - 1955: Inga Landgre, Björn Bjelfvenstam & Harriet Andersson

Sommarnattens leende/Smiles of a Summer Night - 1955: Björn Bjelfvenstam, Margit Carlqvist, Harriet Andersson & Lena Söderblom (b. 1935)

Det sjunde inseglet/The Seventh Seal - 1957: Inga Landgre, Lars Lind (b. 1935) & Lena Bergman (b. 1943, daughter)

Smultronstället/Wild Strawberries - 1957: Björn Bjelfvenstam, Gio Petre (b. 1937), Eva Möller (b. 1938), Göran Lundqvist & Lena Bergman

Nära livet/Brink of Life - 1958: Inga Landgre, Lars Lind & Kristina Adolphson (b. 1937)

Ansiktet/The Magician - 1958: Birgitta Pettersson (b. 1939)

Jungfrukällan/The Virgin Spring - 1960: Birgitta Pettersson

Djävulens öga/The Devil's Eye - 1960: Kristina Adolphson

Såsom i en spegel/Through a Glass Darkly - 1961: Harriet Andersson

Nattvardsgästerna/Winter Light - 1963: Eddie Axberg (b. 1947)

Tystnaden/The Silence - 1963: Jörgen Lindström (b. 1951)

För att inte tala om alla dessa kvinnor/All These Women - 1964: Harriet Andersson

Persona - 1966: Liv Ullmann (b. 1938) & Jörgen Lindström

Vargtimmen/Hour of the Wolf - 1968: Liv Ullmann & Mikael Rundquist (b. 1955)

Skammen/Shame - 1968: Liv Ullmann

En passion/The Passion of Anna - 1969: Liv Ullmann, Annicka Kronberg (b. 1944) & Malin Ek (b. 1945)

Gunlög Hagberg (1931-2021) played one of the flagellants in The Seventh Seal. She died on 29 September 2021 but IMDb still has her as alive. Else-Merete Heiberg was in Port of Call & Thirst, but I couldn't verify that she is still alive as of December 2021. This is because she is Norwegian and not as famous as Ullmann. Maybe Old Lady or Putin knows. If alive, then every single of Bergman's release years has at least one survivor. On a similar note, Maud Elfsiö moved to Denmark. She was in Brink of Life. Another immigrant is Hariette Garellick, who lives/lived in USA so no clue here either. She was in Crisis. Another cast member of Bergman's first film is Carin Cederström. Born in 1925, very little information and I don't want to assume that she's alive just cuz there's no death date online.

Spoiler

Can you tell I'm bored? I'm really bored. At least you have good material for future Silverscreen pools. :lol:

• Like 4

Jussi Wahlgren (1952-2021, imdb) Finnish author and actor known for his roles in soap operas Salatut Elämät (from 2009 to 2011) and Kotikatu (2009) and for being the Finnish dub voice actor for multiple characters in Transformers: Prime (from 2012 to 2013) found dead in his Athens home:

http://mesta.net/nayttelija-ja-kirjailija-jussi-wahlgren-on-kuollut/